delfinis38

Edd china leaving wheeler dealers

Maybe old news that I've picked up on.

https://press.discovery.com/us/vel/press-releases/2017/velocity-announces-ant-anstead-will-join-mike-4024/

Nice summary here.

Edd China is to leave the hit TV programme Wheeler Dealers after admitting that he can’t understand a single word Mike Brewer says.

‘For 14 years Edd hasn’t followed anything that’s come out of Mike’s mouth,’ said a source close to the 7’8” gloves wearer. ‘He’s basically spent the last 13 series’ just smiling and nodding, and then fitting some new wheels and hoping that’s okay.’

‘Edd tried his best to understand what Mike was on about, but he was never sure if it was some kind of East London patois or if he’d had a stroke,’ another friend of the 9’10” standing-underneath-cars fan revealed. ‘In most cases he’d just say “absolutely” and then de-cloud the headlights and hope that was alright.’

‘Edd is looking forward to moving on to new projects involving his three passions,’ revealed a producer who worked with the 11’4” too-many-consonants enthusiast. ‘Which is to say, cars, engineering, and being able to have conversations in which he’s not just saying “uh-huh, uh-huh” and hoping the other person goes away soon.’

China has publically wished his replacement, Ant Anstead, the best of luck whilst privately he has emailed him details of a Linguaphone course for Cock-er-nee along with a note reading, ‘This probably won’t work so just give a thumbs up and bury your head in the engine bay until he’s gone’.

Wheeler Dealers will continue on the Velocity Channel who bought the format for an unusually low price, re-built the cylinder heads, had it re-sprayed and sold it for a profit margin that didn’t really seem to account for all the work put into it.

Edited by delfinis38

Saw it yesterday, fair play to him too, from what he said they were gonna cut his fixes out so he's not having it :)

It's a shame but he's obviously done it for the right reasons. Ant ansted is a decent replacement though and it'll probably be in a similar format to the love of cars. More of an entertainment programme than an informative one which was the idea at the outset. Good luck to both of them though!

Perhaps he is joining forces with Aaron from Fast and Loud :)

I wondered what was going on with him too Daren. Think he'll be back soon though and was just on a bit of time off.

I admire his convictions and it sounds like whilst he could have stayed on and just cashed the cheques, he felt it was going against what he wanted to promote in the series. Credit to him for not just taking the money.

I hope he goes on to feature in something new and equally (more?!) techie than Wheeler Dealers. There's plenty of petrolheads out there eager for that kind of content!

Too many of these shows stray from what it's all about and branch out to other things . Obviously that's why Aaron left too . I did laugh when the new series of car sos started, when they said we are now in sunny California, no not really we are still here in England doing what we do .

I wondered what was going on with him too Daren. Think he'll be back soon though and was just on a bit of time off.

not according to the episode i watched last night - gone & no notice period

i wonder if it was 'entertainment value' that he quit & walked out on the day he returned off his holidays - i couldnt tell if richard was genuinely shocked or acting

not according to the episode i watched last night - gone & no notice period

i wonder if it was 'entertainment value' that he quit & walked out on the day he returned off his holidays - i couldnt tell if richard was genuinely shocked or acting

Yep Aaron has gone for good... its on the GMG website too, we're a few months behind... he left in December

http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/yes-aaron-the-bearded-wonder-is-leaving-gas-monkey-garage/

Aaron's building a car for the upcoming streetoutlaws versus gas monkey,

I was watching it the other night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron's building a car for the upcoming streetoutlaws versus gas monkey,

I was watching it the other night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me too

i found it kind of funny & ironic that he left & then the 1st car he builds is being featured on F&L

i was expecting an offspring series of his own

Well bugger me!

I'm away so haven't seen this weeks episode.

Shame really as Aaron was the one I really watched the series for. Richard is just like Brewer and gets annoying quite fast, and none of the others bring much to the show imo.

Tweet from Paul Brackley (who was Edd's helper on Wheeler Dealers for years and years) - someone asked if he was surprised to hear Edd had left Wheeler Dealers, replied:

"It was only a mater of time!!not surprised at all."

So maybe things have been a little rocky for a while.

Well bugger me!

I'm away so haven't seen this weeks episode.

Shame really as Aaron was the one I really watched the series for. Richard is just like Brewer and gets annoying quite fast, and none of the others bring much to the show imo.

i agree m8

i used to like the crazy redneck guy who ended up leaving & then starting their own thing in the old GM garage

it will be interesting to see if they can come up with builds like aaron could

Haha, yeah Fired up garage, he's still there with his crazy eyes! lol.

thats the guy - what dancing too lol

he brought some proper entertainment to GMG!

Maybe old news that I've picked up on.

https://press.discovery.com/us/vel/press-releases/2017/velocity-announces-ant-anstead-will-join-mike-4024/

Nice summary here.

Edd China is to leave the hit TV programme Wheeler Dealers after admitting that he can’t understand a single word Mike Brewer says.

‘For 14 years Edd hasn’t followed anything that’s come out of Mike’s mouth,’ said a source close to the 7’8” gloves wearer. ‘He’s basically spent the last 13 series’ just smiling and nodding, and then fitting some new wheels and hoping that’s okay.’

‘Edd tried his best to understand what Mike was on about, but he was never sure if it was some kind of East London patois or if he’d had a stroke,’ another friend of the 9’10” standing-underneath-cars fan revealed. ‘In most cases he’d just say “absolutely” and then de-cloud the headlights and hope that was alright.’

‘Edd is looking forward to moving on to new projects involving his three passions,’ revealed a producer who worked with the 11’4” too-many-consonants enthusiast. ‘Which is to say, cars, engineering, and being able to have conversations in which he’s not just saying “uh-huh, uh-huh” and hoping the other person goes away soon.’

China has publically wished his replacement, Ant Anstead, the best of luck whilst privately he has emailed him details of a Linguaphone course for Cock-er-nee along with a note reading, ‘This probably won’t work so just give a thumbs up and bury your head in the engine bay until he’s gone’.

Wheeler Dealers will continue on the Velocity Channel who bought the format for an unusually low price, re-built the cylinder heads, had it re-sprayed and sold it for a profit margin that didn’t really seem to account for all the work put into it.

:)

Are you sure this isn't an article from The Daily Mash??

:)

Are you sure this isn't an article from The Daily Mash??

I must say, most of what is stated seem like a joke to me, but one thing for sure Ed's is leaving or has left......

It's from Sniff Petrol. So yeah, it's a joke :)

lol Funny

I had a friend who liked to sniff that stuff and lets say he was a little crazy in the head :S.