Mystic Rado

Storm badge placement?

I'm just about to stick a Trimsport Storm badge back on my Storm after some ******* stole the original a while back and I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the original fitting instructions. I could just stick it back where it looks right, but if anyone has a copy of the template thing that came with the OE VW badge set, itd be much appreciated. Thanks!

I saw one recently where someone had stuck a storm badge on the opposite side to the Corrado badge..just looked so wrong. I could barely bring myself to look at the car. These details do matter. Will also happily send a photo of mine if you need to get a consensus on exactly the correct spot

I should say, I still have an original dealer set in the packaging with the correct placement diagram , I just can’t put a picture up on here

I've just messaged you my mobile number and an e-mail address in case that's easier - really appreciated.

I saw a pic of that Storm with the badge on the wrong side of the car, it was kind of painful to look at :-(

Haha - most of the work creating the special edition went into the badges and the little instructions on where to place them that were sent to the supplying dealers back in the day - that why it's so important to get it right.

Only joking and, and not jealous as I only have a normal VR6! Just trying to get a "why is a Storm so special?" thread going again to stir it up as it's bean really quiet on here lately! ;)

Haha - most of the work creating the special edition went into the badges and the little instructions on where to place them that were sent to the supplying dealers back in the day - that why it's so important to get it right.

Only joking and, and not jealous as I only have a normal VR6! Just trying to get a "why is a Storm so special?" thread going again to stir it up as it's bean really quiet on here lately! ;)

Ha ha, you know they are faster and cooler and better and nicer and good for your health and they corner better and and and............:lol:

Ha ha, you know they are faster and cooler and better and nicer and good for your health and they corner better and and and............:lol:

Spot on! The only reason I knew my badge was missing was that the car felt sluggish and aerodynamically compromised, my guess is that it's worth at least 20bhpm maybe more and that's before you factor in the handling improvements. Big thanks for whoomphing over that diagram - it's nice to know exactly how the badge should sit for maximum benefit
:rolleyes:

Well, you could lose up to 10 horses if it's not mounted exactly right - as for putting it on the wrong side, I dread to think - poor idle and cut out at the very least!

You can speed up a normal VR by putting Solitudes on instead of Speedlines, but you have to tell it that they came off a Corrado, not a Golf......

Ah, but it has to be the right colour from factory with correct leather too. I'm at max efficiency as the badges and wheels were actually put on by the dealer, even though it's not a "real" Storm. :lol:

Those badges are definitely worth the extra thousands :dance:

I'm just jealous as I dont have them and people point at me as I walk down the street..

Is a cool badge to be fair, can't believe VW dont use the branding anymore, as when any car person sees it they think wow that is special wonder what a Storm has different , sort of has a rare mythical tang to it.

Edited by Keyo

Why is a Storm so special? Cos mine is one and yours isn't!!!!

If it's based on rarity then my colour Magic Black is rarer in the Corrado then mystic blue and the Green, I'm sure other colours are rarer as well out there,my car came with leather, Solitudes are common as were also used on the Golf Mk3, Speedlines are more desirable to most, I can get my front grill sprayed but I prefer the matt black stock grill as does not look as garish, I can get a storm badge and stick it on my gear shift trim and same applies to the rear boot decal.

Am I correct in saying they are the only differences in a Storm ? So is it fair to say they should of called it the Drizzle as it didn't really make a Storm :rolleyes:

Edited by Keyo

They also came with a Sony tape deck and CD changer, and some had aircon, but that was always a dealer retrofit option in the UK. So basically nothing you could not order or get yourself apart from a Mystic Blue respray. It would have been nice had it had all the options thrown at it.

Am I correct in saying they are the only differences in a Storm ? So is it fair to say they should of called it the Drizzle as it didn't really make a Storm :rolleyes:

There are other special differences, but Storm owners aren't allowed to talk about them publicly :rolleyes: