Keyo

She has to go

Hi Guys,

This may come to a shock to some of you but yesterday I went out my way to take the Rado out for a good drive. The reason been I have had the orders from Her Ladyship that I have too many cars and must sell the Rado to complete My Mk2 golf 16V renovation , some of you might think badly of this but I have a lot of history with the Golf as I saved up for two years as a nipper then after three weeks my car got stolen and was recovered, however the car was wrecked and the Insurance refused to pay out as it did not have a an Immobiliser as declared, the last owner who sold it me said it did but I suppose you could say I learnt the hard way.I had to let the car go and was devastated as did not have the funds to put her back together again,I actually caught a plane 6 months later to Sydney to work on the Homebush Stadium pre olympics as everything I had worked for was taken away from me and needed a change. The car that got stolen was registration H479 UGK , my golf 16v now is H540 UGK and the same colour everything, so it has huge sentimental value and this car Im keeping for life.

Here is a link to the Rado guys, I'm not expecting anyone to buy it off here, I just wanted to let you know I'm selling it guys, and for those that say wow that's much, speak to the people that know how much it costs to get the cars to this level. I have spent at least 10k on her and that's not including buying her, and she comes with the shrickie dickie . This car will be a survivor as I spent all the money in the crucial places, just the last bit of body work to do to get the car up to show.

Also to add once the car is sold there will be a lot of new and used obsolete parts for sale that I have stashed away as I believe the buyer of the car should have first pickings, Almost thinking of doing a garage sale at my house . Please wait intill I have sold the car to ask what I have as I really don't want to sell this car.

Thanks

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201909292739476?make=VOLKSWAGEN&radius=1501&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=b736hg&model=CORRADO&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&sort=relevance&page=1

Edited by Keyo

cant believe this Keyo - after all that effort to get your car to that level and now to sell it!!!

all i can say is that you will regret it - but if it is for financial reasons then needs must!

Sad times mate -

cant believe this Keyo - after all that effort to get your car to that level and now to sell it!!!

all i can say is that you will regret it - but if it is for financial reasons then needs must!

Sad times mate -

Hi Geri,

It is a complete stinker ! I'll see how the sale goes as Im not going to give that car away , all the hours I have spent studying diagrams and ordering/researching the best quality parts if the OE ones were obsolete. The other problem I have is drive space as Im constantly asking HRH to move her car etc and shuffling them about, I need to go from three to two cars as she has one as well, one modern as a daily and one classic.

GLWS mate, you made a beautiful car. And will definitely be missed as this forum will be quieter without you

GLWS mate, you made a beautiful car. And will definitely be missed as this forum will be quieter without you

Thanks for your kind word Cressa, don't worry Ill be pestering on here for bits about my golf and don't plan to join any other VAG forum. Lets see how the sale goes, If I don't get a healthy amount back for the VR I may have to re think things.

Ditch the Golf, if you sell your Corrado you’ll be back on here in a year or so searching for another one, and yours is very nice at the moment 8)

Ditch the Golf, if you sell your Corrado you’ll be back on here in a year or so searching for another one, and yours is very nice at the moment 8)

Lol I knew that was coming, I have got a Mk7 golf GTI and to be honest Im bored of it all ready and hasn't lost any value, so I could sell that as have orders I can have only two cars on the driveway, just see how the sales goes, I couldn't stomach renovating another Rado ,diagnosing what the car needs, building parts up for months searching for rare parts, and waiting for a good mechanic.

There is one major thing I don't like about my Corrado and that is after all this hard work, I have no space in the Garage to keep her as a third of the garage has been extended into my house for a WC, also rammed full of fishing stuff and car parts, not a big fan of covers they do more harm then good IMO. So this is also on my mind for the preservation of the cars present condition.

