Grrrrallye

Storm Factory Alarm / Immobilizer issues

I have a Storm with the factory/forecourt option alarm system (Conlog)and it appears to be stopping me from starting the engine.

I have replaced both the batteries in the fobs (with the rarest batteries in the world!) but it still wont start.

I can arm and disarm on the fob as backed up by the indicators flashing. If I arm, the vac system pulls to lock the doors etc (although only the boot lid if fitted)

When I put the key in and try to fire, I get the dash lights on, usual oil, water brake lights then when I go for start, I can hear a relay pull in but not turning or any attempt to fire.

I have tried with a fob both in and out of the over ride socket under the glove box as prior to the works being carried out, the only way I got it to start and not to alarm whilst in storage was to put the fob in position.

Anyone had any dealings with this system how to check it, any known issues or even just how to bypass it?

Thanks

Check for 12V at the small wire on the starter and the fuel pump connector on the tank when cranking.

Be careful of the engine starting whilst your hands are inside the bay

I can't help but, I had the same system in my car. The alarm started misbehaving, sometimes the siren would go off when I was driving and other times it would lock the car as soon as turned off the ignition. I decided to cut my losses and have system replaced with a new alarm. The old alarm was obviously drawing a lot of current as I no longer have to keep charging the battery.

Thanks for the replies,

I had seen about the ignition switch issue so i will also look into that however I have had it running before the engine was out so I think i will probably have to go through the loom and see where i have power and where I don't.

The alarm is functional as the vac pump runs and attempts to lock/unlock the doors that are not yet fitted.

Putting the key to stage also starts the elec water pump that sequels like a stuck pig as i cant get enough water moving

I used to find when the alarm was unsynced it would go off as you turn the key. Hazards would flash etc

I think you can check power at the starter motor if its the switch.

Ok, gents, tested tonight and found that there is no activation voltage getting to the starter.

How do I test the ignition switch? Is there an easily accessible point to get the meter onto and see what is and is not functioning?

I have had a go at that but i dont know. I cant prove if its the alarm system or the switch.

Is there a test for the switch or does anyone know if a procedure for changing out?

Awesome. That's another job for this week if I get to the bottom of the argument that is about to kick off the local garage about her TT.

I will post a separate rant on that tomorrow after I speak to them directly

FWIW I had the conlog alarm immobiliser in my VR6 until recently too. Apart from the one and only remote I have being a complete piece of ****e and requiring the battery contacts repolishing every five minutes the control unit itself had worked perfectly throughout my time with it. I had it removed when the dashboard was out just because the remote was a liability waiting to strand me somewhere .. anywhere ..

IT LIVES!!

Stripped out the ignition switch and tried the bypass with no luck.

disconnected the connection to the starter and re connected, then tried the key and the starter spun, but didn't engage.

Eventually found the connectors for the voltage regulator had been undone, back together and it fired on the button

Thanks for the help guys

Get rid of that alarm. It may not have been the culprit this time. But it's a ticking timebomb. Toad ai606 is a good job.

I know your right. I just want to get the thing finished and working first.

Once its all up and running, then i will look into getting it secure