skid

Improving Heated seats?

I have heated seats which were fitted as new in the VR6 but they take forever to heat up.

Can anything be checked or done to improve this?

Possibly worth checking you have correct voltage to the plugs under the seats, but other than that not really. They're 20+ year old heating elements after all.

As Sean says really . I've just fitted my loom , I wasn't expecting much and I wasn't disappointed. The only way I would have thought to improve them is to remove the parts from a modern car and somehow adapt them to the Corrado seats .

I have heated seats which were fitted as new in the VR6 but they take forever to heat up.

Can anything be checked or done to improve this?

thermal undies from santa this xmas maybe..... my seats aren't that toasty.

I find that when both the driver and passenger seats are on neither gets particularly warm.  Either one or the other but not both simultaneously.  Is that the same for anyone else?

That, and they do take a while to heat up - the Rav4 warm up in 30 secs irrespective of the outside temp

Very rarely use mine - but they work well enough. I'd say any problems are due to poor wiring or broken elements in the seat, and the only way to fix that would be to replace them with new ones, which requires the seat covering to come off.

I managed to pick up some new elements for my Recaros before getting them re-trimmed. They weren’t cheap however. There seem to be lots of kits around these days but they generally seem to use carbon mats rather than the copper wire elements found in the Corrado, I was led to believe that the controllers aren’t compatible with these.

You can still buy the recaro heat elements from classics believe it or not but the stock leather heater elements are obsolete, mine only get up to luke warm. 

28 minutes ago, Keyo said:

You can still buy the recaro heat elements from classics believe it or not but the stock leather heater elements are obsolete, mine only get up to luke warm. 

Mine weren’t the recaro ones as they were unavailable at the time, I bought some totally on spec assuming they’d somehow fit. I think they’re Mk4 Golf although I didn’t check the part number, just the size. I did have to swap the plugs but I can live with that!