5 hours ago, t700bes said:

It’s a difficult one.

hapoy to hear comments, but also any area that allows free posting is subject to people posting crap in that topic as that’s the only place they can post.

I'm happy to consider anything though, but we need to be careful

What I suggest is a minimal approach system - Im not expert in IT but would this work 

Any none member(author) can post on car or parts for sale (but only the author and members of the forum can post on thread ) 

If a none member posts on the sale thread (will be the author of course) that is not related to the sale thread topic then a polite Im afraid this is for only a sale thread you can post elsewhere but will require membership  Thank You - Cant see why any existing member can't post that no need for moderation. 

Edited by Keyo

This sounds like a good idea but as others have said we need to be careful, especially if it was someone new on here selling and they're not a known previous member, we'd know nothing about them i.e how trustworthy they are ??

What about if the item/s for sale are put into different categories of there selling value, and the temporary seller/poster would be given a Forum token based on the for sale price, which a percentage would be taken for the token or how many items they have for sale, so for example:

£1 to £20 (5 item token small items + 3 separate started threads allowed) percentage taken for token = 6% ??

£1 to £50 (5 to 10 item token small items + 3 separate started threads allowed) percentage taken for token = 12% ??

£1 to £100 (multiple item token 10 plus small items + 5 separate started threads allowed) percentage taken for token = 15% ??

You could have a similar thing for larger items and when Corrado's are being broken up.

The percentage taken for token/s will contribute to the running of the Forum, plus once all their 3 or 5 allocated threads are used, they'll have to apply for another token or something ??

Payment wise for new unfamiliar none members they don't receive the funds until a consignment reference has been posted up, and once confirmed will receive funds, minus the token fee. Or the funds are paid into the Corrado Forum account like a business, and the token fee is taken that way, then payment sent to the new unfamiliar temporary seller.

Then for familiar previous members it's free to sell or 1% token fee max ??

Si 

Guys for this to work we need to keep it simple as we dont have the moderators and Toby is laisse a faire . I suggest people pay by paypal and business for protection. If they have a problem we all ready have a bad/good seller thread to report to other members- can also ask Toby to remove. Remember many old issues of payment were before paypal existed and folks were making bank transfers and posting cheques.  To add Corrado parts are a sellers world not a buyers  so lets make it easy to have access to these rare gems that occasionally come to the table. If it deemed a commercial seller then yes they should contribute- Toby can contact them if he feels they are a business and not a private seller- we don't need to get involved in that. 

Edited by Keyo

Hmm, I would say avoid handling money and being responsible for transactions at all costs! I don't think anyone would want to go down that route.

I'd say moderate every ad, if a seller is a business they need to register and pay a percentage, and think of it as a managed small ads service - but disputes. pay,ent etc. fall outside the remit of the forum and are up to the parties involved to sort out. Otherwise it becomes a legal minefield.

You can always do a bad/good seller and buyer thread or rep system - but even that goes into defamation territory if not careful. Still think the newspaper small ads or donedeal/adverts model is the best, and as Keyo has said - you have Paypal protection and the small claims court if needed.

But seriously, you need to consider that any sellers of rare parts will be posting them up for where they think they will get the most money, not to do some enthusiasts a favour - at least that's my experience, you might call me a tad cynical 😉

9 hours ago, dragon green said:

I think we should try it, but it will need moderating,
Preferably by someone who hasn’t got a Corrado

That and keeping it simple 👌

Should be read only free, and encouraged fee for access to a revitalised wiki and parts knowledge base, imho.

i don’t think we should let it die though, otherwise we run the risk of giving up on the cars themselves

Kevin and Jim still around?

I still have the Storm btw- now 23 and a half years old....

5 hours ago, STORM 2 said:

Kevin and Jim still around?

I still have the Storm btw- now 23 and a half years old....

Both long sold their Corrado, but we're occasional posters prior to paid subscription. Think we may lose that knowledge and experience now though. 😟

FWIW, I agree with Cressa, Keyo et al that you have to try- but keep it simple.

PayPal is a protection financially, as is forum reputation- if you shaft someone, people will quickly to know. And non-compliant posts can be called out by any member. Posting crap entries is inevitably a risk, but you will only see if the risk outweighs the benefit if you try.

There will always be reasons not to do something, but as Cressa has said, stand still and die does not seem a wise choice.

if you’re sceptical about whether it will work, run a trial for a sensible period of time- 2 or 3 months, say. I would think timing it now, as we emerge from lockdown, would be a good moment- people have had time to find stuff, and more cars are on the road over the summer.

Nothing  ventured...

