Geeba

Rescued White VR!

Your cracking on with this project.... not sure about your hour lunch break though the amount your achieving :)

lol - yep maybe the odd sneaky "work from home extra half hour" here and there ;)

thanks

it is the sliding part i am unsure of - ive seen how it kind of pushes up & back or something

i hope the backing card stuff makes it through a bath ok m8!

for the roof you could maybe try something similar to what i am going to use to reline the doors - https://www.silentcoat.co.uk/collections/silent-coat/products/silent-coat-2mm-mat-door-pack

not sure about the 3kg per sq/m though

It slides into a trim on the front by the screen, but other than that really easy. I was expecting it to be delaminated or like the bonnet and cable foam that disintegrates when you touch it, but it appears to be made of tougher stuff... it’s not blown ether where it got wet... I just gave it another wash down and a rinse and it looks much better.. I literarlly went over it with a tooth brush!.. smells fresh too! :)

Yeah I have some silent coat which I intend to cover the tunnel and maybe some of the bulkhead with, I'm thinking possibly 2mm lightweight closed cell foam for the roof area... or maybe just a couple of silent coat mats to take the drum out of the panel.... I dont want to go overboard as like you say its a bit on the heavy side.

It's always nice and rare to have some success with the corrado. Preventative maintenance is always good on parts no longer available. I'm glad it works for you.

Sounds wrong but get the correct lube off ebay. Less than a tenner against over 30 pounds at the dealers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's always nice and rare to have some success with the corrado. Preventative maintenance is always good on parts no longer available. I'm glad it works for you.

Sounds wrong but get the correct lube off ebay. Less than a tenner against over 30 pounds at the dealers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ahh I was going to use grease? - didn't know there was sun-roof lube? dont suppose you know the name do you?

Looks good GF!

I'm tempted on a can of this too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIQUI-MOLY-Silicon-Spray-300ML-Oil-Grease-Free-Lubricant-LM3310-/182249240529?hash=item2a6ee6b7d1:g:~V8AAOSwMtxXtYHd

I can remember using years ago when I worked in a body shop for lubing windows and sunroofs - so could be a good addition as well ;)

Still can't find the thread on the eBay car matts.... can anyone remember it?

I'll let you know when they arrive if theyre any good ;)

tidy, thanks

i might treat the valver to a set if they are :)

This turned up today courtesy of Lillfuzzer! - thats the lunch break sorted! if it doesn't rain.... :(

Thanks again Lillfuzzer - really appreciate your help ;)

This turned up today courtesy of Lillfuzzer! - thats the lunch break sorted! if it doesn't rain.... :(

Thanks again Lillfuzzer - really appreciate your help ;)

Make sure the battery to engine / body earth lead is clean, secure etc as a poor earth lead can blow an ecu as heavy current tries to pass through it instead of the earth cable

Fingers crossed for you

Cheers Dox, I've had the body earth strap off and its been cleaned and put back together with serrated/cutting washers, I did look at the engine earth and it seemed pretty secure and a bit of a pig to get to... would you think it needs removing and cleaning too? - I did the possitive feed to the starter too, thats clean.

With a removed or broken the engine earth and most sensors are earthed to the block, the heavy cranking current will try and back feed through the ecu to the battery, electronics cant carry this amount of current and blow - the injector side can blow and the injectors stay open filling the cylinders with fuel or possibly not opening at all?. You could fit a second strap as a permanent or temporary solution?

Hope it solves it too... can't here a roar yet :)

Unfortunately it looks like the roar is off for today... as expected the rain waited for my lunch break, why did I leave Australia FFS! so a grazed knuckle later I have the earth strap off and cleaned up with 180 grit wet and dry paper, hopefully it will brighten up later today....

Australia seems a good bet at the moment with all the building and traffic in the village.

Indeed... Aylesbury Vale Council is doing their upmost to wreck the village the same way they have Aylesbury.... Thame road is just a Grid lock, I'm glad I don't have to face it in the mornings.

Indeed... Aylesbury Vale Council is doing their upmost to wreck the village the same way they have Aylesbury.... Thame road is just a Grid lock, I'm glad I don't have to face it in the mornings.

Just waiting for the yellow lines to be put down at the station... and all the cars moving further into the village.... station road will be full of commuter cars. Been here 35 years and watched it change big time. Rant over... hope you get your car sorted.

Just waiting for the yellow lines to be put down at the station... and all the cars moving further into the village.... station road will be full of commuter cars. Been here 35 years and watched it change big time. Rant over... hope you get your car sorted.

Yep my Mum lives just off Thame road and the cars are already parked at the top of her road, yep been here a few years myself and its definitely changed for the worse, less pubs, less amenities, more houses, Red Lion converted into a house and TWO houses put in the garden! you could shake hands with your nighbour without leaving the house! Council are a bunch of crooks!

I think the weather has put pay to the car for the day :(