Keyo

Are these Vento competition 16 alloys

On 3/31/2020 at 7:07 PM, tonedef said:

If they’re not what you’re looking for, I’ve been after a set for years 😉

I don't think they were meant to be a scaled up version of the factory wheel - just bespoke racing wheels made by Speedline (after all just a manufacturer, not a model name) for the Vento Cup. They look very nice though, and interesting to see them close up.

100 percent they are a unique alloy agreed and I imagine if you posted a pic on the MK3 forum of prototype Rallye with them on they would be highly sort after. Rarest alloy out the lot at a guess.    

20 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Don't tell them - let it be a Corrado Forum secret! They are scarce enough as it is.

I bet they don't even know they came on a Vento racing car  so will keep it hush . I imagine they are unique as they made them 7.5 to get some larger callipers in there, corse are 7J I believe.  

Edited by Keyo

Things coming on nicely chaps. 

Caps custom made by Renewart -  guys got some talent. 

vw motorsport caps.jpg

VW motorsport caps1.jpg

vvvv.jpg

27 minutes ago, Tigerfish said:

Nice job emoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mate thanks PM me if you want a set and I can can drop the details- not that Im interested in selling them but they will hugley increase the value of the alloys- we all know how this vag classic world works. 

Sneak peek back from the powder coaters. . Minute strech on the trye using 205. 

al.jpg

Edited by Keyo

10 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Sneak peek back from the powder coaters. . Minute strech on the trye using 205. 

al.jpg

They're OK I suppose...... Not jealous, not even a little.....

5 minutes ago, Dox said:

Im going to find it hard to enjoy them because Dox you are making me feel guilty ha- tell you what if you can put my misses through your miracle chemical bath and she comes out looking brand new with a three year warranty we can make a deal ha! 

32 minutes ago, Dox said:

Add me to that list of folks who aren’t jealous, looking good!

3 minutes ago, tonedef said:

Add me to that list of folks who aren’t jealous, looking good!

Thanks TD - that's 1-1 all then because I want some recaro ha.  

8 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I have a set of those, I don't think the caps are correct? They owe me £20 and are Subaru fit with larger centre bore ex Forrester I believe

16 hours ago, Dox said:

Got my other alloys done at the same time as the Vento Speedlines- there is a price war going on in the powder coating world of Birmingham and for OE silver your looking at £30.00 an alloy complete strip and paint- believe it or not that is the best company as some are as low as £20 .00- £15.00 an alloy. 

Going to give a big shout out to the BBS RX226 - every bit a good looking alloy as the vento and perfect for a rado at 7J x 16 x 5 x 100. Alloys with original caps.  

all.jpg

al1.jpg

alll.JPG

al2.jpg

Finally got the caps and the wheels have completed there refurbishment - just need to get them on my car or hang them on my wall ha! Pictures of completed alloys below. 

all10.jpg

all11.jpg

all13.jpg

all15.jpg

all16.jpg

all20.jpg

Edited by Keyo

They do look nice. I would have to put them on the car with the writing all at the same angle, the same with the badges... doh. Good luck with that. 

Very happy with the way the alloys look can see why there are a few folks on here who highly rate them- just perfect for a Rado- you could get huge callipers under these alloys

Edited by Keyo

46 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Very happy with the way the alloys look can see why there are a few folks on here who highly rate them- just perfect for a Rado- you could get huge callipers under these alloys

That was probably the idea for the racing cars! I think they came as part of a kit including Brembo 4-pots and bigger discs, ready to be fitted on to the car. I found a site with the Vento Cup specification kit-out, must see if I can find it again....