Keyo

She has to go

Hi Guys,

This may come to a shock to some of you but yesterday I went out my way to take the Rado out for a good drive. The reason been I have had the orders from Her Ladyship that I have too many cars and must sell the Rado to complete My Mk2 golf 16V renovation , some of you might think badly of this but I have a lot of history with the Golf as I saved up for two years as a nipper then after three weeks my car got stolen and was recovered, however the car was wrecked and the Insurance refused to pay out as it did not have a an Immobiliser as declared, the last owner who sold it me said it did but I suppose you could say I learnt the hard way.I had to let the car go and was devastated as did not have the funds to put her back together again,I actually caught a plane 6 months later to Sydney to work on the Homebush Stadium pre olympics as everything I had worked for was taken away from me and needed a change. The car that got stolen was registration H479 UGK , my golf 16v now is H540 UGK and the same colour everything, so it has huge sentimental value and this car Im keeping for life.

Here is a link to the Rado guys, I'm not expecting anyone to buy it off here, I just wanted to let you know I'm selling it guys, and for those that say wow that's much, speak to the people that know how much it costs to get the cars to this level. I have spent at least 10k on her and that's not including buying her, and she comes with the shrickie dickie . This car will be a survivor as I spent all the money in the crucial places, just the last bit of body work to do to get the car up to show.

Also to add once the car is sold there will be a lot of new and used obsolete parts for sale that I have stashed away as I believe the buyer of the car should have first pickings, Almost thinking of doing a garage sale at my house . Please wait intill I have sold the car to ask what I have as I really don't want to sell this car.

Thanks

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201909292739476?radius=1501&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=b736hg&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&make=VOLKSWAGEN&model=CORRADO&sort=relevance&page=1

Edited by Keyo

Hello mate sorry to hear you're selling up, but I understand needs are a must.

Looks a great VR6 in the attached link,

shame you have to sell up.

To be honest £9000 is not a bad price for a standard well maintained Corrado VR6,

especially as there's not many around now,

plus if you've got a pile of spares that'll make the sale more attractive to potential buyers.

Many years ago now in the mid 1990s I was looking at the MK2 Golf 8v & 16v, I was very close to getting one but in the end I chose the MK2 Scirocco that lead to owning my Corrado, I still do rate the MK2 Golf especially the later ones with the big bumpers, also the MK2 SEAT Ibiza wasn't too bad that had the 2.0 16v ABF lump.

They're probably the two best 16v engines from that era the KR and the ABF engines,

the 9A lump in standard form is a much more watered down engine, has decent torque but only just lacks the extra acceleration, there's not really a lot in it but you can feel it on the road when you plant your right foot.

PS hope your Corrado goes to a good home, preferably to a fellow enthusiast.

Also don't be a stranger, pop on here and say hello, let us know how your MK2 Golf is going.

Si

Hello mate sorry to hear you're selling up, but I understand needs are a must.

Looks a great VR6 in the attached link,

shame you have to sell up.

To be honest £9000 is not a bad price for a standard well maintained Corrado VR6,

especially as there's not many around now,

plus if you've got a pile of spares that'll make the sale more attractive to potential buyers.

Many years ago now in the mid 1990s I was looking at the MK2 Golf 8v & 16v, I was very close to getting one but in the end I chose the MK2 Scirocco that lead to owning my Corrado, I still do rate the MK2 Golf especially the later ones with the big bumpers, also the MK2 SEAT Ibiza wasn't too bad that had the 2.0 16v ABF lump.

They're probably the two best 16v engines from that era the KR and the ABF engines,

the 9A lump in standard form is a much more watered down engine, has decent torque but only just lacks the extra acceleration, there's not really a lot in it but you can feel it on the road when you plant your right foot.

PS hope your Corrado goes to a good home, preferably to a fellow enthusiast.

Also don't be a stranger, pop on here and say hello, let us know how your MK2 Golf is going.

Si

Thanks for your kind words Si.

There are three on Autotrader at the moment , for a few K more you get a car that has a 1k Shrick plus 10K spent on it, so I think it is a fair price and anyone that can do simple maths should be able to work out Im well out of pocket :scratch:

I think its fair game to ask questions about the golf on here because it shares a lot of the parts with the Corrado , also I don't plan on joining any Golf Forums as there are a lot idiots in the Golf world that their first priority is destroying them by making bad decisions for the cars. Also I think a lot of Corrado owners have owned Golf's like Geri and I think Fen has.

Si

Thanks Rob it is a bitter pill to swallow to be honest as its such a rare car and these are very close to rising, just the fact there are only three on Autotrader for the whole of the UK should tell peoples something. I would like to see it go to a good home. Maybe a a previous Corrado owner or someone who has a Rado all ready but the car is to far gone.

Edited by Keyo

Unbelievable I’d be getting a new wife. Lmao. Good luck Keyo, if it’s as good in flesh as the photos suggest you’ll be waving it good bye before next Sunday

Unbelievable I’d be getting a new wife. Lmao. Good luck Keyo, if it’s as good in flesh as the photos suggest you’ll be waving it good bye before next Sunday

Thanks Shaun, the car is great it just there is arch bubbling but once the new owner has done that they got a show car a lot cheaper then it would cost most to get to that standard. I do think the Corrado have bad values because the only ones that you really see come on the market are tired.

Edited by Keyo

Good luck with your next project... if you sell your be back next year...

Oooo parts... the vultures are circling.

Thanks Delfins.

The obsolete crew will come out of the shadows to gather their annual bounty ha !

Whooo a Schrick! Great car!

Thank You a Shrickie Dickie is a nice bonus for sure and is all woring as checked by Stealth tis year , even new Bartek gaskets.

Ah, shame you are moving on the C - best of luck with the sale and hang on in there, you'll be back with another one soon I'd say.

Ah, shame you are moving on the C - best of luck with the sale and hang on in there, you'll be back with another one soon I'd say.

Thanks for the kind words Fen. The golf will distract me for a while for sure but with my sporadic personality god knows what next, never say never to another Rado. I will be circling the forum though as still got a VAG classic with a Corrado engine.

Moderator please can you remove this add have decided to keep the car. Went to see her after she has been to the body shop and she is looking mint and cannot bare to part with her. Sorry for letting the buyer down but dint feel right as soon as I received a deposit to sell her and I always go with my instincts, and as mentioned she is looking mint from the body shop .

You know it makes sense

Thanks Shaun I'm sure I will be swearing at the car soon and saying I had a chance lol. I went into see her throughout the process and it was just bubble surface rust and it is nice and silver underneath, didn't even had to fill anything, also they used a very expensive etched primer . Might ask my neighbor if I can store her in their garage over winter.

Thanks Rob, I was looking at options out there but the Rado is hard to beat for originality and cult status.

Good to hear - you won't regret it. You'll be looking to buy all your parts back now!

Yeah I know, all ready thought I bet the next thing to go will be that damn part I sold ha ! Just to let people know I had a deposit on the car that I had to rebate , and also three people called me today alone very disappointed I'm not selling. I have now removed the advert to prevent this. Keep a good record of what works you have done to your car and the market says you can demand strong money for your Rado, if you can let go of the car unlike my useless self ha.

Great news... maybe sell car first before parts....

I’ve still got loads of parts to be honest, Amos and also another breaker in Burton are within 30 miles of where I live in the Midlands, so very handy for Rado parts .