corrado33

Default color for rear VW logo for silver rado?

When I bought my car many years ago, the rear VW badge had been "shaved." Eh, now that the bondo filling that hole is starting to come out, I'm debating just buying a rear VW badge and replacing it back to stock when I get the car repainted.

So, my question is this.

What was the default color for the rear badge on satin silver rados? From pictures online, it LOOKS to be chrome with a black background... or black with a black background. I've found both and I'm unsure.

Anyone know?

I think 93 went to chrome Corrado script and vr6, before that body colour script and red with black background vr6 on the back

I think it's the round VW logo that's being asked about - available in both silver and black, but I think stock from factory they were always silver/chrome on a black background - it comes in two parts, the silver logo and a black insert. Could be wrong though.

I'm fairly sure they were all silver. Only ones I've ever seen black (including mine) were sprayed. You'll need the badge, the black plastic insert and the 2 blue plugs for the holes, assuming they weren't welded up

You can buy the black ones direct from Heritage . Also the silver ones can be purchased from Classics ordered through Heritage, One of those rare moments where you have a choice of OE Corrado parts. I believe this was stock for a Polo but none the less is exactly the same but in black.

https://www.vwheritage.com/357853601b-rear-vw-emblem-in-black-vw-spare

Edited by Keyo

You can get heritage of eBay as well... Those rear badges are on there offered by heritage. My silver Corrado has the rear badge sprayed by PO, but I can tell for sure the logo used to be chrome, not sure about the background...

You can buy the black ones direct from Heritage . Also the silver ones can be purchased from Classics ordered through Heritage, One of those rare moments where you have a choice of OE Corrado parts. I believe this was stock for a Polo but none the less is exactly the same but in black.

https://www.vwheritage.com/357853601b-rear-vw-emblem-in-black-vw-spare

Think the OP is in the states so Heritage or CP probably aren't options

There making money over there as well chap .

https://www.heritagepartscenter.com/

Yep, heritage is apparently selling in the states, cause I just ordered a crap ton of parts (seals and the like) so I can make the rado new again this spring. (I also ordered the chrome w/ black background badge.)

Oh, I didn't realise they had an outlet in the states. I retract my previous statement then! :thumbleft:

It was weird though, when I was checking out every item had a warning "This item only ships to these countries" with a link, and behind the link was a list of nothing. So I just took a chance and ordered stuff. I got a shipping notification yesterday so apparently the US was one of those countries.