Wilko13

wilkos G60

Hi been lurking for a few months reading through other peoples builds and just being generally nosy.

Thought it was about time I put up a thread and some pictures. not to sure what my plans are as such yet, as I have wanted a corrado for a while so I'm just enjoying it at the moment.

I bought the car in July this year (2021) for the bargain price of 4.5k which I thought was good as they seem to go for a bit more usually.

the car came with a tonn of history including the original receipt from VW. it also had a A4 size book with hand written notes in it so I know the car has been looked after.

It has some small patches of surface rust around the windscreen and unfortunately a hole in the wing, however all this is now getting sorted as its getting fully sprayed as the paint has faded dramatically.

before I bought it the chap fully serviced it including cam belt, he also had the charger fully rebuilt at JABBA. Its a stage 4 charger with a 68mm bully which makes 14.5 psi lovely. Sits on KW coilers and has Libra technics engine mounts, there's also a few subtle mods like the side plastics have been smoothed out, fully debadged, rear wiper deleted and it also seems to had an entire front end swap from the later to the new style. Which tbh not many people would notice unless they are fully corrado nuts.

I would like to get it onto a rolling road as it is supposed to achieve around the 190-200bhp and in all fairness it does shift.

IMG_3954.jpeg

IMG_3955.jpeg

IMG_4213.jpeg

IMG_4328.jpeg

Looks nice and tidy. Are you staying with the original colour for the respray? Any other plans?

p.s. Is that a Bolf sat behind it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks yes Im keeping the original colour as I think it suits it.

yes that is a Bolf I have had that about 10 years, it was my first vw and and built it from scratch. its been sat up for the last 2 years and don't have the heart to get rid of it to the annoyance of the mrs 

IMG_4032.JPG

Well the poor girl has been sat for 6 months waiting for paint. Should have been done months ago. However my local garage has intervened and kicked the guys backside into gear by helping along a bit while they had it in for mot (which it failed). The did a wing repair that just needs skimming over but should be painted very soon ready for beaulieu in June
c2bc08e4543f4d2531ef88c9eb660b3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, like a G60. Good luck the paint! I'm on a 18mth waiting list for mine, just seems to way it is with the decent bodyshops around my area 😞

2 minutes ago, MJA said:

Nice, like a G60. Good luck the paint! I'm on a 18mth waiting list for mine, just seems to way it is with the decent bodyshops around my area 😞

Go north 

Well she has now passed the retest and I’m £700 lighter but it has a clean sheet for the first time in 6 years. All new brake lines front to back. New rear callipers new wheel bearings, replacement headlight. Wing welded up surface rust repair on suspension turret and a few other silly little things. Well chuffed and worth the cash. Just waiting on intercooler so it can be fitted along with a full service. She may be on 240k miles but starting to look and feel like it’s brand new.

I also got this for her in march but couldn’t fit until now
8d089ddea2b77943dff9be44127d9ece.jpg

After waiting 15 weeks it’s finally here new FMIC for the g60 corrado. I Wounder what a difference a £900 intercooler makes

ce2bc6a81592f1c3447624cb39ced48b.jpg

adbfa853e43770b2cd2c550aaaf0327b.jpg

Very nice looking piece of kit - keep us updated on the fitting and what difference it makes

You are definitely getting on with your motor sorted, fantastic 👍

Hadn't noticed the aerial delete, nice touch. Will you have an aerial somewhere else on the car or just stream music?

Are they removing the rear windows and the spoiler rubbers? Looks a little odd to have bare metal'd round them 

The Ariel had already been deleted but planning putting DAB in so will need its own Ariel anyway. As for the rear quarter windows they couldn’t be removed but he is working round them. The seals would pall apart if taken out and can’t get any new ones in time so I made the decision not to remove hopefully I won’t regret it

There is a some good 3M tape @keyo knows about for those rear windows - the tape pulls the rubber sufficiently away from the paint so you get paint under the rubber rather than a hard line alongside it. 

The rubber expands and contracts with temperature changes and if paint not far enough under the rubber you'll see the paint line in the winter and eventually around that hard corner at the rear edge the paint will crack and flake off.

It was for that reason I had my car painted (windows out jobby for me) as I hated seeing the paint line! 

Edited by MJA

I read somewhere that the oscillating power tools can be used to cut the glue and release the quarter windows? Not sure which blade type etc?

Yea the stuff he has used has a plastic edge that goes under the rubber so maybe the stuff ur on about

I'm with MJA and GrahanU, get them out. They only bond back in. 

You will he glad that you did it . What's a little more work... 😂

there is a slight lip around the window seal that can be folded inwards.  means you can paint 'under' the seal without removing the windows, about 3-4mm clearance.  And no paint line either. Had mine done like that about 15 years back and they're still ok there.

Hell yes that looks great.

Get it ceramic coated when you can, to keep it that way 👍