dragon green

Sunroof hard to find parts

17 minutes ago, dragon green said:

https://www.krado.co.uk/

Are doing all those parts, that have been obsolete for years,

Stronger then before

nice find m8

any idea what the quality is like & what parts are needed for a sunroof refurb?

I first saw them here

https://www.corradofarmparts.com/. (USA)

But they are made here (UK) I saw a write up on Facebook and they are supposed to be high quality parts.
I don’t even use my sunroof in case it breaks

I did buy indicator and fog light lenses from CFP , plastic,but the indicator lenses are good quality, and they fit really well, I bought the tinted ones

Great find. We've been working on making these too but these do look good 

Great find this i was beginning to think that this was never going to be sorted

as above i rarely use my sunroof and when i do i cringe waiting for the inevitable failure.

just seen the prices (couldn't see them on my phone for some reason).  Not cheap but i know that a fair amount of work is involved in producing these. We'll continue with the development of our versions, and see if there's any advantage against these ones.

Hi All. I have had a little sabbatical from The CF. ( OMG has it been that long.... 🤔) Was locked out for some time but password reset seemed to work just fine this time around. Happy to answered any or all questions in relation to the Sunroof repair parts. Cheers Krado 

Hi All. I have had a little sabbatical from The CF. ( OMG has it been that long.... ) Was locked out for some time but password reset seemed to work just fine this time around. Happy to answered any or all questions in relation to the Sunroof repair parts. Cheers Krado 

Welcome “home”

13 hours ago, dragon green said:

Welcome “home”

Much appreciated. Thank you kindly. I did have a CF Illness that is all cured now ( Sunday meets and hours and hours of online banter) 😊 and I am still married 🤪. Back to Corrado ownership only this time, the C needs a little more Love and Care. Mrs, has mellowed as well, so All is Good in the Hood 🤭 

That is an amazing miracle. Well done in putting the time and effort into doing this. I hope it is a busy time for you now. 

Shane the forum isn't as busy.

If anyone has a dodgy sunroof, we know where to send them 👍

They look excellent 

I might even use my sunroof now as I have a contingency to get  me out the shit- congrats on making these. 

Edited by Keyo

4 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I might even use my sunroof now as I have a contingency to get  me out the shit- congrats on making these. 

😂😂 never thought about that. Next time I can, I may just go into the garage and use the sunroof 

Dont get me wrong I would take a slick top anyday of the week - I have seen early cars without one but has anyone ever seen a factory VR slick top. Bit less weight to and cleaner lines

58 minutes ago, Cressa said:

That is an amazing miracle. Well done in putting the time and effort into doing this. I hope it is a busy time for you now. 

Shane the forum isn't as busy.

If anyone has a dodgy sunroof, we know where to send them 👍

They look excellent 

Cheers Cressa. From sketch to ready for shipping about 9 weeks. Been a hell of a journey, but I feel I have done my small part with keeping the corrado alive. Worth a mention,  and advise for anybody embarking on such a journey, there is alot work in any mechanical part and the amount of investment,  plus time, is considerable. K

54 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Cheers Keyo. Go for it, it is a wonderful thing 😁

34 minutes ago, dragon green said:

I tried to talk my body man to weld mine shut !

Looks like I’ll be able to see the sun again

Will be running a full and final test of all parts over the weekend. There are a lot of subtle improvements gone into these parts but not so anybody will really notice. I'm going to have mine open even on dull days 😇

These look fantastic mate, well done. I was actually the guy who placed an order with you as soon as you mentioned it then cancelled it as I didn’t realise there was going to be the full solution. Keep us posted on testing please and I’ll look to take the leap as soon as testing is complete 👍😎

47 minutes ago, K-rado said:

Cheers Cressa. From sketch to ready for shipping about 9 weeks. Been a hell of a journey, but I feel I have done my small part with keeping the corrado alive. Worth a mention,  and advise for anybody embarking on such a journey, there is alot work in any mechanical part and the amount of investment,  plus time, is considerable. K

You're not wrong about investment - we've put in a lot of time and money on components, some of which did not then sell in the volumes we expected

2 minutes ago, fla said:

You're not wrong about investment - we've put in a lot of time and money on components, some of which did not then sell in the volumes we expected

Most expensive sunroof in the world,  mine that is 🤪. Still, will be happy to cover costs. This is not my usual gig. Happy to share notes, as there are more parts that may be needed for sunroof repairs. Same parts are shared with the Golf 3, that is if there are any left from scavenger. Sunroof drive cable was a challenge to say the least, and trying to get people to finally make what I designed and understand the critical nature of the components was a tough one. Still, got good manufacturer now that I know can deliver 👍

48 minutes ago, easypops said:

These look fantastic mate, well done. I was actually the guy who placed an order with you as soon as you mentioned it then cancelled it as I didn’t realise there was going to be the full solution. Keep us posted on testing please and I’ll look to take the leap as soon as testing is complete 👍😎

Hah, no problem at all. These things happen. Hopefully will be 100% tested over the weekend. I tested  to destruction the proof of concept so not expecting any nasty surprises this time around 😊

great news - thanks to all for the hard work

these will definitely be on my to buy list as my mechanic is already on stand by for a sunroof strip & rebuild

just need to get the modena's finished 1st lol

2 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

great news - thanks to all for the hard work

these will definitely be on my to buy list as my mechanic is already on stand by for a sunroof strip & rebuild

just need to get the modena's finished 1st lol

Super. Thank  you for your support. Would I do it again?? - not a chance, but once started, one must solider on.

🤔 having said that, I am now going to have to re-design parts number # 722 686 987 L1 and 722 686 988 RE. These are the final weak elements in the sunroof. I have studied it so much now that me head hurts so i know exactly what works and what fails. More to the point, the reasons why. On a more sombre note, the Drive chariots works a treat . YEAH !!!!!

Proof of the pudding vid on FB page