Cressa

Karmann the Corrado

22 hours ago, Cressa said:

2nd time this week that I have managed to get Karmann out the garage for a good drive.  Only today I managed to pick up a rear puncture and a knocking from the front end !!! Still enjoyed taking her out though. 

The biggest shocker was no Super Unleaded at my usual garage.... next 3 garages didnt even do it.. Ended up on deepest Derbyshire paying £1.44 a litre, 😱 I didnt realise daylight robbery still existed..

I normally fill the TT and Corrado up at the Ollerton Shell station and didn’t really notice the price, then I was at the Red House a couple of weeks ago and it was 13p a litre cheaper!!!

I bet at £1.44 you were at Euro Garages in Duckmanton? 

I purchased 500 scaffold boards last month for under £9.00 each - this month they have gone up to £25.00 a board - there is a a shortage of wood and natural materials at the moment - I saw this coming so stocked up - I might even sell half of them- its a very good time to sell plant now or sell a business that owns plant. . 

This will also create plant theft . 

Also a massive crime at the moment round Birmingham is  exhaust car cat theft- I know two people in the last week that have been victims and both been Jap cars- Its ran by Eastern European gangs and their favourite is a Honda Jazz that can bag them £500.00 - the lesser ones are bagging them £150- £250 easily- proper epidemic. The Hybrid cats fetch big money they love them. SCUM

Edited by Keyo

5 minutes ago, tonedef said:

I normally fill the TT and Corrado up at the Ollerton Shell station and didn’t really notice the price, then I was at the Red House a couple of weeks ago and it was 13p a litre cheaper!!!

I bet at £1.44 you were at Euro Garages in Duckmanton? 

Calver crossroads in the Peak district near bakewell. Could have died....  

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I purchased 500 scaffold boards last month for under £9.00 each - this month they have gone up to £25.00 a board - there is a a shortage of wood and natural materials at the moment - I saw this coming so stocked up - I might even sell half of them- its a very good time to sell plant now or sell a business that owns plant. . 

Sell sell sell mate.. 😇

Just now, Cressa said:

Sell sell sell mate.. 😇

Its all I know and not ready to deliver Sainsburys groceries yet ha. 

1 minute ago, Cressa said:

I’d never have thought of Calver Crossroads...bet Duckmanton’s more than that then!

Finally getting a toad ai606 alarm system fitted to my car next week.  Took some sourcing, as well as finding a guy I could trust.

Be nice not to have to faff about and wait for my old system to decide if it wants to let me in

On 5/10/2021 at 8:07 PM, Cressa said:

Finally getting a toad ai606 alarm system fitted to my car next week.  Took some sourcing, as well as finding a guy I could trust.

Be nice not to have to faff about and wait for my old system to decide if it wants to let me in

Ha, scrap that.. . Turned up and said I have an alarm fitted..... Yes, but as said is temperamantal, hence needing replacing.... oh!!! Needs removing before I can fit this

😡😡 FFS

So I fitted a little sticker on the slam panel where the bonnet support hits and was marking my paintwork... no end to my skills today 🙄😁

20210527_145335.jpg

20210527_145348.jpg

34 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Ha, scrap that.. . Turned up and said I have an alarm fitted..... Yes, but as said is temperamantal, hence needing replacing.... oh!!! Needs removing before I can fit this

😡😡 FFS

Frustrating and unbelievable but too common a feeling for a Corrado owner. 

So I had a go at fitting the Schrick manifold that I have had for 2 years.... 

Maybe I should have done it when the front of the car was off as it would have been sooooo much easier. But not impossible with the slam panel in the way !! 

I had read that the RH rear bracket has to be removed and this has 3 wires grounded on it.   I decided to add a bracket to enable this to be kept around that area, but it does leave the RH rear without a bracket. Maybe I will fabricate something up for that later20210528_182934.jpg

The dipstick really needs standing 10mm off of the block to clear the manifold. Yet to do...

