jared_nomak

Correct Wheel Size offset BBS LM

IMHO 17 is too large for the Corrado. It's not practical to drive. Try it out before spending your hard earned cash.

Stick with 15s or 16s at most.

Agree with the above 17 are to large, they do look good the LM though. I went for set of these BBS RS771 but managed to snag a set for £300 fully refurbished. Also got the speedlines refurbished quilted up in the garage as I think they look mint to on a Rado.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-VW-BBS-RS771-RS-771-Golf-Anniversary-Mk3-Mk4-Alloy-Wheels-5-Stud-16-6-5J-ET42/303132556366?hash=item46941bbc4e:g:S1oAAOSw3v5YoQnQ&frcectupt=true

I had a brief ride in mr lobitos 24v with koni coil overs and 17s and it rode well, you’d need to look into tyre wall flexibility and a good suspension kit to make for a reasonable ride.

I’ve heard of people going to great expense to go from 17s to 16s and not feeling the benefit.

Everything would need to work together or it would soon become tiresome imo

It just depends on what you want out of the car - they will look good for photos and shows, but if you intend it as a daily or frequent driver you will suffer unless you spend a lot of money getting everything set up correctly to allow for a wheel the car was not designed for.

I just stick with 15" myself, happy with Speedlines or the BBS VR6 cross-spokes (which look a little like the LMs) I have on at the moment. VW Motorsport used to do a lovely 16" Speedlines for the Vento Cup cars, but they are very hard to come by. My only reason for ever going to 16s would be for bigger brakes.

I've got 15, 16 and 17s for mine but only driven it on Speedlines and toyos lol

17" wheels are perfectly fine, and give the best look. I've run 17s on a daily, and didn't think the ride was too harsh at all.

I've gone back to OE now, but thats just through personal choice to get the car back near standard. With LMs, it depend what width and offset they make them in. The perfect size for a Corrado is 17x7.5, ET 35 which will give you absolutely no rubbing issues at all as long as you aren't mega low. Bear in mind that the 5x100 stud pattern coupled with the width and offset may be hard to find unless you buy them new.

The tyres you'll need are 205x40 which will give a very slight stretch (almost no stretch on certain tyres depending on sidewall construction), which will keep you within the recommended rolling radius of the standard tyres (2.5% iirc), so the speedo won't be out of tolerance enough for it to be an issue. You can see my BBS RX228s from about half way through my gallery in the link in my sig, so you can get an idea about what they look like fitted.

Heres a good example;

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?79984-Seanl82-s-ringer-Storm&p=1109450&viewfull=1#post1109450

Edited by seanl82

17" wheels are perfectly fine, and give the best look. I've run 17s on a daily, and didn't think the ride was too harsh at all.

I've gone back to OE now, but thats just through personal choice to get the car back near standard. With LMs, it depend what width and offset they make them in. The perfect size for a Corrado is 17x7.5, ET 35 which will give you absolutely no rubbing issues at all as long as you aren't mega low. Bear in mind that the 5x100 stud pattern coupled with the width and offset may be hard to find unless you buy them new.

The tyres you'll need are 205x40 which will give a very slight stretch (almost no stretch on certain tyres depending on sidewall construction), which will keep you within the recommended rolling radius of the standard tyres (2.5% iirc), so the speedo won't be out of tolerance enough for it to be an issue. You can see my BBS RX228s from about half way through my gallery in the link in my sig, so you can get an idea about what they look like fitted.

Heres a good example;

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?79984-Seanl82-s-ringer-Storm&p=1109450&viewfull=1#post1109450

They do look class on a Rado Sean agreed.

At the moment I run on 17” x 7.5” et38 bbs sr, 215 40 17 Michelin pilot.

No rub and not too harsh. The 17 x 8 et30 I used to run with 215 40 17 much harder. I don’t think stretch on the sidewall does anything positive for a comfy ride. Tyres have worn well I think for the grip, I would would definitely recommend them. I don’t think I’ll run 17 x 8 again regularly, but never say never.

This argument could go on for some time... :lol:

After running 15, 16 & 17 though 16 wins for ride and looks for me.

This argument could go on for some time... :lol:

After running 15, 16 & 17 though 16 wins for ride and looks for me.

I think 16 is the sweet spot and the golf anniversary BBS split rims tick all the boxes for me personally.

Lol I’ve got to have BBS LM’s love the look of the but may keep them as my summer wheel only

Just have to find out what’s best 17x7 et35

Or 17x7.5 et44

Ross

This is the size of the stock speedlines if this helps.

6.5 x 15 and 15lbs in weight, ET 43. 5 x 100 for late models, early models have four lugs.

I actually think these are the best stock alloys made for the Rado but have 4 lugs and mine have 5.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/222855402047?chn=ps

Not sure they even do original BBS LM in 5 x 100 just nasty after market ones. Werent they primarily for a BMW which were 5 x 112.

Oh hold on these are very nice !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-BBS-LM-066-LeMans-7x17-5x100-BBS-OZ-VW-Golf-Polo-Audi-A3-Subaru/302999144016?hash=item468c280650:g:R6UAAOSwsqxcFnr-

Edited by Keyo

This is the size of the stock speedlines if this helps.

6.5 x 15 and 15lbs in weight, ET 43. 5 x 100 for late models, early models have four lugs.

I actually think these are the best stock alloys made for the Rado but have 4 lugs and mine have 5.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/222855402047?chn=ps

Not sure they even do original BBS LM in 5 x 100 just nasty after market ones. Werent they primarily for a BMW which were 5 x 112.

Oh hold on these are very nice !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-BBS-LM-066-LeMans-7x17-5x100-BBS-OZ-VW-Golf-Polo-Audi-A3-Subaru/302999144016?hash=item468c280650:g:R6UAAOSwsqxcFnr-

Yeh that’s the ones but am I best going for 17x7 et 35 or 17x7.5 et48 I think the 7.5 et 48 will rub slightly up front.

You could use 10mm spacers on et48, that’s how I got to et38 215 tyre runs well on 7.5”

You could use 10mm spacers on et48, that’s how I got to et38 215 tyre runs well on 7.5”

Was that with 17x7.5 and without rubbing?

Was that with 17x7.5 and without rubbing?

That’s right, no rubbing. Rimstyle supplied my spacers with the wheels and tyre, they may do just bolts and spacers.

Telephone: 01233 503006

Sales Enquiries: [email protected]