Bfstrachan

Dash removal...

Thanks for the link! Just had a quick look and looks spot on. Do you cut the foam a little bit bigger than the flaps or to size?

I went to size for 2 reasons:

1) you never get a firm "seal" with air vents etc so going oversize is overkill. Directional flow is enough for the job

2) if oversize you risk catching/ dragging within the heater box putting additional stress risk on the cables/ controls

I went to size for 2 reasons:

1) you never get a firm "seal" with air vents etc so going oversize is overkill. Directional flow is enough for the job

2) if oversize you risk catching/ dragging within the heater box putting additional stress risk on the cables/ controls

good points - stored mentally for when i sort the valver flaps

sad state of affairs! :lol:

indeed but at least it blows hot on the windscreen & clears it well

especially now it also has a new blower motor - its like gale force in comparison to the old one!

My dash went back in last night. Most cables routed as they should be and my knuckles look like I fought my way through brambles while I was at it.

Just thought I'd share an idea I had. I inserted some speed clips (spire clips) where the lower shelves meet the dash. This will help hold the dash firmer as the original tapped holes were wearing on my car. Hope this helps :)

Good tip Chris. The little screw above the ABS sWitch is a pain . You always end up with a small gap !

Get yourself an angle bit screwdriver adapter Rob. Perfect for those pesky dash screws and it's helped my out quite a few times in those sort of confined areas!

I got to the screw ok Sean . It's the gap between the dash and the centre consol . I couldn't tighten the screw anymore .

Thanks for the tip Chris, you mention your knuckles and I chuckled. I have plasters and numerous sections of flesh exposed - so more of the same to come... I am waiting for the foam to come, so at least the hands are getting time to heal :)

I had quite a large gap between the lower dash area and the centre console. Couldn't for the life of me close it up. Then noticed the gear stick section part that goes up to the dash had actually moved back from its correct position. Loosened the 2 10mm nuts, pushed her back, tightened and now looks better. Just a thought

Little hiccup as GSF have supplied the wrong matrix :( the body is same but the flange that goes through the bulkhead is too short and doesn't allow the matrix to insert fully into the heater box. Need to wait for the replacement :( Couple of pics with the box refurb done...37994d34c40ed9e12c456041778ed0df.jpgeab9b78a7bf41d8614903cb69a8d0828.jpg

Aye - very satisfying! I overestimated how much felt was needed! Have tons left if anyone needs...

I will be needing some in the future as have to sort the valver flaps out

need to pull the air box out again 1st though booo hoo hoo

I will be needing some in the future as have to sort the valver flaps out

need to pull the air box out again 1st though booo hoo hoo

Send me your address and I'll get some posted to you! Consider it a gift for the help along the way :)