JD Westy

2000 miles in 14 Months time to sell?

So I surprised myself how little i have used the VR this past 14 months , its no longer my daily as I get a work use vehicle , I had a Lupo handed back to me by my eldest daughter so the Mrs uses that on the shopping trips and the mundane so the VR mostly stays on the drive awaiting what exactly ? My big passion is my Split Screen Bus so my time off is spent with this on camping trips and a couple of shows a year , so again the VR sits waiting .... I have recently just had some bodywork atended to on the VR had the Speedlines restored and fitted KW coilovers and the car puts a smile on my face when I look at it and more importantly use it.

The only trip of note this year was out to Abersoch for a weekend and a subsequent cruise round North Wales its these type of trips it is wonderfully suited to but once a year such a shame .

My quandrey is do I move the car on and sink the money into something that will see more use and in the case of what I want appreciate in value more than a Corrado will ? I am hankering after a karmann Ghia and like most air cooled VW values continue to rise and as when I bought the bus it was a now or never because a VW bus would be out of my reach now if I hadn,t jumped in 16 years ago , Early Karmann Ghias are going the same way , decent projects now commanding 5 figures. But I do love my Corrado it just doesn,t fit in to what I do at present..... but it,s the only car I own that will crunch lots of miles very quickly and importantly in style !

The car lives outside which is another issue the bus is in the garage , I have just taken delivery of a car cover for the winter , because use of the Corrado is even more sporadic at this time of year, and really only involves start up and warm over and if roads are dry a drive of around 5 miles or so cruise out .

It just seems a real shame to have such a cracking motor basically doing nothing and going nowhere....

Hah, mine has averaged less than that for the last ten years, just up to you. Do you need the thrills/kudos/good times more than you need a few grand in your pocket? If so keep it.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Show off... I've done approx 1.5 miles in two years, to the mot station. And it still makes me feel good when I open the garage. Wish it was roadworthy tho! One day.

Too many people comment about wishing they hadn't sold theirs and how much more they had to pay to replace it years later. ...for one not in as good condition.

Although I did have a mk1 Golf GTi and loved it, but upgrading to something different is always good.

Good luck with your decision

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bought a SpoonFedTuning front lip over Christmas and been out for a Spin today , give it some beans at one point and actually passed another Corrado for the first time since I bought it over 4 years ago massively made my day , it’s one of the best cars I,ve owned , I just don’t like it being stood for weeks on end but that’s up to me to put the miles on it !

Just MOT'd my VR today, only covered 1800 miles this year. No intention of selling it,at least until the project Corrado is on the road.

I covered just over 1200 miles between MOT's in the G60. I've taken the decision to part company in 2018.

I’ve got 2 VR’s plus one parts Car, none have turned a wheel in years and I’m not thinking about selling as I’d only regret it down the line. Both will live again and I can’t wait :)

Same boat as many of you, mine's been shut in the garage sans engine since 2009, life gets in the way..

No way I'll ever sell up.

Owned my first VR just over a year now... 0 (zero) miles... never driven it.. currently in the garage in a million bits. Got the head torqued down yesterday thou :D

144 miles today so making headway into last years total , went up to the Ponderosa Cafe on the Horseshoe Pass in North Wales , more weekend wandering to come , the plus side of it not being my daily anymore is I appreciate the engine note and performance as after months on end driving a diesel fiesta ( I.e . Dull ) I get in the Corrado and even in normal driving it feels fast , whereas as a daily you get used to it .

Seem's that we're all the same , My own has done about 1000 in the last year and that was making myself bring it out to a couple of shows... And one day with the family shopping :o So hard to find a quiet corner in the car park :). Would find it hard to sell it though.

0 miles in the past 13 years, just placed in the garage hoping to get it running some time soon. Have considered selling many times but found it hard to do so.