It also just touches the top radiator plastic trim panel, so I will cut a clearance around this

I did fit the recommended rubber air hose from the MAF sensor and that sits nicely. I also have the small vacuum elbow for the top of the manifold.

Just waiting for the RH plastic lead trim cover to dry as I gave it a coat of paint earlier. 

A couple of things that bother me are that the accelerator cable wants to naturally run over the oil cap, so looks daft.

And... the actual manifold really does sit HIGH in the front LH corner. I know this bonnet area needs cutting, but crikey it looks like I need a hole in the bonnet.

It had better be worth all of this effort, as I actually prefer how the original manifold looks.

Mind you,  keyo,'s VSR really is how they all should have been

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

So I had a go at fitting the Schrick manifold that I have had for 2 years.... 

Maybe I should have done it when the front of the car was off as it would have been sooooo much easier. But not impossible with the slam panel in the way !! 

I had read that the RH rear bracket has to be removed and this has 3 wires grounded on it.   I decided to add a bracket to enable this to be kept around that area, but it does leave the RH rear without a bracket. Maybe I will fabricate something up for that later20210528_182934.jpg

The dipstick really needs standing 10mm off of the block to clear the manifold. Yet to do...

It also just touches the top radiator plastic trim panel, so I will cut a clearance around this

I did fit the recommended rubber air hose from the MAF sensor and that sits nicely. I also have the small vacuum elbow for the top of the manifold.

Just waiting for the RH plastic lead trim cover to dry as I gave it a coat of paint earlier. 

A couple of things that bother me are that the accelerator cable wants to naturally run over the oil cap, so looks daft.

And... the actual manifold really does sit HIGH in the front LH corner. I know this bonnet area needs cutting, but crikey it looks like I need a hole in the bonnet.

It had better be worth all of this effort, as I actually prefer how the original manifold looks.

Mind you,  keyo,'s VSR really is how they all should have been

Cool mate looks damn good in there . Have you got a picture of the rhd bracket . 

thanks 

Is this the rhd bracket your on about - the other end has a clip on it for fuel hoses . I didn’t have one on the Schrick but the vsr  has a housing thread for the bracket . 

Jacking the engine up can make life easy mate for fitting.  The late plastic intake boot fits fine with a schrick mate - you only need the early flexi with a VSR, 

The VSR also looks slants downwards- this is fro the block oil lubrication though I have been told.  

Wondered why my rad trim had a piece cut out . 

C5F5D4B2-25A4-4247-B4B0-B838F3228D1A.jpeg

4784FC75-20C0-4820-993F-0E8E9B469C70.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Great pics! I agree about the accelerator cable, just looks silly. I didn't refit any of the cable guides, cant remember why not, but without them the bay does look messy. I need to do a tidy up of mine, even though being OBD2 its a little cluttered than before.

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

This bracket. Part number on it for you 👍

20210529_090248.jpg

20210529_090301.jpg

Thanks - does  the bracket come apart - I think I just have the cable  earthing plate part bolted to my block . 

Will check later but I reckon the bracket was cut when the schrick was fitted. 

thanks 

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

This bracket. Part number on it for you 👍

20210529_090248.jpg

20210529_090301.jpg

Looks like mine was cut up when Schrick fitted Cressa ?  I would say the bracket would fit a vsr mate by the looks of it ? 

FD6E6285-ED88-4D72-8008-E36ED8185296.jpeg

06ADF1BE-6D25-4FF3-8D67-2880D631200C.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

If VW went to all the trouble making the VSR, I  am pretty sure they would have a bracket on that right hand side. Be worth getting hold of one to see

Finished the main install. Cut the radiator trim, fitted the dipstick to stand further off the block and connected in the hoses which I had previously done. Just need to tighten one bolt when I do the front engine mount.

Fla, hopefully thanks to a tyrap the acc accelerator cable looks slightly better now.

