vw rule

New rear registration plinth on Amazon

Has anyone seen the above item for sale on Amazon, it's slightly different to original spec, but doesn't look as robust as the one's Chris has made = Sprinter53

On Amazon it states they're brand new but are 460mm instead of standard 540mm

Cost £84.65 + postage.

Once on Amazon type in search box Corrado Rear Plinth and it should come up,

if not then I'll try and post up a link.

Si

I quite like that with the bit more black, certainly looks good in the picture, might be better if you have a slightly shorter reg

Yeah that's what I was thinking you might need a slightly smaller registration plate.

Just wondering if anyone on here has bought one.

Si

They look great and look to have the original type fixings.

They also look like the original finish rather.

Just received mine and must say, the quality is excellent! The finish looks identical to the original one and hoping the fit is the same. I’ve just received the narrower number plate too.

I chose this one over the other reproduction ones as the others need painting to achieve the OEM finish.

Just received mine and must say, the quality is excellent! The finish looks identical to the original one and hoping the fit is the same. I’ve just received the narrower number plate too.

I chose this one over the other reproduction ones as the others need painting to achieve the OEM finish.

Hi Mate can you please text / WhatsApp me a photo of your new rear plinth.

I might get one myself.

Cheers

Si

Yeah it does look good closeup in your photos.

I think I'll grab one as I'm sure I've got a £20 Amazon gift voucher somewhere.

Si

How are these lasting for the people that got one?

Just found mine hanging off the car (the original factory item) ... the  lugs have all broke and the number plate tape isn't holding it, so thinking it is time to replace. There's this one or the Heritage one.

The Heritage one is £250 quid, but it is gloss black and having done mine in gloss black I quite like it. Plus I don't have to get a new number plate. Just checking all the options though.

Edited by oneohtwo

44 minutes ago, oneohtwo said:

How are these lasting for the people that got one?

Just found mine hanging off the car... the  lugs have all broke and the number plate tape isn't holding it, so thinking it is time to replace. There's this one or the Heritage one.

The Heritage one is £250 quid, but it is gloss black and having done mine in gloss black I quite like it. Plus I don't have to get a new number plate. Just checking all the options though.

there is a company on FB making carbon fiber ones that look really lovely & come in different carbon colours/effects too - definitely the way i would look to go when i replace mine on the VR

How much are the CF ones?

My neighbours son works with CF and we've had a couple of conversations re wings and bonnets, I never considered plinths

38 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

there is a company on FB making carbon fiber ones that look really lovely & come in different carbon colours/effects too - definitely the way i would look to go when i replace mine on the VR

Ah interesting. Do you have the name of the company?

as usual i cant find the preious posts id seen on fb & their search function is a waste of time 😞

12 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

as usual i cant find the preious posts id seen on fb & their search function is a waste of time 😞

12 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

There's some on ebay for £250

47 minutes ago, Dox said:

not those ones ive seen

they company that id seen make them in all fancy options - last one i saw was carbon but then had a red clear coat over it

i will keep looking & sure they will pop up at some point - note to self i really should write these people down when i see them

1 hour ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

Ah shame, no worries chap! Did try searching myself as well, but as you say...

1 hour ago, Dox said:

Saw these as well. As much as I like carbon, I don't think I want it for the number plate plinth.

As I need it fairly soon, I think I'll go with the Heritage one. At least I will finally have my gloss black plinth which doesn't have paint lifting on it! Thanks everyone for the help.

Edited by oneohtwo

I got the one off of sprinter, although it looked well made I didn’t really like it and as such didn’t fit it. 

18 hours ago, Dox said:

The spoonfeed fibreglass one at £250?

I'm not sure, it doesn't say exactly, but it is fibreglass and from the US so I guess so.

That's the one. I should read the description more carefully, as it does say Spoonfed in that!

Odd the description says carbon fibre, but the details say it is fibreglass. Will find out when it arrives I guess..

On 6/1/2021 at 6:31 PM, 1xshaunx1 said:

I got the one off of sprinter, although it looked well made I didn’t really like it and as such didn’t fit it. 

Can you tell me what the problem is exactly?

Regards

Chris

13 hours ago, Sprinter53i said:

Can you tell me what the problem is exactly?

Regards

Chris

I just didn’t think it looked original enough, although it was close and had I not had an old original one I would have sprayed it and fitted it. 

Cody Corrado just sold one on facebook with no damage- sold within seconds for £60