Edited by Keyo

Real same but it does look like a stunning car, if I hadn’t just bought one and been spending a fortune over the last year would have considered it

Real same but it does look like a stunning car, if I hadn’t just bought one and been spending a fortune over the last year would have considered it

Thanks for the kind words JN, this car would of been ideal for you, Magic Black does look evil on a Rado and the red decals compliment the paint, also an original polished manifold with all the engine trims is available with the car, also BBS splits Jubilee.

Thanks for the kind words JN, this car would of been an ideal for you, Magic Black does look evil on a Rado and the red decals compliment the colour, also an original polished manifold with all the engine trims is available with the car, also BBS splits Jubilee.
yip and with what I have now spent far exceeds the price of yours so yours would have been good. Mines now has recaros, vdo, full rebuild and now a VSR :) but would have happily had yours could have saved me a lot of cash :)

Fairplay where did you get the VSR from ?

My biggest reason for selling to be honest is I have no garage space for the car and want to preserve her, with no available arch repair kits or front wings these cars need to avoid bad weather most of the time, the Golf I can get a new bonnet £88.. wings £60 etc, with them sort of prices I can just swap out a panel for a few hundred sprayed and its new and should last 10- 15 years. I even purchased some new old stock Hella spot lights for the Golf last night, only £40 for the pair. in my circumstances not having a garage, owning a Golf will be a more less stress free classic car ownership.

Edited by Keyo

Get a cover or a carcoon - or, seeing as the Gold panels are that cheap, swapsies and leave that outside! You know you want to...

Ahhh no, but I get your position. The Corrado is a hard car to keep tip top (parts not available or too expensive). Where as the golf you can make perfect for the cost a used Corrado wing (I jest but you get the picture).

Sometimes I wish I bought a Golf.

Hi P how you going mate.

If I had a garage that was big enough I would of kept her or if panels were ready available , with the golf you can keep them outside due to part availability and cost.

Mate I have one of those intake mufflers the one that you got welded , have good condition second hand and also new .

An 8V is quite easy to get hold of but a late big bumper 16V in 3dr in a good colour could take you all year to find one. I had pay 6250 for mine but it will be a 10k car with only 2k spent on her so the maths work on them as well. Had to go up to Newcastle to get mine and I must say the folks were very friendly up there. It took me over a year to find.

Edited by Keyo

Get a cover or a carcoon - or, seeing as the Gold panels are that cheap, swapsies and leave that outside! You know you want to...

Hi Fen,

My Garage is to small for any car mate as have extended inwards to the house for a WC, otherwise the Rado would of took first dibs. Ask Shaun he was in there the other day Rado part hunting.

Hi Fen,

My Garage is to small for any car mate as have extended inwards to the house for a WC, otherwise the Rado would of took first dibs. Ask Shaun he was in there the other day Rado part hunting.

No worries - was only joking! Used to have a lovely 3 door Atlas Grey big bumper 8v and wish I had held on to it - was an original Irish market car as well, which is a hard thing to find.

Nice colour is atlas grey , I bet a lot of classics suffer in Ireland, my father who lives in Ballybunion his golf got really rusty After a few years there but his house is over looking the Atlantic .

Change of subject, what ever happened To the user Kevin bacon on here as he appears on most old threads .

Nice colour is atlas grey , I bet a lot of classics suffer in Ireland, my father who lives in Ballybunion his golf got really rusty After a few years there but his house is over looking the Atlantic .

Change of subject, what ever happened To the user Kevin bacon on here as he appears on most old threads .

Actually it's not that bad as we don't use salt on the roads in winter, just grit if anything. Most older cars get neglected though.

Yeah, Kev was one of the core users on here, part of a group of which most have left - he sold up a few years back for a MkV R32 I think - over the years he did pretty much everything to his Corrado, from super charging, VRT and R32 conversions and always had something helpful, funny or controversial to say. He still checks in from time to time.

Edited by fendervg

Moderator please can you remove this add as I have decided to keep the car . Thank You

Moderator please can you remove this add as I have decided to keep the car . Thank You

Well done mate, glad you are sticking around