Keyo

Are these Vento competition 16 alloys

Check Robrados members gallery. He has a set of them fitted. They're 17" and look fantastic with a decent drop

24 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Check Robrados members gallery. He has a set of them fitted. They're 17" and look fantastic with a decent drop

Hi Sean, Did he get them off a group buy chap > From what I can see from old threads is the Vento ones are 7.5 J and group buys are 7J - so I think it is the 7,5 J which is the identification. Also the Vento ones seem to have not much of a centre internal dome.  

They're not  Vento cups, they were 17" 7J compomotive MO5 speedlines. That was what the group buy was.

Edited by seanl82

46 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

They're not  Vento cups, they were 17" 7J compomotive MO5 speedlines. That was what the group buy was.

Ok thanks mate they sound nice !

On 3/22/2020 at 11:37 PM, Tigerfish said:

I’ve not got any wheel specific pics, do these show them well enough?

15a0904e138f941c3db9ae1dcda37d82.jpgaabb58247fef6a00fa122b8c3657f8b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Chap, 

Please could I ask what size tyres you have got on your Vento Cups. It does say on a tyre fitting chart that 205  is the minimum tyre width you can put on a 7.5J . I was thinking 205 16 45 ? 

What would other members tyre dimensions  for these alloys ? Vento cups 16 7.5J 

Cheers. 

Edited by Keyo

205 is right. You'll get a little stretch depending on which tyres you go for, but next step up (215) will possibly rub.

49 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

205 is right. You'll get a little stretch depending on which tyres you go for, but next step up (215) will possibly rub.

Thanks Sean. 

56 minutes ago, Tigerfish said:

Yeah, 205 45 are why I’ve got on.

Thanks 

Comparing stock speedline 15 to the VW Motorsport Vento cups. 

The vento is a completely different alloy. The stock speedline the spokes go outwards from the rim to join the centre bore and have a central inner concave dome whereas the Vento the spokes are  inverted from the rim to the centre of the alloy- completely different design these should not be described as speedline 16 . Vento does not have an inner rim like the 15 speedline either. 

Picture to illustrate differences. 

wheels vento (2).jpg

Edited by Keyo

24 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Comparing stock speedline 15 to the VW Motorsport Vento cups. 

The vento is a completely different alloy. The stock speedline the spokes go outwards from the rim to join the centre bore and have a central inner concave dome whereas the Vento the spokes are  inverted from the rim to the centre of the alloy- completely different design these should not be described as speedline 16 . Vento does not have an inner rim like the 15 speedline either. 

Picture to illustrate differences. 

wheels vento (2).jpg

If they’re not what you’re looking for, I’ve been after a set for years 😉

21 minutes ago, tonedef said:

If they’re not what you’re looking for, I’ve been after a set for years 😉

Nice try but no chance I luv them and they are rarer then a VSR manifold 😍

They truely are a unique alloy. 

Here are some Speedline Corse 2110 challenge, they come in a 17 5x100 - as you can see these are a larger corrado alloy but in white. 

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/speedline-corse-2110-challenge-alloy-wheels-in-white-set-of-4-2000798/?sku=S/LSL1430/X03/W1-KIT&istCompanyId=a2904180-3a7d-4e56-b876-cf81c9512180&istFeedId=0f6db192-3a9a-4369-b1f8-79615c622f96&istItemId=itlrrtiax&istBid=t&awaid=6538&utm_source=redbrain&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=css&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInLaO56nF6AIVF5zVCh3mUAZcEAQYCCABEgJ22_D_BwE&source=aw&awc=6538_1585678801_4d9960af4136edc8ddf4868f932d48da

speedline corse.jpg

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Too right with the Ventos, they’re the perfect wheel for the Corrado. Shame the 16” 2110 doesn’t come in 5 x 100, I’ve had 17s in the past but would prefer 16s, better compromise for me.

1 minute ago, tonedef said:

Too right with the Ventos, they’re the perfect wheel for the Corrado. Shame the 16” 2110 doesn’t come in 5 x 100, I’ve had 17s in the past but would prefer 16s, better compromise for me.