On 5/26/2020 at 7:23 AM, seanl82 said:

Both long sold their Corrado, but we're occasional posters prior to paid subscription. Think we may lose that knowledge and experience now though. 😟

I'm not completely gone.. I check back in from time to time. And indeed I'm still a moderator so I've been actioning a number of the ban / spam requests.. I think there may be a few outstanding actually so will go take a look at those later. As you say, Corrado long since sold but.. still have tremendous affection for them of course. Did finally step down from the CCGB though in the end after years of threatening to do so as I just didn't have the time and motivation to produce actual deliverables in the timeframe that paying club members deserved. 

Glad to hear it Jim! Hope you've been keeping well. Last I heard you were feeling a bit of a pull toward getting another!?

Sadly not.. disposable income and free time is set to vanish entirely for a fair while I think due to other priorities coming along very soon! That and Corrado's have just gone into that realm where they really need the kind of maintenance and TLC I've come to realise I just don't have the enthusiasm for any more. I don't mind a bit of mechanical tinkering here and there but deeper bodywork and such issues and folks going all in on full restorations seems to be the state of ownership these days and it's a bit more than I want. 

Continuing from the other thread regarding FB re-direct:

Where is the site up to regarding the WIKI ?

Also. when googling technical questions, the thread titles appear on the google front page, but the links can't be reached ?

For me, the USP of the site is the technical database, previous threads of fixes/solutions/remedies/pi55 taking. Without that there's nothing to differentiate if from FB. I don't mind pushing the site, but I'm pi55ing into the wind if there's nothing to push.

15 minutes ago, James. said:

Continuing from the other thread regarding FB re-direct:

Where is the site up to regarding the WIKI ?

Also. when googling technical questions, the thread titles appear on the google front page, but the links can't be reached ?

For me, the USP of the site is the technical database, previous threads of fixes/solutions/remedies/pi55 taking. Without that there's nothing to differentiate if from FB. I don't mind pushing the site, but I'm pi55ing into the wind if there's nothing to push.

I can bring up most historic threads when searching Google, though a lot come through Tapatalk so you may need to install that to be able to view them.

Toobes or whatever his name is seems to have done a disappearing act since taking the initial wave of joiners. If the CCGB bought back the forum, it really would leave this site with nothing to offer. 

I feel like we're getting nothing for our money here at the moment. Can't say I'm particularly happy with the way this site is being run, and I know it's only £15 but that's not the point.

How many paid members are there? 10-20? Perhaps the disappearce of the admin is becuase this place just isn't making the money he needed to make it viable and we should all get ready to say our goodbyes. Assume hosting contracts were paid for up to a date in the future so time will tell.

I haven’t disappeared. Infact I deal with spam alerts daily on this forum. I’ll reply to your comments in the next few days.

I’m not an active member, as I don’t have a corrado, but I will endeavour to make it a place to stay. 

Happy to help with the Spam and anything admin like - wiki work, helping with accounts, troubleshooting. 

What's the diff between a CF Donator, Legacy Donator and a Subscriber - I thought I had paid but am I due again? I can see all content on the site.

If any people want to help, I did do a post asking...(see I’m still here 🙂)

thanks pfnsht.

1 minute ago, t700bes said:

thanks pfnsht.

I did reply 😇. 😁If no one heard back maybe there was a gliche.. 

Anyway, toby what can we do to help. Previously you asked for help to sort the Wiki. This is what we all really want, so how can we achieve this. That would solve a big issue for us all 👍

2 minutes ago, Cressa said:

I did reply 😇. 😁If no one heard back maybe there was a gliche.. 

Anyway, toby what can we do to help. Previously you asked for help to sort the Wiki. This is what we all really want, so how can we achieve this. That would solve a big issue for us all 👍

Don’t see an instant message from you mate, have seen others. Getting a WhatsApp group together to discuss. So get involved if you wish. I have all the wiki content, it’s just a case of copy paste and formatting it.

22 minutes ago, t700bes said:

thanks pfnsht.

i think id sent you a PM in response m8

30 minutes ago, t700bes said:

Don’t see an instant message from you mate, have seen others. Getting a WhatsApp group together to discuss. So get involved if you wish. I have all the wiki content, it’s just a case of copy paste and formatting it.

Just sent you a message to see if you receive it

I still look in from time to time, but my car is firmly on the back burner unfortunately so I'm not a paid member... I like to think that I will get round to doing something again as I have £4k engine sat waiting to go back in a fully restored engine bay, but the likelihood of it is sadly fading.... time.......  something I seem to have less off, at a point in life I thought I would have more of.