Keyo

What 80's - 90s cars for sale have caught your eye recently.

I sometimes have a leftfield taste in cars, aside from a lot VW's, Audi's and Merc's mentioned from the era I also like:

Vauxhall Carlton (Dad had a couple and always liked that era of Vauxhall's headlight design, dislike modern 1990s+ Vauxhalls tho)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Carlton-2-0-CDI-Automatic-Estate-992-Only-64500-Miles/223497640840?hash=item34097f5b88:g:EgIAAOSwF1hcxdE~

or the Senator

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-1992-vauxhall-senator-cd-3l-24v-history-99p-no-reserve/202661784918?hash=item2f2f956d56:g:PB0AAOSwj4hcwZ7u

BMW E34 and E30 (like the E39's too - Dad had a 530d and 525i "individual")

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-525i-SE-E34-1995-Auto-great-condition/163642923970?hash=item2619e0dbc2:g:-LIAAOSw619crafn

I watch HubNut on youtube for reviews of "rubbish" old cars. Oddly these cars are more interesting than the sea of PCP/leased modern cars around today.

Do like an E30 318IS with the check interior ! Had a NOVA SR 1.3 in the late 80s that was a fun car and I think they sell for a pretty penny now alongside the Renault GT 5 Turbo. Vauxhall made some pretty iconic cars back then. I'm amazed they are still manufacturing to be honest with the likes of Saab going bump.

Jim, your 5 series looks like a good buy, been looking at 330 E46's. But a 5 series seems like its a similar price!

If you have the space in the drive / garage, the 5 series is by far the superior car.. and engines etc are all the same anyway so there's no real difference in parts and maintenance costs. Happy to impart any knowledge I've got about the 5's if it's a route you decide to go down! I can't claim to be an expert but I've learned a few bits and pieces over a couple of years of ownership.

I sometimes have a leftfield taste in cars, aside from a lot VW's, Audi's and Merc's mentioned from the era I also like:

Vauxhall Carlton (Dad had a couple and always liked that era of Vauxhall's headlight design, dislike modern 1990s+ Vauxhalls tho)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Carlton-2-0-CDI-Automatic-Estate-992-Only-64500-Miles/223497640840?hash=item34097f5b88:g:EgIAAOSwF1hcxdE~

or the Senator

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-1992-vauxhall-senator-cd-3l-24v-history-99p-no-reserve/202661784918?hash=item2f2f956d56:g:PB0AAOSwj4hcwZ7u

I watch HubNut on youtube for reviews of "rubbish" old cars. Oddly these cars are more interesting than the sea of PCP/leased modern cars around today.

Plus one for all these! Hub nuts channel is great. Look at Furiousdriving as well, he does a lot of "crap" forgotten cars.

Love the senator, the grill looks amazing. It all went wrong after the 90's cavalier for me. My dad had three, horrible

Jim, cheers for the offer, all depends if I can part with the diesel lupo, which is so cheap to run.

Yes, looks clean and a great base car for whatever way you want to take it - "a rare moonroof" - lol: that just means the sunroof broke like it does on every other car, but at least a replacement has already been done.

Does look lovely! If that was a mk2 golf it would be double the price or more in that condition.

Interior looks in decent shape as well, but always hard to tell - at least it's been cleaned, unlike some!

Yes, looks clean and a great base car for whatever way you want to take it - "a rare moonroof" - lol: that just means the sunroof broke like it does on every other car, but at least a replacement has already been done.

That could be the catch of the car, you get there and there is a bmw panoramic roof glued on the top with half the roof been cut out:bonk:

Does look lovely! If that was a mk2 golf it would be double the price or more in that condition.

Exactly bargain compared to a golf and is a 2.0 , you never know you could walk away with that car for maybe 2K if the seller was desperate to sell.

The relays are for the aircon. That I do know

The relays are for the aircon. That I do know

Ahh wondered what they were for .

This looks like a very nice motor . can't remember the last time I saw one of these on the road. They built less of these then the Audi Quattro and rarer, they are going to go up very steeply in the next few year imo.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113761413990?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l5999&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI113761413990.N36.S1.R1.TR4

Edited by Keyo

I had a 325i with the same wheels and bumpers around 15 years ago. Nice car but sadly met its maker in my 21 year old hands.

Damn that's a shame, the interior doesn't even fit properly. How is that worth 3300 - a corrado in similar shape would be 1500 and only bought for the interior.

It's only about 15 miles from me.

Damn that's a shame, the interior doesn't even fit properly. How is that worth 3300 - a corrado in similar shape would be 1500 and only bought for the interior.

I'll never get the golf thing, corrado was the always the superior model car/coupe, golf is a family hatchback ffs!

Go round there and say that.s my interior where you get it from mate :camp:

Edited by Keyo

I'll never get the golf thing, corrado was the always the superior model car/coupe, golf is a family hatchback ffs!

Do have a softspot for the Mk2 16V but Corrado is No1 :thumbleft:

whereabouts are you based? I'm in Northwood.