Chuggs1

Wheeler Dealers

Well I have rung the graffics shop . I will take the badges down to him after work tomorrow . They do a brush chrome too . Once I have prices and samples I will start a proper thread and see how it goes from there .

Regards

Rob

Well that was a fairly good show on Wheeler Dealers.

Shame so many bits did seem to be omitted - like the panel repairs.

I also would have liked to have known how you clean all the oil off an engine.

Not that I need to know being one of the lucky few who do not have oil problems, but just intrigued. Probably just a degreaser spray, much like the auto glym tar remover I guess

As for the Go Kart Track - I would have beaten any 16v round there in my VR, well except Dave Dewson perhaps- unless he started off behind me !!! ha ha ha get in there wendy!! lol

As for the Sunroof repair, I know Vince hates doing these, so I have just sent him an email - suggesting he should watch it - as I can't see what the problem is. !!! lol.

He will kill me - when I am in there next with my non VW Zed. oooo for anything nice on the Z?

The show was really encouraging too on the price front, after my respray, that has got to make mine £9000 only 2 owners and one lady careful lady owner for the last 14 years !!! Anyone ? I would say that's about right & once my VR paint is done I will be getting agreed value insurance for around that figure too

Well I have rung the graffics shop . I will take the badges down to him after work tomorrow . They do a brush chrome too . Once I have prices and samples I will start a proper thread and see how it goes from there .

Regards

Rob

cool as a mo fo! cracking news rob thank you

No worries . I will obviously take all three as I have spares of those . If possible for those wanting chrome Corrado script , I will see if it can be made in one full sticker .

Just a Service and sort of a few issues.

My Zed is fairly standard, its a bit of a beast (276 bhp and rear wheel drive) without anything added, so have not felt the need for mods.

It does have a K1 exhaust though - which is the business, proper loud.

I am having loads of stage photo's on my Corrado done while it is in the body shop, so hopefully there will not be any problems getting an agreed Value for insurance.

Surely the Insurers will want someone to verify this though. Who do we go to, someone on the Corrado Club Committee ?

Thing is, if the finish on the vinyls is pretty good, I don't see why I couldn't look back into getting the badge copied / 3D printed just in black plastic, with a chrome or red sticker to go on the front to finish it off?

Probably not so good for the concourse type enthusiasts but might be good enough for the other 98% of Corrado owners who just want a badge there that looks very close to the original?

Just a Service and sort of a few issues.

My Zed is fairly standard, its a bit of a beast (276 bhp and rear wheel drive) without anything added, so have not felt the need for mods.

It does have a K1 exhaust though - which is the business, proper loud.

I am having loads of stage photo's on my Corrado done while it is in the body shop, so hopefully there will not be any problems getting an agreed Value for insurance.

Surely the Insurers will want someone to verify this though. Who do we go to, someone on the Corrado Club Committee ?

cool, sounds good wendy

would you mind me asking where you are having your paint done, why there & do they offer any guarantee's on their work?

I think the insurers get you to complete some forms, send them lots of pictures & present evidence of cars being sold for around the value, or above, which you wish to insure for & then you come to an agreement

which could be good as there have been a few seriously well priced sales recently

Thing is, if the finish on the vinyls is pretty good, I don't see why I couldn't look back into getting the badge copied / 3D printed just in black plastic, with a chrome or red sticker to go on the front to finish it off?

Probably not so good for the concourse type enthusiasts but might be good enough for the other 98% of Corrado owners who just want a badge there that looks very close to the original?

I think many of us would be favourable to that option Jim

cool, sounds good wendy

would you mind me asking where you are having your paint done, why there & do they offer any guarantee's on their work?

I think the insurers get you to complete some forms, send them lots of pictures & present evidence of cars being sold for around the value, or above, which you wish to insure for & then you come to an agreement

which could be good as there have been a few seriously well priced sales recently

Sending a PM

Would that be with you sorting the stickers as well Jim , or do you want me to go ahead with them ? .

You should go ahead with the stickers mate - once we see how they look and if we think they're decent, I could start looking into some cheap reproduction badges to combine with them?

I think many of us would be favourable to that option Jim

agreed. Just another thought, what about a chrome finish vw sticker for the rear badge?

I should know by now, having owned Corrado's over the last 14 years or so now but is the face of the rear VW badge flat or does it have curves to it?

No surprise there mate, your car looks magic on the TV 8)

Cheers! Your sunroof looked pretty good too.

Look cracking Chris.. Was it you driving.

Cheers! No I wasn't driving unfortunately, I was in the filming car though.

I should know by now, having owned Corrado's over the last 14 years or so now but is the face of the rear VW badge flat or does it have curves to it?

It's curved - even I know that!

Only 'cos I used to put mine in upside-down.. ;)

And, if anyone wishes to download the episode for safe keeps:

https://mega.nz/#F!JMIyxLTT!rb4vSAbFiYSqmhXu8CfLQg