That would be my issue with them as well, also would want them silver and would be harsh to get a new set of alloys powder coated. Maybe its worth considering another group buy of 16 speedlines when all this turmoil passes.

Nice try but no chance I luv them and they are rarer then a VSR manifold 
They truely are a unique alloy. 

I think you’ll love them even more once you get them back to silver. White doesn’t do them justice IMO.

I’ll be getting mine refurbed soon, can’t wait.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:55 AM, Keyo said:

Hi Chap, 

Please could I ask what size tyres you have got on your Vento Cups. It does say on a tyre fitting chart that 205  is the minimum tyre width you can put on a 7.5J . I was thinking 205 16 45 ? 

What would other members tyre dimensions  for these alloys ? Vento cups 16 7.5J 

Cheers. 

My old VR had BBS 7.5x16 and ran 215/40, had no issues with rubbing with offset of et35.

5 minutes ago, daves16v said:

My old VR had BBS 7.5x16 and ran 215/40, had no issues with rubbing with offset of et35.

Interesting,  decisions decisions, I wonder how the wider tyre affected the weight of the steering Dave ? 

Cheers. 

15 hours ago, Tigerfish said:

I think you’ll love them even more once you get them back to silver. White doesn’t do them justice IMO.

I’ll be getting mine refurbed soon, can’t wait.

Yeah same here,  I was thinking of asking Renewart    to make some Motor Sport caps, but they won't be cheap, Ill Unless somebody knows an outfit that can make some ? 

Tigerfish are the Vento cups a direct fit without spacers etc because the offset is 35 compared to stock 43. I imagine the extra inch width of the alloy compensates.. Any rubbing on the arches cause by th extra width of 1 inch of the alloy. 

Cheers.  

Edited by Keyo

They are a straight fit, and I’ve not had any rubbing. They fill the arches very nicely and give a decent looking stance to the car (I think the ride height drop helps the look as well).

23 hours ago, Keyo said:

Interesting,  decisions decisions, I wonder how the wider tyre affected the weight of the steering Dave ? 

Cheers. 

It was a few years back, as far as I remember there wasn't much difference.

Been measuring the Vento cups up today for some centre caps. The stock speedlines are 58mm I believe and the Vento cups centre caps are 1-2mm wider diameter. 

I believe the centre caps from a Speedline Corse will fit and advertised as 59mm-60mm. Im going to test fit one. Link below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPEEDLINE-CORSE-ALLOY-WHEEL-SILVER-CENTRE-CAP-1-with-Plastic-Back-60mm/231871831681?epid=713262142&hash=item35fca35e81:g:JVMAAOSwu1VW4DwC

Renwart will is making me some VW Motor Sport 3d printed Motor caps in black and light grey same a stock MK3  Rallye prototype that i will adhesive on to the corse speedline cap after testing fit. He has estimated between 30- 40 euro. Example of his work below and also a diagram of the Speedline corse centre cap.. Have asked Ren to make the decal 3d print in 55mm. to compensate for the diameter border. Also attached below picture of Motor Sport cap. Once made not sure whether to preserve them and only put them on for shows. 

Can be seen on video if freeze at 0.50/1

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FDzDaHAqAmSM%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2aDUm_8-S8ik9dgrPu-W8U8C4TWINWFaB04t-U3La15ZfJAyezY2jk7l0&h=AT0UkukGhSPoBMhd-KyQIKzahLi8Md1U3x5LFJtqVINMz2kNnpY8I6FRk3Q7BS0_K3rcW1Jt9Y522d4av5Op756xDKZB-xDcKApG8iXRZ7Qr_YXrBEwRdBcAlXoxCgjesFLA

caps.png

VW motor sport.jpg

Edited by Keyo

2 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Very nice. His badges are great quality.

He is a great source thank god he exists ha ! 

Ok test fitted the Speedline corse cap today and it is a 100 percent correct OE fit. The Motor sport decal will be made to 55mm and handy enough the caps come without the decal glued on so can save the original decals or sell them. 

55.jpg

555.jpg

5555.jpg

55555.jpg

Edited by Keyo