Keyo

Shift tower bushing kit

These are all the bits I have collected so far - some are duplicates:

IMG_3340.JPG

Edited by fendervg

10 minutes ago, fendervg said:

IMG_3340.JPG

Good stuff mate, I spoke to Vince earlier and he agreed with you to for the billet ones , also agreed no need to change the cables which I'm happy about because of cost . What you want though mate is that clip on the bottom of the shaft and the tube but you cant get it, hopefully yours will be in good condition. Think you might have the bottom shaft clip furthest bag right top - where you get that from ? 

Edited by Keyo

Think it came with this kit - rhat's where the clips came from anyway - if they are the right ones:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/VW-Corrado-Mk3-Golf-Jetta-vr6-Passat-02A-Shift-Cable-Bushing-Box-Rebuild-Kit/361824103274?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

http://www.mk1autohaus.com/

Search functionality is a bit rubbish on the actual site.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:06 PM, Keyo said:

I don't think you can mate you cant get the tube or the end clip on the shaft they are obsolete unless you can find some links would be if good is you can- 

Considering it. 

Have come across this short shift kit from Germany and has the obsolete parts. 

https://www.tzr-motorsport.de/epages/61911476.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61911476/Products/0599[14]

Manufacturer:

- GEMA Motorsport

suitable for:

- VW Corrado Bj. 1988 - 1995

- MKG: KR / 9A / PG / ABV

Description:

The shift path shortening is for VW cable manual gearbox (02A). The standard shift gate is disassembled and replaced by the new shift gate. The shortened shifting lever and another redirection shorten the shifting distance by 35%, since the Corrado already has a shorter shifting distance. The new shift unit has a thread for the shift knob of M12 x 1.5.

Technical specifications:

- 50% reduction in switching travel

- M12 x 1.5 shift knob thread

Assembly instructions:

- no welding work on the bodywork necessary.

- 1: 1 exchange for the series part.

Scope of delivery:

- 1x switching path shortening including assembly instructions

Update don't buy this sits to high in a corrado to work smoothly- go for Dave short shift kit or 02J tower change- also a Mk 4 handbrake and gaiter is a nice mod will need a little modding to fit. . The short shift is advertised for a Corrado but the seller expects you to bend the ball housing down which is not  happening on my car- seller told me in Germany on phone on all VR6 models they sit a little lower so work perfect but just Corrado sits higher )so why don't you put that on sale description ) hey ho !!! 

On 5/11/2020 at 10:28 AM, fendervg said:

IMG_3340.JPG

Fender?  Could you advise where you got the bushings from at all please? Struggling to find them.  Dont need the milled bracket spacers, just the nylon fittings.  Thanks

3 minutes ago, fla said:

Fender?  Could you advise where you got the bushings from at all please? Struggling to find them.  Dont need the milled bracket spacers, just the nylon fittings.  Thanks

Let me take a look through my emails and I will check - I think a combination of dieslegeek and fleabay, but I will see if I can find some receipts.

I bought these parts back in early 2020, so not everything might still be available.

Most of the bits came from dieselgeek:

02A Cabin-Side Bushing Set for 1989-1999 cable shift Volkswagens        $29.00    
02A Plastic Cable Holder 1J0 711 256                        $39.00    
02A Super Slider for 1993-1999 VW                        $29.00    
02A Shift Cable End Bushing Set for 1989 - 1999 MK3 and MK4 cars    1    $29.00    

mk1autahaus_2003 (not longer online under that name)

VW Corrado Mk3 Golf Jetta vr6 Passat 02A Shift Cable Bushing & Box Rebuild Kit
$39.00Unit price $39.00

This last one includes the seals

useful info, many thanks.  Didnt realise they charge that much just for essentially machined plastic!  Although the Autohaus one seems good value.  I'll see if they're trading under a different name

Edited by fla

Yep, not cheap - kits for the Mk2 are cheap as chips, and you could even get a refurb/repair kit direct from VAG at one point.

Just now, fendervg said:

Good spot. Hopefully this helps someone.

It helps me, never heard of them 😆 

👍