Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

Why do you get so much grief your project Sam... I maintain that you're jinxed and you should just bloody buy yourself an M3 and be done with it ;)

Well spoken to Jim at GP Speed Equipment. He has asked for the opportunity to put it right. He is going to supply me with another head to the same spec. Fully recon'd. Supply a brand new schrick cam, all the gaskets etc etc etc and as quickly as possible! If I can get the head down there this week he will get it done straight away!

I can't say fairer than that really!!!

Sam, you really are the unluckiest bloke I know when it comes to getting things done by other companys to your car!!

I have no doubts that when it's finished it will be a stonking motor tho!!

its a test of patience - can imagine how irratating it is - but, now you know its being corrected, its just a matter of waiting now I am assuming. Been in a situation like this before (not my car) and you just have to see it out and focus - let the excitement of getting the work finished take over the frustration. Wish you luck with it all Sam.

Cylinder head came off yesterday. Only Cylinder 4 valves have kissed the piston, slightly bending the valves, but the piston is absolutely fine - Finally some good luck in the whole affair.

The head, cam etc are all being replaced by Racepower so that will be with them tomorrow and it's just a case of more waiting then for it to come back!

hi, man, just read through your post as you told me to ;) Actually, I think you deserve all this trouble when trying to so something nature cannot, and give a g60 engine supernatural powers.

Too bad about the wack cam, but then again, they will fix it for free, so now you can focus on polishing the exterior, drinking, humping, and all the other simple pleasures in life.

Love your color, style and engine man. Will it be capable of any major mileage when this tuned? And have you done anything to your charger yet?

It's not a major mileage car, but will be finr doing it! It's my weekend car so I have no quarms about doing mileage bar the huge fuel and methanol bill!!!!

I've done as much as is possible to the charger!!!!!!!

Well I've had word today that the head is now finished!!!!!!

So hopefully will be back on either Saturday or Monday! Also have another surprise mod on the way!!! Not engine (as such!) related but a nice surprise for all!!!!!!

You're head's been fixed?? Does that mean you've become sane and decided to buy a diesel runabout, Sam? :lol:

jk

Top Shots Sam, whats with the suprise mod???

Reckon Sam6 should be in with a chance of the Forum calendar, even if it is a mini shot.

Can you remeber when the show was mate? I'll check the data on the pictures when I get home so I know for sure but.. obviously got to submit the right one(s) for the right season.

So fancy PM'ing me and spilling the details of the secret mod? :)