James.

92 VR6 engine ECU

As per title.

Delivered to Lancashire, or can collect if local.

021 906 258 B or CC prefix

Edited by James.

1 hour ago, James. said:

As per title.

Delivered to Lancashire, or can collect if local.

i will check the boxes of parts ive got for you - i know i have some ECU's but think they may be all ABS rather then engine

On 2/15/2023 at 2:12 PM, g0ldf1ng3r said:

i will check the boxes of parts ive got for you - i know i have some ECU's but think they may be all ABS rather then engine

Any Joy ?

17 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

hi james

checked this morning & they are ABS sadly, sorry

17 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

hi james

checked this morning & they are ABS sadly, sorry

No need to apologise, thanks for looking all the same.

Fingers crossed Crasher pulls one out of the bag…

Remind me tomorrow, they are in the unit next to the one I rent out to a motorbike chap and he doesn't do Mondays. He uses my spare compressor which is in the unit so goes in there every morning to fire it up so unlocking and turning the alarm off. I know I have one for a Corrado and one for a Golf 3 VR6 as we broke one of each to build the Golf 2... just not sure where they are, could be in the shipping container next to the unit but last time I went in there it was full of mould, a wasp nest and half a dozen bumble bees; the local feral cat population live under it.

4 hours ago, Crasher said:

Remind me tomorrow, they are in the unit next to the one I rent out to a motorbike chap and he doesn't do Mondays. He uses my spare compressor which is in the unit so goes in there every morning to fire it up so unlocking and turning the alarm off. I know I have one for a Corrado and one for a Golf 3 VR6 as we broke one of each to build the Golf 2... just not sure where they are, could be in the shipping container next to the unit but last time I went in there it was full of mould, a wasp nest and half a dozen bumble bees; the local feral cat population live under it.

Will do.

2 hours ago, Crasher said:

No joy, sorry.

That’s okay. The fact you’ve made an effort and got back to me is very kind of you. Thanks.

Anyone else have an urban zoo they could navigate, and help get my car back on the road ?

3 hours ago, James. said:

That’s okay. The fact you’ve made an effort and got back to me is very kind of you. Thanks.

Anyone else have an urban zoo they could navigate, and help get my car back on the road ?

Closest I’ve got is 021 906 258 CP

6DB69EAC-5863-4A4F-A751-D58A00698D24.jpeg

Edited by easypops

Just a thought, the CP ecu has an immobiliser built in to it (like an obd2 ecu). Would it work to use the ignition halo ring in it, or perhaps an emulator? I assume it could then be used in place of other ecus, eg AG, B, etc

As far as I’m aware, you can’t use a coilpack ecu on a dizzy engine. 92 MY is Bosch motronic 2.7. 93/94/95 are Motronic 2.9. And would require a loom change/rewiring.

The throttle body changed on 93 as well.

That is unless, someone has solid/first hand experience of running a 92 dizzy VR with anything other than a 92 ecu ?

6 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

The maf is 5 pin as well NOT 4 pin. Be better going Obd 2 like I did  

Completely agree. Trouble is it’s for the Campaign, so trying to keep it as original as possible. It had crossed my mind as a “last resort” option though.

Its a tough one James. I have to say that going to OBD2 is one of the best mods I've done on mine. Better driveability, more things to read in vcds and the key thing the fear of stalling on dipping the throttle has gone. 

However, with a campaign, as you rightly say, the originality perhaps needs more consideration

5 hours ago, fla said:

Its a tough one James. I have to say that going to OBD2 is one of the best mods I've done on mine. Better driveability, more things to read in vcds and the key thing the fear of stalling on dipping the throttle has gone. 

However, with a campaign, as you rightly say, the originality perhaps needs more consideration

Is there a link as to what’s required ?

I would imagine it’s a pretty big job as would have to change from dizzy to coilpack and the associated parts/engine plate etc ???

If nothing else it’ll give me some bed time reading material 😴

Engine covers, any with coil pack

Coil pack and bolts for it

Ecu and looms from 97 golf Passat - 

ecu to engine or engine loom and ecu to fuse box

Obd 2/2.8 intake manifold

throttle body

4 pin maf

new ht leads

take it to Vince, about £1k

i got most of my stuff from a guy racing golfs down in Ipswich. He was selling an inlet manifold on eBay and he hooked me up with the rest for reasonable money. I bought a new VDO throttle body. 

On 2/23/2023 at 2:04 PM, James. said:

Is there a link as to what’s required ?

I would imagine it’s a pretty big job as would have to change from dizzy to coilpack and the associated parts/engine plate etc ???

If nothing else it’ll give me some bed time reading material 😴

There was a thread by Science (Neil) who put some excellent detail.  Another one by Carrado (i think that was his username) with some great pics (i believe these will now have gone sadly).  I'll try and dig those out and post up the links

On 2/24/2023 at 2:47 PM, fla said:

There was a thread by Science (Neil) who put some excellent detail.  Another one by Carrado (i think that was his username) with some great pics (i believe these will now have gone sadly).  I'll try and dig those out and post up the links

I used these threads, too.

The thread by Science: VR6 OBD2 Harness Adaptation - Engine Bay - The Corrado Forum (the-corrado.net)
The main thread by C488ADO: How to fit / wire / install obd2 - [Archive] Wiki Submissions & Collaboration - The Corrado Forum (the-corrado.net)

I went the Science route of modifying the Corrado harness, but it is proper time consuming. Just get the Golf harness and put it in - get the Engine harness, too.

You can include your factory Immobiliser in the OBD2 ECU, too: Immobilizer - Ross-Tech Wiki. You need to know the PIN for the Immobiliser (I got this using VAG Tacho and an cheap/copy VAG-Com OBD cable).

Not actually driven it yet, but it idles and revs!

10 hours ago, Philly-R6 said:

I used these threads, too.

The thread by Science: VR6 OBD2 Harness Adaptation - Engine Bay - The Corrado Forum (the-corrado.net)
The main thread by C488ADO: How to fit / wire / install obd2 - [Archive] Wiki Submissions & Collaboration - The Corrado Forum (the-corrado.net)

I went the Science route of modifying the Corrado harness, but it is proper time consuming. Just get the Golf harness and put it in - get the Engine harness, too.

You can include your factory Immobiliser in the OBD2 ECU, too: Immobilizer - Ross-Tech Wiki. You need to know the PIN for the Immobiliser (I got this using VAG Tacho and an cheap/copy VAG-Com OBD cable).

Not actually driven it yet, but it idles and revs!

Thanks Philly. I couldn't find the C488ADO thread, so that's appreciated. And its good to see the pics there too.

I too modified the Golf harness and to be fair it wasn't too difficult with the guide, just time consuming. 

Incidentally what happened to his car? The last i remember KADVR6 (Karl) bought it..

Edited by fla