seanl82

Stainless hack!

So, I've got a stainless pizza oven for the garden, and there's a FB group and everything! One of the members posted a vid showing a few stainless steel cleaners/restorers side by side on his oven. Anyway, he's into his bikes and apparently it's a well known hack on bike forums to clean exhausts. It's Harpic 10x cleaner! The wife had some in her kitchen cupboard 😉😁 so I thought I'd try it.

That was after a quick 20 second blitz with a cap full and a nail brush. Pretty chuffed with the results to be honest! Quick and very cheap way to restore your stainless bits that are long tarnished. Your welcome! 👍

IMG_20200601_201234.jpg

28 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

So, I've got a stainless pizza oven for the garden, and there's a FB group and everything! One of the members posted a vid showing a few stainless steel cleaners/restorers side by side on his oven. Anyway, he's into his bikes and apparently it's a well known hack on bike forums to clean exhausts. It's Harpic 10x cleaner! The wife had some in her kitchen cupboard 😉😁 so I thought I'd try it.

That was after a quick 20 second blitz with a cap full and a nail brush. Pretty chuffed with the results to be honest! Quick and very cheap way to restore your stainless bits that are long tarnished. Your welcome! 👍

IMG_20200601_201234.jpg

Good post. Like it 👍

Why didn’t I know about this, I’ve been polishing my stainless bike exhaust inch by inch for weeks with solvol. Harpic on the shopping list for the weekend!

Thanks

Once you have cleaned stainless steel johnsons baby oil brings it up even better I use it to clean my stainless steel oven hob- not sure on an exhaust though. 

Edited by Keyo

44 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Once you have cleaned stainless steel johnsons baby oil brings it up even better I use it to clean my stainless steel oven hob- not sure on an exhaust though. 

Yep, gives a great even shine. Just a small amount on kitchen roll and rub over over. 👍

I’ve just had a word with the Mrs about buying an oven and apparently we’ve had one for 18 years, it’s the magic box where the hot food comes from!

10 hours ago, Keyo said:

I might pass on the baby oil!

8 hours ago, Dox said:

I’ve just had a word with the Mrs about buying an oven and apparently we’ve had one for 18 years, it’s the magic box where the hot food comes from!

🤣 is that what they are called... I wondered what that thing was. 

We have a nuclear reactor as well that goes bing just before she gets food out of it. Me and the dogs are scared of that though it also makes wuring noises and lights up, I think this  alters her biorhythms or something though as she’s always a bit prickly when it’s on and shortly afterwards. 
I’ve heard some wives can pull a cake or similar out of the black thing (oven) although I’ve never seen this happen. 

3 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

We have a nuclear reactor as well that goes bing just before she gets food out of it. Me and the dogs are scared of that though it also makes wuring noises and lights up, I think this  alters her biorhythms or something though as she’s always a bit prickly when it’s on and shortly afterwards. 
I’ve heard some wives can pull a cake or similar out of the black thing (oven) although I’ve never seen this happen. 

Our dogs go into a trance with the bing thing, in fact even the door opening without the bing sends them running towards it. I did once open the door quietly after she’d gone to bed and only found a plate, I shut the door quickly before I got teleported to a dark place.

Surely cake only comes from Aldi?

3 hours ago, Dox said:

Our dogs go into a trance with the bing thing, in fact even the door opening without the bing sends them running towards it. I did once open the door quietly after she’d gone to bed and only found a plate, I shut the door quickly before I got teleported to a dark place.

Surely cake only comes from Aldi?

😂😂😂😂 laughing my tit off. Love it