EJ Taylor

BREMBO retrofit on the Corrado, anyone done this? What ones fit?

Yep, 288mm from a mk3 or 4 Golf fits under. Bit snug, but fills the inner rim nicely.

tidy thanks sean :)

think i may go that route if it turns out to be a front caliper sticking on the VR - though im going to call hispec just to see about their 280mm billet 4 solution

I'm in the middle of this malarky, with Brembos of any flavour Your gonna def. Need Wheel

Spacers, no other way of avoiding the Outer pistons rubbing on the inner part of the Wheel, BBS RM's 15".

I'm going to use the original 280mm disks as the pads fit them perfectly.

I don't think you'll get 288mm discs under 15" wheels, depends on the offset and inner design too though.

I'm in the middle of this malarky, with Brembos of any flavour Your gonna def. Need Wheel

Spacers, no other way of avoiding the Outer pistons rubbing on the inner part of the Wheel, BBS RM's 15".

I'm going to use the original 280mm disks as the pads fit them perfectly.

I don't think you'll get 288mm discs under 15" wheels, depends on the offset and inner design too though.

thanks

i wont go brembos - either the full hog to hispec 4 pots or 288's for a cheaper solution

100% fit. I have them on mine, as do many others. Have a look in the wiki for part numbers of the calipers etc. Think you may need carrier adaptors for the mk4 setup but not totally sure. I have mk3 Golf 288mm calipers on mine with braided hoses and its a good step up from the standard 280mm. It not so much the disks than the pads, I remember reading there is around a 25% increase in friction coverage. The pads are noticeably much bigger.

What other solutions are available if you want to keep a 15 inch RM alloy?

I've just noticed the Tarox 6 kit that I was looking at last week in now priced in Euro on the .co.uk website and is 1.2K Euro by the time you include VAT & shipping.

Just a word of warning to you all with high-spec they make some good product but are a nightmare to deal with regarding customer service.

Just a word of warning to you all with high-spec they make some good product but are a nightmare to deal with regarding customer service.

I've done over 100k on my hispecs,always get pads and discs from them and I've never had a problem When I bought them,they gave me a tour of the factory,they have made me off one alloy hubs for other projects,I know they aren't the cheapest,but I can only give them praise

I've done over 100k on my hispecs,always get pads and discs from them and I've never had a problem When I bought them,they gave me a tour of the factory,they have made me off one alloy hubs for other projects,I know they aren't the cheapest,but I can only give them praise[/]

Not sure how long ago your last experience was. I think there may have been a change in staff/management recently. We called a month or so ago to get replacement rotors for a customer, they said that they had "never, ever produced disc of that spec and fitment" it wasn't until we sent them a screenshot of their own website that they believed us.

If you look at the reviews on google the majority of them are rather negative.

What other solutions are available if you want to keep a 15 inch RM alloy?

I've just noticed the Tarox 6 kit that I was looking at last week in now priced in Euro on the .co.uk website and is 1.2K Euro by the time you include VAT & shipping.

Does anyone have any experience of fitting better brakes under a G60 BBS RZ? I have a Brembo 996 kit but i'm not keen on changing wheels and these require a 16 inch wheel.

I'm in this same position as you mark..

I got two Brembo calipers off Troy (Graphite) and I'll be using the O/E G60 280mm

Vented disk all fitted under my BBS rm 15" rims.

Definitely needing 15mm spacers, there's no way that they will clear

The inner rim without.

I'm also gonna need a set of Epytec custom brackets to mount the calipers onto the g60

Hub.

You could do what I was gonna do and use a set of Girling twin piston G60 calipers, Vauxhall Meriva 1.7 cdti brake disks, Audi S2 Brembo pads and fit that lot on, you may need a 5mm spacer to clear the caliper though, at least on the RM's it's needed.

A set of Goodridge braided hoses and your set, awesome braking under a 15" rim..

I have this entire set up ready to go if your interested, brand new, machined disks, pads and calipers with new seals.

Mine (hispec).fit in a 15" wheel with no spacers.

Yandards has a set on his car,he did some detective work and found what model the discs are of off,it might be better using the "other" discs and it would save spacers !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine (hispec).fit in a 15" wheel with no spacers.

Yandards has a set on his car,he did some detective work and found what model the discs are of off,it might be better using the "other" discs and it would save spacers !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i have been looking at the hispec site last week dragon

they say they do a billet 4 which will work with the OE 280mm disc & fit under 15" OE rims but no price - what version are yours pls?

from what i believe, a benefit of hispec is that they manufacture the calipers to the exact specs if needed

i want to ring them but resisting as i know i will want them lol

I'm in this same position as you mark..

