timmaaah

Is this overpriced? Cat D Storm

If it hadn't met reserve wouldn't it show that in the bidding section... Maybe they have removed the reserve. So if that's correct them it will sell.... And if family and friends are running it up.... They will have bought it lol

You just agree not to go ahead with the sale and you get your fees back.

It's going to be resisted time and time again, every one here knows how hard it can be to sell a decent car never mind that P.O.S. Relatives or friends are running it up for him

could it not just be that someone out there actually wants to buy that storm!? regardless of the cat D and tatty interior etc, at the end of the day its a standard storm in the most desirable colour out of the 2 storms made, and ONLY has 84 thou on the clock!! hopefully the buyer is genuine and wants to give a FAB car a bit of TLC and love it how it deserves to be loved

we all want the prices of our beauties to increase but hows that supposed to happen when the rado keeps getting put down time and time again!!

what do people want for their money? they are all over 20 years old now and unless you dont actually drive it (but then whats the point of having one) signs of wear and tear are going to happen, and i for one would not pile loads of money into making it look like brand new to sell it, at the end of the day its a storm and there is only 8 registered as been licensed and on the road today

i hope she sells today and gets the love she deserves

Another well said

thanks chuggs

i actually have grieved for my girl whilst making the decision to sell her, and there actually is some genuine people out there that are selling their beloved car for genuine reasons

mine is because of my job (helping elderly people stay in their own homes) she currently costs me between 3-400 pound in fuel a month and considering my total wage is between 9-1000 pound a month...... well you do the maths! that and the fact that i feel she should only be used in the sunshine and kept under wraps the rest of the time, she is not a daily car to be fair as the more miles she does the more work and care she needs i just cant afford to maintain her, believe me when i say this, if i had a garage to store her in I WOULD!! then in 10 yrs time i could do her up and she would prolly be the only storm left in the country, but i cant :shrug:

Well hold off selling until after the wheeler Dealer show on the 5th October.... That can't do any harm to the price..... I hope....... And it may wake a few sleeping buyers up....

I'm sure we all appreciate your sentiment towards your car Em, but the fact is that the car advertised is pretty far overpriced based on the amount of work required to bring it up to standard, and current market values. We've all been talking about it for a while now, and there has been an slight increase in value of late, which can only be helped by the wheeler dealers episode putting our beloved cars in the public eye even more. There are Storms in both colours quite regularly for sale at reasonable prices, and buyers should hold condition over mileage as things like bodywork have the highest outlay to put right. You could have a top end rebuild, chains et all done, plus clutch, water pump and even radiator for about £1500 including labour. A full body respray would cost twice that, not including all the trim items that would need to be replaced.

I'm not trying to shoot you down Em honestly, and you are right, there are some very genuine people - none more so than in my experience the vast majority of Corrado owners. Its the same with many classic or otherwise car owner though, the emotional attachment they have to their car can cloud their judgement, meaning they want the highest price possible for it. Whether the seller is using others to push the price up I couldn't say, I personally don't know anyone who has ever done that to get a sale - does it actually work!!!???

I'm sure we all appreciate your sentiment towards your car Em, but the fact is that the car advertised is pretty far overpriced based on the amount of work required to bring it up to standard, and current market values. We've all been talking about it for a while now, and there has been an slight increase in value of late, which can only be helped by the wheeler dealers episode putting our beloved cars in the public eye even more. There are Storms in both colours quite regularly for sale at reasonable prices, and buyers should hold condition over mileage as things like bodywork have the highest outlay to put right. You could have a top end rebuild, chains et all done, plus clutch, water pump and even radiator for about £1500 including labour. A full body respray would cost twice that, not including all the trim items that would need to be replaced.

I'm not trying to shoot you down Em honestly, and you are right, there are some very genuine people - none more so than in my experience the vast majority of Corrado owners. Its the same with many classic or otherwise car owner though, the emotional attachment they have to their car can cloud their judgement, meaning they want the highest price possible for it. Whether the seller is using others to push the price up I couldn't say, I personally don't know anyone who has ever done that to get a sale - does it actually work!!!???

You say that Sean and I agree with much of what you say.... But there do seem to be a lot of owners on here but mainly on Corrado Facebook pages that run the car and the price down.... And not sure why... And well potential buyers read that it keeps the price down. Would be nice if price kept in line with our outlay lol

If you want a cat d / c project join copart and pay £1k for one where you can view the damage.

He's stuck a used wing on and who knows what damage there is to suspension and even chasis.

The best should sell for good money, the worst should be priced accordingly.

Looking at the bidders it does look like it's being deliberately hiked up. Plus if I was selling a car on ebay I would be deleting bids from a user with only 2 feedbacks. Ebay itself is generally useless for selling, everyone wants a bargain and unless you actually go and see the car beforehand instead of buying blind the chances are it's not as described anyway. They always leave something important out. My G60 came from ebay from a fellow forum member and despite it looking shiny and pretty, it was a mechanical timebomb aswell as a death trap.

Interesting . I've been watching it since it was posted on here . It is true that people sell way to cheap . If I was to sell now , it would be up for around the 5k mark . I think that's a fair price for a looked after car .