Matstorm21

New vr6 storm owner

Hiya I am new to this site , I purchased a vr6 storm 2 weeks back reg N803 YWP 154k 2 previous owners . I did own N150 EUG 8 years back and decided I needed to buy another one :-) . I don't think I joined the site all those years back so like I say this is all new to me . The car has been really looked after and 110k of its mileage with the first owner it's done 14k in 5 years currently . I have purchased the car to drive not store & it's in a garage over night . I have a list of minor things I want to correct over the next 12 months , I have noticed parts are hard to come by now :-( so either second hand or maybe GSF ? I have said to myself I will never sell this car & I will keep it bog standard. Maybe in a few years I will totally rebuild the car. Anyway any help & advice would be much appreciated , do we have any storm owners here ? I would really like to meet some of you so I can get some ideas .

Mat West mid

Welcome along.

You are right about certain parts becoming harder to source but there aren't many bits that cant be had from a wanted thread on here. What colour is yours? My 1st car had a similar plate N808CWB

Enjoy :)

Welcome!

This is a great site. Very friendly & lots of helpful advice.

I bought my Storm earlier this year & have embarked on a mini resto. The thread is in the Newbies section.

I was very lucky with some of the parts I needed but no doubt about it some are very difficult to source, but that's half the fun!

Enjoy the car. :thumbleft:

Welcome Mat, I have a late VR6 and have found this forum excellent for tracing those hard to find bits. Nothing has defeated me yet in my quest to retain its originality!

Genuine mats have gone obsolete from the dealer within the last year I believe, but there are a few decent fitting aftermarket ones on ebay. The aerial bases are available on ebay too. Worth checking our VW Heritage as they are doing well with obtaining some previously hard to come by parts recently.

Oh and welcome!!!

No, you're wrong.

:norty:

I agree with you..... Blackberry of course! Not that I'm biased of course

Welcome along . The others are all totally wrong . The correct colour for a Corrado is Dark Burgundy Pearl. All others are fake .

Welcome Matt, nice mystic storm you have there.

I too have a mystic and live it, like you mine is driver and is my daily transport, it's a bit tatty round the edges but they are meant to be driven.

You'll like it here, loads of helpful folk.

Rog.

Hi mate welcome, I also have a mystic blue storm n275 egs.it's in prity good shape just a small few jobs to make it mint.iam based in Sheffield if you ever fane meeting up

Jonesyraddo I'm over at Aston/ Sheffield if ever you fancy seeing a slow rebuild.

And every colour corrado is beautiful. That's corrado biased I know

Hi mate welcome, I also have a mystic blue storm n275 egs.it's in prity good shape just a small few jobs to make it mint.iam based in Sheffield if you ever fane meeting up

In in Barnsley mate, can organise a meet in new year if you like?