ben_wooduk

Recaro Black Leather

There's been two sets on farcebook this week,1st was with doorcards,sold in 2hrs for 2k,

I believe this is the 2nd set,was up for 1.5k

There's been two sets on farcebook this week,1st was with doorcards,sold in 2hrs for 2k,

I believe this is the 2nd set,was up for 1.5k

I think I really need to consider joining Facebook......

Apparently, it's raining recaros, not sure if these are any different though

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113238191454

This set doesn’t have recaro embossed on the back rest, does this mean they’re not recaros?

Also, what is the difference between “genuine” recaros and the standard leather seats in a Corrado? Can’t see that they could be more comfy, just more expensive?

Im not totally sure myself tbh, I've never actually sat in a recaro seat. I know the Recaro's are electric adjustment, other than that I thought it was just bragging rights :lol:

I am looking for a set of recaros for my corrado but have to say I have a Passat b5.5 and got recaros out a w8 and they are no where near as comfy as the standard Passat seats and I have heard it’s the same with the corrado recaros too.

Im not totally sure myself tbh, I've never actually sat in a recaro seat. I know the Recaro's are electric adjustment, other than that I thought it was just bragging rights :lol:

I’ve always thought the same - only recaros I’ve sat in were a mk2 Golf and didn’t think they were anything special. My old TT had great seats but again not recaro, and the standard black leathers in my corrado are superb. Mind you, it’s still not cheap or easy to find decent standard leathers for a corrado!!

This set doesn’t have recaro embossed on the back rest, does this mean they’re not recaros?

Also, what is the difference between “genuine” recaros and the standard leather seats in a Corrado? Can’t see that they could be more comfy, just more expensive?

They do have Recaro embossed, it does lose some definition over the years but it’s certainly still there on these if you look close.

As for what’s the difference, other than the rarity factor of course. They’re slimmer on the shoulders which makes the car ‘feel’ a bit roomier. They’re more supportive, I always felt uncomfortable on long run before having them due to lack of lumber support, and that’s from 100+ thousand Corrado miles, not a couple of thousand! They’re electrically adjustable, although that’s mainly a feature to add weight to the car (and they’re certainly heavy), between myself an my wife we move the seat forwards and backwards but all the way down is a default position in a Corrado so is never changed and the recline button is rarely pressed other than to check it still works. The say Recaro on them!

It took me a couple of years to find mine in grey, I think I then paid around £600 to buy them but they were worth all of that in my opinion. I’ll be interested to see what these go for as it’s been a while since I’ve seen a pair with such a low starting price.

I stand corrected!!! Couldn’t see the logo at first. Still not convinced today’s prices are justified, obviously £600 for yours is more like it.

I stand corrected!!! Couldn’t see the logo at first. Still not convinced today’s prices are justified, obviously £600 for yours is more like it.

That was ten years ago though, I wouldn’t expect to get a pair for that now!

So..... It didn't sell. Quite surprised!

I didn’t bid as they don’t have door cards, loom or heated seat loom and switches and they are damaged and would need repair retrimming but think I have found some now anyway :)

Ross

You thinking £1000 tho or £2000

As crazy as it sounds, a good set with all the door cards and electrics in working order has to be 2K as a starter. A lot of people prefer cloth anyway, particularly in a hot summer in a car with no a/c. A good interior has always commanded strong money, and nothing is getting cheaper.

Don't suggest that sort of money or I may just sell mine. I even had genuine heated seat elements fitted last year !!

Recaro's are definitely comfier than standard as they feel more supportive. I suppose leather or cloth is Marmite for people

The problem with that cloth interior for me, if I'm paying 2k I want it presented immaculately, I want 25 quality pictures to show how well it's been looked after, I don't think I get that here (as nice as it is!!!!)