I got two Brembo calipers off Troy (Graphite) and I'll be using the O/E G60 280mm

Vented disk all fitted under my BBS rm 15" rims.

Definitely needing 15mm spacers, there's no way that they will clear

The inner rim without.

I'm also gonna need a set of Epytec custom brackets to mount the calipers onto the g60

Hub.

You could do what I was gonna do and use a set of Girling twin piston G60 calipers, Vauxhall Meriva 1.7 cdti brake disks, Audi S2 Brembo pads and fit that lot on, you may need a 5mm spacer to clear the caliper though, at least on the RM's it's needed.

A set of Goodridge braided hoses and your set, awesome braking under a 15" rim..

I have this entire set up ready to go if your interested, brand new, machined disks, pads and calipers with new seals.

Thanks for the offer but if i'm changing the original setup i'd prefer a fixed caliper and really don't want to run any spacers

i have been looking at the hispec site last week dragon

they say they do a billet 4 which will work with the OE 280mm disc & fit under 15" OE rims but no price - what version are yours pls?

from what i believe, a benefit of hispec is that they manufacture the calipers to the exact specs if needed

i want to ring them but resisting as i know i will want them lol

Mine are the billet 4's,but mine only work with their 280 discs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are the billet 4's,but mine only work with their 280 discs

thanks for the reply dragon

ahh i had seen something like that stated - it is likely i am incorrect in thinking i could use existing discs

did you get the full kit from them? ie billet 4 calipers, rotors, pads etc?

thanks

Yes,i think I'm on the third set of discs and about the sixth set of pads !

ok cool thank you

that is good wear rate of disc per pad

i recall buying a set of standard discs & pads from VW & the discs were shot before the pads, crap they were!

ok i called hi-spec today to check out their offering which can fit under (or should) a 15" speedline

I must say i was pleasantly surprised

billet 4 kit, comprising of calipers, discs, brackets & bolts etc for £5oo +vat ish (i say ish as they offer anodised or painted at different costs)

for those in the trade they do a 20% discount if ordered by the company

kit comes minus pads & hoses (as they need banjo's) but hoses are about £20 each side & then a range of pads on offer

i wonder what the offset against say a 288mm upgrade would be - as for that i would also need new discs, hoses etc etc

ok i called hi-spec today to check out their offering which can fit under (or should) a 15" speedline

I must say i was pleasantly surprised

billet 4 kit, comprising of calipers, discs, brackets & bolts etc for £5oo +vat ish (i say ish as they offer anodised or painted at different costs)

for those in the trade they do a 20% discount if ordered by the company

kit comes minus pads & hoses (as they need banjo's) but hoses are about £20 each side & then a range of pads on offer

i wonder what the offset against say a 288mm upgrade would be - as for that i would also need new discs, hoses etc etc

Interesting. I was contemplating overhauling my brakes over the winter with new calipers, discs, etc front and rear as they've literally not been touched since I bought the car 6+ years ago - it would probably cost more for replacement OE kit than that lot, and that lot would be significantly more effective. Hmmm...

Something to bear in mind for people changing callipers over to 4-pot is that they create a very unique pedal feel in the Corrado due to the fact the master cylinder can't be easily uprated to match the amount of fluid that needs to flow to move 4 pistons rather than 1.

In my car for instance, the pedal has more initial movement before they really bite. Once they do they are fantastic but for people who've never driven the car before it can be a little disconcerting having to push the pedal so far.

If you're never going on track, or the car is running near standard power I wouldn't bother. Just get some good 288's or 312's, good fluid, braided hoses, good pads etc and you'll be golden.

Also, pads for the more bespoke 4-pot callipers are very expensive. For my AP's a full set is around £150-200. If you want track pads like pagid greys (RS15's) it's £250+

If you're never going on track, or the car is running near standard power I wouldn't bother. Just get some good 288's or 312's, good fluid, braided hoses, good pads etc and you'll be golden.

Totally agree, 312s and braided hoses is as much braking as a Corrado needs

Interesting. I was contemplating overhauling my brakes over the winter with new calipers, discs, etc front and rear as they've literally not been touched since I bought the car 6+ years ago - it would probably cost more for replacement OE kit than that lot, and that lot would be significantly more effective. Hmmm...

i am of the same train of thought Jim - the temptation to be able to have some much better stopping power without having to also invest in new wheels is rather enticing

think i may ring them & ask for the template thingy which you cut out & put inside your wheel to confirm they will fit

Totally agree, 312s and braided hoses is as much braking as a Corrado needs

i dont believe 312's will fit under a 15" speedline though will they?