ChrisL

Modern Wheels or Classic Steals

New series on Dave, Monday at 8pm and 8.30pm. Looks like the 8.30pm show has a corrado on it from the sky advert.

I think we're in luck :dance:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95088[/ATTACH]

Not sure how the Rado comparison will sit with a Mustang and Elise though?? :shrug:

Should be interesting and worth watching - not sure it's a fair comparison though - the Mustang will beat the C on raw power, while the Lotus will on handling. Ah well.....maybe he'll have a soft spot for classic VWs.

Did anyone watch this tonight ?

I thought it was junk, the presenters had nothing interesting to say about any of the cars and the the values seemed way off ??

Rebecca is very pleasant though :)

The Corrado looked a really nice example in Candy White and they said some nice things about it though it lost against the Lotus :(

No I missed tonight's episode but will watch it on catch up.

I've seen both the 1st & 2nd episodes though.

The 1st episode the woman had a choice of a Porsche = £15000,

a Honda 2000 £12500,

and finally a bright yellow Austin Healey Sprite £19995

Yes and I thought she would choose the Porsche or maybe the Honda, but no she chose the bright yellow price tag of £19995 :shocked!:

The second episode a guy had the choice of a Lotus Elise,

VW Corrado VR6,

and a Superlight R300.

I can't remember the prices of the top of my head.

He said he wanted something sporty,

that could be used at the weekend,

I really thought he might of gone for the Corrado, but no he had the Lotus :shrug:

Si

Edited by vw rule

It wasn't a great show... nice VR... same colour as mine.. Alpine White.

Yeah I was wondering why he went for the Lotus... he even said his son liked classic VWs and he was buying to spend time with him... instead he went for the upside down fish pond.

Still I expect he just wanted to drive around a bit more with the bit of totty!

It was alright, nice to see a Corrado on TV. Almost the same as mine except it's Alpine and not Candy white. Didn't get much noise!

Interestingly that's the Corrado that's been on sales at Fast Classics for ages http://www.fast-classics.com/cars/vw-corrado-vr6-3-for-sale/

At least they're making some money out of it.

Suspected as much - thought I'd seen that car somewhere before - maybe he didn't buy it because it was overpriced?

Suspected as much - thought I'd seen that car somewhere before - maybe he didn't buy it because it was overpriced?

haha yes it probably is overpriced! I wonder if they'll ever be worth stronger money. Makes spending £xxxx on bodywork repairs more paletable.

The show wasn't much cop. Low budget and poorly edited, but not a bad concept and he seemed genuinely impressed with the Corrado.

Hard to beat an Elise if you're after a fun (if impractical) weekend car though.

Car looked very tidy and standard with low mileage, but being white with cloth interior I can't see it ever selling for that price.