Graphite

Troy Tempest @ JMR Corrado Hillclimber.

The cage has now been fabricated and tacked into position, still waiting for the seat and fuel cell to progress further. 178dc83ac2cc7128137312b11018f6d3.jpg

1eb81a2bd7863fb51faacfbe9a2aa4ab.jpg

e1d346f2a5f8aa1e77bd76f68a8b99c1.jpg

13d17bf3baae8e35933a69663abb3e87.jpg

eef3b7eeca15e27e210d72aa46e565e8.jpg

43beb0d35c6126c6290363ef4e165e75.jpg

Looks like a VW Delorean in the first picture. Make a great time machine. .. looks great

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Looks like a VW Delorean in the first picture. Make a great time machine. .. looks great

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Haha, it will definitely do more than 88 mph!

"The way I see it, if you're going to build a hillclimb machine, why not do it with some style?"

Which is what's said at the beginning of the thread... But there is still a missing boot floor. The conspiracy theory starts!

I will end your speculations now.

You can thank the MSA for the change in direction again!

I called them to confirm my thoughts on a regulation in the production modified class. The carbon roof skin I bought for the car is classed as part of the silhouette of the chassis. Under modified production the only parts of the silhouette you can change for composite construction are the bonnet, doors, wings and boot lid.

So if I fit the carbon roof I have to go into sports libre class (which has almost no regulations). If I am going into sports libre then the car needs to be very competitive. So I thought, well you know, why not build it how I wanted to.

Very interesting! One thing I'd love to do is go rwd, 4wd has been in the back of my mind but rwd is much more fun.

Are you keeping that a secret/currently planning/plan to develop something? When I spoke to you at festival I got rhe impression the jmr diff requires the front to be driven for the rear to follow?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's the four wheel drive application we've been developing you're referring to there.

I've wanted to build the car as RWD for a while now, I think it will make for a very interesting and well driving car.

Originally you spoke of using IIRC a Ford gearbox,but have you thought of using an RX8 box,very cheap,5&6speed available,bell housing adaptors are plentiful,my mate made his own for a Zetec !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea, I had wondered if you were going to try look at doing a jmr rwd setup or just using something from another car.

The ones I've seen use a bmw e30 rear end if I recall correctly. Will definitely be interested in how it handles, I'd read somewhere a guy over in America had sold his because it was lethal being such a short wheelbase but I reckon with the right setup it would be even more go-kart like

Because of the nature of the build I'm going to be making tubular subframes for the front and back.

I have seen the ones based off of BMW axles but I'm not sure how well they were set up.

The car is going to have a pretty serious aerodynamic package to help keep it stuck to the ground.

What engine was being used in the American guys car and where did he fit it. If there's too much weight in front of the front axle line then the handling will be greatly affected.

Has there been any updates on this?

Progress has stopped due to a change in career direction (I'm no longer working with john at JMR). I'm actually collecting the car from the south coast on Wednesday to bring it back to my parents place in the north.

Having started a new job in a very different sector of the motor industry, (Gardner Douglas Sports Cars - replica AC Cobras), I'm going to be very busy settling in and therefore not likely to make much progress in the coming months.

Fiddling about with roaring v8s everyday can't be to shabby, hope all goes well with the change.

Can't wait for the next progress update, i have really enjoyed reading this thread so far.

Well, congratulations on the career change! I'm sure you'll be a big loss @ JMR.

Thanks for the kind words guys. John and I parted on good terms and I do miss JMR. Playing with cobras and Lola T70 replicas isn't bad at all though!