20210529_121155.jpg

Started fine but I could hear a faint hissing and thought it was the reservoir.  Eventually found it was just the main vac line connection that I had not put on!!! Pillock.

Better pic of the RH bracket that I fitted to an elbow bracket to keep it all together

20210529_121203.jpg

And it works, well moves the flap, but maybe at 4100 revs, not the 4k. So perhaps need to adjust that bit.

Next up one day..... swap over the front engine mount to the Vibra- technica fast road one,

Then

Bonnet cut 😟

Watch this space...

20210529_121145.jpg

Edited by Cressa
Spellcheck

31 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Finished the main install. Cut the radiator trim, fitted the dipstick to stand further off the block and connected in the hoses which I had previously done. Just need to tighten one bolt when I do the front engine mount.

Fla, hopefully thanks to a tyrap the acc accelerator cable looks slightly better now.

20210529_121155.jpg

Started fine but I could hear a faint hissing and thought it was the reservoir.  Eventually found it was just the main vac line connection that I had not put on!!! Pillock.

Better pack of the RH bracket that I fitted to an elbow bracket to keep it all together

20210529_121203.jpg

And it works, well moves the flap, but maybe at 4100 revs, not the 4k. So perhaps need to adjust that bit.

Next up one day..... swap over the front engine mount to the Vibra- technica fast road one,

Then

Bonnet cut 😟

Watch this space...

20210529_121145.jpg

I love the look of the Schrick in there, wish I’d held out for an OBD2 elbow at the time instead of flogging mine!

Mine also sat quite high on the left, I always thought it was the length of the Jay Renshaw rear mount but maybe it’s normal. My cutout looks like this:

7B73B09F-D2F7-45DF-9EB6-04946C78BFF7.jpeg

Thanks for the pic Tonedef, seems quite straight forward. I'm still trying to decide on what is best to cut it with too. Hopefully I will get a proper look at the bonnet Shaun has taken off his money pit which also has the cut in.

Lockdown seems less restrictive,  so we need a car chat and coffee. Well when mine is back roadworthy and my leg is better 

53 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Thanks for the pic Tonedef, seems quite straight forward. I'm still trying to decide on what is best to cut it with too. Hopefully I will get a proper look at the bonnet Shaun has taken off his money pit which also has the cut in.

Lockdown seems less restrictive,  so we need a car chat and coffee. Well when mine is back roadworthy and my leg is better 

I cut mine with the die grinder...I’ve got the grinder but the compressor croaked and I haven’t replaced it yet or I’d offer that.

I’m promising to tax mine 1st June so I’ll be commuting in it if there are any good days, could probably shoot over to yours from the office if you’re around.

Wow great job! It's quite more work to fit that I ever imagined. You would think no modifications on things like bonnet, rad, brackets were needed as well. Need determination and patience to make it happen! Very nice to see the progress and keep up the good work! 

16 hours ago, tonedef said:

I cut mine with the die grinder...I’ve got the grinder but the compressor croaked and I haven’t replaced it yet or I’d offer that.

I’m promising to tax mine 1st June so I’ll be commuting in it if there are any good days, could probably shoot over to yours from the office if you’re around.

Keep that promise and get it taxed. I'm not going anywhere for a couple of weeks, so the kettle will be on. 

15 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Wow great job! It's quite more work to fit that I ever imagined. You would think no modifications on things like bonnet, rad, brackets were needed as well. Need determination and patience to make it happen! Very nice to see the progress and keep up the good work! 

👍 thanks mate. I have been putting off doing this even though I have all the bits needed. Seems a big job but I broke it down to small ones. 

Doing the electrics and fitting all the vacuum stuff. Helped that the car was still driveable

Months and months later fitting this

But really need to get on with the bonnet cut so that it can shut 😊. Maybe this week ... . I'm sure I have spent longer thinking about doing this than it will take

Lastly, the front engine mount change.