Earwig

Who PM'd Kevin Bacon recently about an R32 intake/silicon elbow?

I'm not 100 percent sure, I think the chap is called Toby, others will know better , members are concerned about the survival of the site , there is a thread about the future of the forum that is on here a couple of months back.

I think it is Toby his user name is t700bes

Si

Lol, seems us older folks cant stay away.....also have an Ed30 as well, lol. Although I am contemplating selling. Thought about another Corrado numerous times but not sure.

It would be a shame to loose the info on this forum for sure.

Howdy Mr Golden Finger of Fudge :D How's your beast? The one on 4 wheels :D

ha ha the beast is doing well m8

i treated the VR to some JL audio 6.25" fronts to sit in the Audioscape door pods i got ages ago, modifying them to fit the late window switch was a doddle.

i have also booked it in for a full window out resto paint job with an extremely reputable guy in Feb & the plan is to have the Kamei skirt kit i got off goldie on here put on at the same time (the same kit i have on the 16v)

the poor 16v on the other hand hasnt moved for about 18 months - hopefully nothing too major will have eaten itself by the time i get it back on the road again lol

nice to hear you are still enjoying your motor m8 - out of interest how far are you from Stratford upon Avon? i was thinking of potentially trying to organise a corrado meet at the Caffiene & machine place there next spring

Lol, seems us older folks cant stay away.....also have an Ed30 as well, lol. Although I am contemplating selling. Thought about another Corrado numerous times but not sure.

It certainly seems that way! It always was the best forum for knowledge sharing and banter :thumbleft:

I honestly can't get rid of the ED30, but it's probably because it's not standard and therefore more fun to drive! I also keep toying with the idea of another Corrado but I haven't got a garage to sprinkle it with some good mods. My vision is to basically plonk a Corrado shell on top of something modern and fruity, and wide arch it!

This might help you make your decision. BBS a bit stretched but everything else !

ha ha the beast is doing well m8

i treated the VR to some JL audio 6.25" fronts to sit in the Audioscape door pods i got ages ago, modifying them to fit the late window switch was a doddle.

i have also booked it in for a full window out resto paint job with an extremely reputable guy in Feb & the plan is to have the Kamei skirt kit i got off goldie on here put on at the same time (the same kit i have on the 16v)

the poor 16v on the other hand hasnt moved for about 18 months - hopefully nothing too major will have eaten itself by the time i get it back on the road again lol

nice to hear you are still enjoying your motor m8 - out of interest how far are you from Stratford upon Avon? i was thinking of potentially trying to organise a corrado meet at the Caffiene & machine place there next spring

Audioscape door pods......they were the days! I can't believe how much those things improved the sound quality! Shame they're not around anymore.

That's a good plan giving it a full restoration. Looked after Corrados are still fighting off the terminal rot admirably though.

The 16V will be worth £34,555.28p in about 10 years, so keep hold of it!

SUA is miles away from me unfortunately, otherwise I'd pop along! Now, if it was Stratford Upon Bacon......I'd be there even if it was 10,000 miles away :lol:

Well done for sorting your account out Mr Bacon. Where there is a will there is a way. Nice to see you posting again, I used to look forward to read your threads, comments and progress on your C. You definitely need another, the itch must be getting more, prices have gone up for good ones and I think so has respect for them by people in general into cars.

More to the point how did you post that picture of the bacon? :D

It's hosted on an external site and referenced using /IMG tags by the looks of it.

Ha ha - photo is not attached or held on the forum, it's on a website somewhere else and you can use tags in your post to point to the location of the picture and it will load automagically. However, some sites taka a dim view of linking to their images...

Audioscape door pods......they were the days! I can't believe how much those things improved the sound quality! Shame they're not around anymore.

That's a good plan giving it a full restoration. Looked after Corrados are still fighting off the terminal rot admirably though.

The 16V will be worth £34,555.28p in about 10 years, so keep hold of it!

SUA is miles away from me unfortunately, otherwise I'd pop along! Now, if it was Stratford Upon Bacon......I'd be there even if it was 10,000 miles away :lol:

the do pair nice with the JL speakers in them - however they make getting in & out tricky in tight spaces

im very much looking forward to the fresh paint but also cant wait to see the Kamei kit on it :D

ha ha ive already sold the 16v before & dont think i could sell it again - id rather it sat on my drive unused than be on someone else's drive lol

ahh yeah you're in essex so a far treck away, pity though m8

Ha ha - photo is not attached or held on the forum, it's on a website somewhere else and you can use tags in your post to point to the location of the picture and it will load automagically. However, some sites taka a dim view of linking to their images...

I may have to resort to copying and pasting off my Mac again to put pics up .

But where are you hosting them?

Photobucket is pants now - I tried google photos and that doesnt work ether...

But where are you hosting them?

Photobucket is pants now - I tried google photos and that doesnt work ether...

Using any free image hosting site is a risk, you never know how long the pics are gonna be there or if they'll change their T&C's and ask you to pay for the service..

But I just uploaded these 2 to https://imgbb.com:

jarlsberg-wheel.jpg

rutland-red-cheese-wedge.jpg

I may have to resort to copying and pasting off my Mac again to put pics up .

Don't think this even works anymore Rob.

This might help you make your decision. BBS a bit stretched but everything else !

Nice. I'm a big fan of the BBS on Corrados! It's such a classic look!

Years ago, when T-rex was roaming the earth looking for fried pork products, a member on here fitted MK1 S3 front struts to his Corrado. My plan for a Corrado would be to literally weld in a MK5 floor structure to it, and fit all of the MK5 suspension. And then worry about the wider track afterwards with flared arches :thumbleft:

That may sound far fetched and overly ambitious but 3 things are worthy of consideration - 1) Anything is possible with a welder. 2) Years ago, when Woolly Mammoths couldn't decide whether to have ham and cheese, or bacon lettuce and tomato in their sandwiches, someone in Europe drilled out all of the spot welds on a Corrado floor, and welded a Rallye floor in it's place, thereby facilitating some 4WD goodness, OEM style....... and 3) where there's pork, there's a way!

Yeah, the pictures......they're a pain.

Flickr works well for BB Code linking and they don't limit it, but the free account only allows 1000 photos I think. Other options are Google Photos or Microsoft's OneContrive but you need to create a public album and stick your pics in there, but they might not allow embedding, so you'll just get a clickable link instead, which is poo pants. In plain English, embedding means linking to your photo on a forum, but each view is now becoming a chargeable resource.

This is why attaching a pic to the forum from your local PC was such a great (and rare) feature on here......but that comes with a storage overhead unfortunately.

If you see a humourous pic you want to embed, simply right click it and 'Copy image address' and then paste it in between  tags as the other gentlemen and gentleladies said.

Piggy piggy bacon pork piggy

giant-pigs-china-01.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome(back) everyone by the way :thumbleft: I've really missed this place! I've had a rough ride over the past few years, well ever since selling the Corrado back in 2012 actually (maybe it's the car's karma on me? lol) with a mixture of women trouble, a very unexpected family bereavement and redundancy (twice).....so yeah, the bacon has been a bit a bit soggy and not his usual crispy self.

But anyway.....I'm planning on hanging out here more frequently going forward!

Edited by Kevin Bacon