mooG60

To be, or not to be?

To be, or not to be off a Corrado?

Don't you just hate it when you find something under your car........

Edited by mooG60
deleting photos

Looks like a neolithic axe head to me - time for a trip to the local museum!

In fairness VW are well known for having a part # on practically everything, even the smallest bits.

A couple of guesses from me would be clips that hold on the heat shields or maybe part of the internals of an exhaust rubber hanger? But I've never come across a piece like that before in many years of Corrado tinkering.

Edited by fendervg

Are the two ends of the 'axe head' turned up at all? If so, its likely to be a locking head which fits in a central swivel (that rectangular slot). Those turned up heads stay away from the locking face but just allow it to rotate onto the raised lock profile and hold.

Hope that makes sense and not total gibberish - I'm quite good at that!

3 hours ago, Wullie said:

2028862483_Yalelock.jpg.36dfc00f5b1d202da72b984aca968b90.jpg

Insides of a Yale lock, knew I'd seen it before

I think Wullie wins the Internet Cookie.  I was checking through boxes of Corrado parts, but later that night I knocked over a tub full of old Yale locks. 

Congrats!

8 hours ago, fla said:

Are the two ends of the 'axe head' turned up at all? If so, its likely to be a locking head which fits in a central swivel (that rectangular slot). Those turned up heads stay away from the locking face but just allow it to rotate onto the raised lock profile and hold.

Hope that makes sense and not total gibberish - I'm quite good at that!

You do make sense as that's the type of fitting I was thinking it may be. 

Thank's all.

Me neither, I was torn between the type of fixing fla mentioned, or I thought it may be part of an light bulb holder, possibly from the fog lamps I unboxed. In all fairness, it did not feel like an automotive part to me, but it's good to be sure.

It's quite a fun game actually, I should make it a permanent fixture.  I've accumulated a tin full unknown fixings from my various Corrado parts purchases, or found lose inside the cars. 

I'll have a look in those areas tomorrow and let you know chaps, thanks.

I have a feeling the 3rd piece might be an insert to a plastic part that has broken apart.