delfinis38

Body work wax after a polish

Looking very nice Rob 8)

Thanks Darren , how’s yours looking these days ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Chris,

Probably on lasts about 4 weeks because its a soft wax but the advantage imo is that you get a deep wet look your paintwork.

Inbetween washes I top it up with Dodo Juice Red Tropical mist spray which keeps it looking good longer.

045f721190b5c989f3c9fa9427889aa4.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Thanks Darren , how’s yours looking these days ?

Barely looked at it over winter, though it is still there !

Got a few little jobs planned soon, ready for Stanford Hall :)

Barely looked at it over winter, though it is still there !

Got a few little jobs planned soon, ready for Stanford Hall :)

Having just spent 3k on the body mine is nearly ready , first show will be killerton house . Would be nice to see you and the car again

Hi Chris,

Probably on lasts about 4 weeks because its a soft wax but the advantage imo is that you get a deep wet look your paintwork.

Inbetween washes I top it up with Dodo Juice Red Tropical mist spray which keeps it looking good longer.

Have you tried the blue velvet which is a hard wax for dark colours ? How long should a hard wax last ?

No, haven't tried it so can't comment. I do use Dodo Supernatural Hybrid on the wife's car and that's still beading water after 3 months.

Gives me more time to pamper the VR.

Hi Chris,

I used to use the red mist but never liked the tropical version. It always seemed to leave a stain.

What’s everyone’s opinion on polishes and waxes ?, are they really all they are cracked up to be ?. What I’m trying to get at , is in my day turtle wax was king , then along came Mer etc . Christ I remember using Mer on my MK 1 Zodiac

Having just spent 3k on the body mine is nearly ready , first show will be killerton house . Would be nice to see you and the car again

It would be good to meet up again Rob, I can’t do Killerton though

Delfinis38, I use the Dodo Blue Velvet and it’s very good imo 👍

What’s everyone’s opinion on polishes and waxes ?, are they really all they are cracked up to be ?. What I’m trying to get at , is in my day turtle wax was king , then along came Mer etc . Christ I remember using Mer on my MK 1 Zodiac

I have always found Meguiars products to give good results and good value, though my favourite product lately is Auto Finnesse Glisten, addicted to it !

I have always found Meguiars products to give good results and good value, though my favourite product lately is Auto Finnesse Glisten, addicted to it !

Hopefully this weekend I will use the Fusion . According to the distructions , you have to apply one coat and leave for ten minutes, then apply another and leave it for an hour before buffing it off .

It would be good to meet up again Rob, I can’t do Killerton though

Delfinis38, I use the Dodo Blue Velvet and it’s very good imo ��

Thanks harrier.. how long does the blue velvet or blue velvet pro last... im torn between this product and the dodo juice supernatural hybrid which is a general wax and sealer for general cars last 4 - 6 months... im not into to waxing a car too often...

Do you use the lime primer before or put the wax on top of the polished surface.

Edited by delfinis38

Hopefully this weekend I will use the Fusion . According to the distructions , you have to apply one coat and leave for ten minutes, then apply another and leave it for an hour before buffing it off .

Your cars looking awsome

My favourite for look is Chemical Guys Petes 53 paste wax. The wet look is incredible, but it doesn't last all that long.

For longevity, I use Collinite 476s, or Bilt Hamber Double speed wax. Both look great and last too.

Thanks harrier.. how long does the blue velvet or blue velvet pro last... im torn between this product and the dodo juice supernatural hybrid which is a general wax and sealer for general cars last 4 - 6 months... im not into to waxing a car too often...

Do you use the lime primer before or put the wax on top of the polished surface.

Haven’t tried the lime primer

The wax’s longevity i imagine is really dependant on how much use the car gets, how often it’s washed and if the car lives outside, therefore you will be fine with whatever you choose I’m sure

Rob You should be on the second coat of wax by now :)

Just waiting for it to start raining, it’s forecast all day here . Tomorrow gives sunny and cloudy , so I should be doing it . The autoglym seems to take out the marks that the cover has left behind. It’s a bummer really , the body shop brought the paint up nicely after the work too , but with the foul weather I couldn’t just leave it sat on the drive . I’d sell an leg for a garage

It never rains in the micro climate of Torbay !

If only that were true

Looking forward to putting the Fusion hybrid wax on mine . Nice looking car kaiser , great colour.

4825b71d2958ccddf7e448f6c8c35090.jpg

looking absolutely beautiful there Rob!

looking absolutely beautiful there Rob!

Thanks Hasan . How’s yours coming along ?.

well its not a patch on yours, but i'm v slowly working my way to improvement. Trying to get the mechanicals sorted first (the schrick for sale is one of the things i'm hoping to get if possible) then engine mounts, fans, service, more noiseproofing, some alcantara trimming etc...