dbpvr6

Vr6 on Collecting Cars

Anyone know the car? Seems good history on the face of it. Not sure about the new cam belt though or the cheap looking tyres 

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1994-volkswagen-corrado-vr6

Can belt???

looks really nice and love the silver. Really good price at the moment but will be interesting to see what it goes for

Yeah I've just had a quick look also, it does look like a decent Corrado, there's not many around now with under 100k miles on the clock, the mileage is 74,274 with full service history.

According to the site there's been 12 bids on it, current bid is £4350 on 25 February at 10:28pm with 6 days to go until action ends.

Si 

IMG_8667.jpg

9 hours ago, spen said:

Someone has stuck early red badges on it

Red badges look better on silver bodywork IMHO - I like them.

Never seen that website before. Sounds like eBay, but they make there money out of buyer, rather than seller. So if the description is false, and you go to collect a car that turns out to be a raft that's been described as mint, the seller loses nothing, and the buyer still has to pay the listing fees 🤔

Or am I miss reading how it works. 

Car does look good though, be interesting to see what it sells for.

Yeah, it looks like they just act as a middleman with a web site and charge the buyer a 6% premium - good business model - but do you get the premium back if the car turns out to be a lemon or you decide not to go through with the sale?

Interesting. I have never heard of this site before. Some of the format is a bit like bring a trailer.com in the US but on a much smaller scale. Nice looking car and just round the corner from me. I Like a Corrado in Satin Silver. Reckon any potential buyer would be taking on any risk just like in a private sale. If I didn’t already have one I would bid myself ! 

I'm pretty sure it's Chris Harris and another high-end car dealer behind it - they have a podcast which is pretty good too. 

They've just dropped the reserve so this will be going tonight, good money already given that the buyer pays £600.

Hmmm I like the colour and the mileage. 

As it reads original owner then someone purchased and gave it a spray job and few other bits and selling after a year. 

This is certainly not from an owner that has spent a fortune on the car, could be the spray job is not great if been done on the cheap. If I was going to spend good money on a Rado I would be looking for a car seller with OCD that had spent a fortune with a pile of recent receipts, I think this car will still mostly have the issues of a 25 year old car that has not had much money spent on it. 

Last time I looked the bidding was up to £6250 plus the 6% fee but there were a good couple of hours to go. Not sure where it ended but seems it did not reach its reserve.