i had one of those back in the year 2000 - cost me a bloody fortune it was just at the age where everything goes wrong and because everything was unique to the car its ££££. The original exhaust centre box was £1000. I sold it for buttons at the time and now regret it.

i had one of those back in the year 2000 - cost me a bloody fortune it was just at the age where everything goes wrong and because everything was unique to the car its ££££. The original exhaust centre box was £1000. I sold it for buttons at the time and now regret it.

I think the seller might of had to spend a amall fortune on it as they say on advert "relationship has runs it's course", the car is divorcing him ha!!

It was one to keep Ger, is your old Rallye still on the road / in the UK ?

Edited by Keyo

i did the cardinal sin and traded it for a mk3 gti 8 valve (don't laugh please)

at the time it was bleeding me dry and looking back i actually carried out 90% of the faults before i sold it!

The last i heard was it was traded to another trader south of the border here in ireland

i did the cardinal sin and traded it for a mk3 gti 8 valve (don't laugh please)

at the time it was bleeding me dry and looking back i actually carried out 90% of the faults before i sold it!

The last i heard was it was traded to another trader south of the border here in ireland

Some car.

What colour/year was yours - I know of a few down south here and might be able to get a lead on it if it is still alive?

Pretty cool. Although I don’t think black (or any very dark colour) does it any favours, kinda hides the flared wings too much.

G834 YNF

Not taxed since 98, no Mot records held either

Once it crossed down south it might of been converted to a Republic of Ireland Registration therefore no longer part of the UK MOT scheme . It’s also possible that it has been shipped over to Europe or even sitting in a farmers barn collecting dust . Somehow you would need to know the current registration plate. Or if someone knows a owner of a red rallye in Ireland bound to be only a couple at most .

Amazingly most of the Rallye panels are still available, also with the negative of left hand drive I think if you really wanted one you could do well to get a RHD shell and pop a R32 engine in and purcahse the body panels. maybe get away with more 12 k but the selling on value might not be great and also minus four wheel drive of course.

Edited by Keyo

The car I know about in the south is a red January 1990 Rallye, from Smith, Knight and Fay in Stockport and last had a reg of "G60 HOT" before it made its way to Ireland.

I'm hoping it isn't sold so I can go drool over it this weekend

I dealt it well sell quickly as his asking a lot with the high mileage, the aficionado collectors are not going to pay top money with that sort of mileage . Even though it could be in better condition then a low mileage one silly really.

Does your contact Fen know of any other red Rallye in Ireland ? I had a Northern Ireland registration on that came on a 911 996 . It was pretty cool it came with SEZ 996S. Sold it on with car.

Edited by Keyo

The paint shop I use has two of these in for full restoration. And another two in different stages of resto .

I have a red Rallye here in Dublin but not the reg you are looking for.

I have mine around 6/7 years now and as Fender mentioned it did run under the reg of G60 HOT for a while when in UK.

It’s a rare SE model (1 of approx 63) sold new off UK forecourt as opposed to European import.

Nice car Mike thanks for sharing. What additional extras did the SE come with, also was there any other versions of the Rallye. Did they ever make a right hooker on special request.

Cheers.