robrado974

VR6 engine , what's it worth .

Weighing up pro's and cons .

I've no idea how much one will go for ? .

It's got 152k on it , chains and tensioners replaced with proof and has a pack A head that's only done 50k . No smoke , I'm not one for pushing a car too hard but if I do give it the beans she really shifts .

Maybe £500 at a guess Rob. I bought a low mileage AAA engine and gearbox a couple of years back for £100, though the ABV is probably more desirable and would have increased in value now anyway. Coupled with the head work, and if you could photocopy or present receipts/evidence it may help. Why you selling it anyway, what have you got that we don't know about!? :norty:

I have all the paper work Sean . Once again I'm facing a dilemma. I could really do with the cash right now. I'm trying to start another business to add on to the plastering. Because of the few rust scabs that will only get worse I won't get what i want for the car , it's worth more in bits . At the moment I just feel like it's rotting on the drive . I know I will never be able to afford another if I sold it , that's what is holding me back at the moment.

What!

After all you've just done to the underside too!

I understand though mate. Its for the right reasons I suppose, and its not like you've only had it a short while. You've seen many come and go, and plenty to return as well...........

An obvious dilemma as you say mate, and one I'm sure you won't make lightly. Aside from the few slight rust scabs, its an excellent car mate, and I'm sure would demand a decent price should you sell it complete.

Thanks for the nice comment mate . The front underside is still incomplete, I can't do it as I'm far to busy , that doesn't help , seeing it sat on stands looking sorry for itself.

If you need a hand with any of it mate just give me a shout. I'm free most weekends after next w.end. :thumbleft:

Don't do it rob... you've worked so hard on it. If I lived nearer I would help you finish it. I spend most of my life twiddling my thumbs :)

Edited by delfinis38

Rob yours is really a beautiful car. Would be a shame to break it.

I know Hasan , the same thoughts rear their ugly head every few months. I would miss it so much .The rust really worries me , right at the top of the screen , I spent good money having the car painted, new pillars etc . I know it was six years ago , but it seems like a waste now .

Edited by robrado974

Don't do it rob... you've worked so hard on it. If I lived nearer I would help you finish it. I spend most of my life twiddling my thumbs :)

I have a spare room , the bed is comfortable lol !

If you're so short of time you cant rebuild your car atm then how are you going to find the time to strip and package up all the parts if you break it? Packaging and booking couriers etc takes up quite a lot of time on top of the actual time it takes to remove items.

Again if you're short on time where do you find the time for a new venture?

Both T4s and Corrados are going up in value at the moment so if you offset that against the running costs you're sitting pretty on both of those atm?

Be careful you don't make yourself ill, you need something to help you switch off from life pressures and a hobby helps to do that.

If you're so short of time you cant rebuild your car atm then how are you going to find the time to strip and package up all the parts if you break it? Packaging and booking couriers etc takes up quite a lot of time on top of the actual time it takes to remove items.

Again if you're short on time where do you find the time for a new venture?

Both T4s and Corrados are going up in value at the moment so if you offset that against the running costs you're sitting pretty on both of those atm?

Be careful you don't make yourself ill, you need something to help you switch off from life pressures and a hobby helps to do that.

I know it takes time to strip a car . The new venture isn't another car it's to do with work . I've got rid of my credit cards , so I don't want to put money back on them to fund a new venture .your right about stress it's a nightmare.

Do Tim and fuzz do car sos these days ?

How nice would that be !. Trouble is they would have to put something in its place , otherwise I would know .

I know it takes time to strip a car . The new venture isn't another car it's to do with work . I've got rid of my credit cards , so I don't want to put money back on them to fund a new venture .your right about stress it's a nightmare.

Earlier this year I took out a £9K loan to buy her a Scirocco (strangely I wouldn't have a loan to buy myself a car.....). Its £200.60 per month over 48 months with Nationwide (with existing customer rewards etc).

Over 4 years I expect my Corrado(s) to increase in value more than the interest charges (£628 and Sciroccos are currently holding there money well too), I would never have a balance on a credit card.

Good luck with the venture whatever you decide:)

What needs doing and is it just labour you need?

How about waiting until the spring is here. Organize a weekend 3-4 people are free. I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteers to help out.

What needs doing and is it just labour you need?

How about waiting until the spring is here. Organize a weekend 3-4 people are free. I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteers to help out.

Yeah that's an idea . I really must start taking time out to do something the things I want .

I'm in for a trip down south if you need a hand after Christmas? Great suggestion to get a few together and sort it in a weekend.

Haha if only mate I have contemplated just this but wouldnt pat the mortgage unfortunately as not enough rados around!!!

As echoed above rob dont break it mate. Hang fire as seems plenty of folks happy to help just a shame I couldnt get much further away!!!

Thanks Mic , I will post it up on the forum . Thank you .

Rob,

More than happy to donate a Sat or Sunday in the spring.

Make sure you know what jobs you want to complete and the tools people need to bring....and good tea / coffee always helps.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by marks2