Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

MaxPower Forum Chatting About The VR6

I wasnt really fond of them til i had seen the Fast and the Furious and the Corrado in that looked mint. Get one I'd say!

That'd have been a Vento then (Jetta in the states).... Muppet... :roll:

There's some reasonable info in there considering it's lax-flower.... although there's some utter crap too! :lol:

I wasnt really fond of them til i had seen the Fast and the Furious and the Corrado in that looked mint. Get one I'd say!

WTF is he talking about? i think the fumes from his quad six inch pipes is getting to his head :D

Oh dear... 4 posts in and they've already mistaken a Jetta for a Corrado... muppets

Edit (there will be many!): :lol: £6700!!?!?! :lol: ohh man they saw him coming!

Edit edit: Well hey I'm glad they know nothing about them and think the Golf is better, it stops numpties like them buying up Corrados and making a mess of them. If he spent all his money to buy that C and is expecting it to be as cheap as a Golf to run, he's gonna be selling it again REAL quick :D

"How do you justify calling a corrado a sports car - there's room for the wife, kids, the dog and the (dreaded) shopping in there?"

In my opinion this is some of the major factors that makes a sports car or at least a sports coupé.......how many ferraris and lambos do u take your wife out with to pick the kids up and do the shopping on the way home and then a quick whizz thru mac d's drive thru.......

shopping all u need is a big limit credit card in a corrado lol ohh and the local VAG dealers location

And the owner saying it looks crap as standard and he was gonna look into body kits...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

In defence these guys dont give a sh1t abt the corrado simply because they're not made any more and cant get their mummies and daddies to get one for them on h/p..and also most of them dont kno what is it or prob there isnt enuff room for 2x18" subs in the back... neither could they be ble to get 6 ppl in the back and has u all kno revering a corrado is hard enuff for normal people and imagine these jokers doing a drive thru with their burberry caps on,,,its not gonna happen.....

lthough some of the guys was talking a bit of sense,,,overall very interesting views from interesting characters

BIG UP

£6700 was probably quite a good deal at the time, considering that thread is over two years old!

Ahh ok, I didn't look at the date. I wonder if he's still got it...

£6700 was probably quite a good deal at the time, considering that thread is over two years old!

yeah hes got a nova stylee bodykit and one of them extra doors on the roof and chromoflare paint with neon door handles and tartan vinyl interior and some of them exhaust neons.........go oing for sale soon as a rare storm edition on ebay.............most probly

yeah hes got a nova stylee bodykit and one of them extra doors on the roof and chromoflare paint with neon door handles and tartan vinyl interior and some of them exhaust neons.........go oing for sale soon as a rare storm edition on ebay.............most probly

:lol: and 6 exhausts :D

8) see ur a qualified Max Sh1te spotter :-P :mrgreen:

I live in Essex mate...it's unavoidable :roll:

RS Turbo's rare in those areas are they LOL :D

RS Turbo's rare in those areas are they LOL :D

:roll:

to my knowledge in terms of 'basing on' A3 = corrado = golf = TT in no particular order. I think the scirocco might also be from the same mould. By the way the V6 4 motion suffers from the same issues as the Synchro and Rallaye ie - differentials and 4wd tramissions are HEAVY!! Does anyone know the quoted stats on Corrado vs. Golf? What about G60 corrado vs. G60 golf?

Corrado=Golf=TT WTF!

Thanks Furki-i needed a good laugh. I like the fact 80% of what they were saying was complete balls-keep them away from the corrados! If the guy didnt like the look of the VR he bought-then why spend almost £7k buying one!

Cheers Fraser

"Watch for usual VW stuff, electrical system, CV Joints"......do what? Can't say I've ever had any problems with these areas of VWs in the last nine years. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I think it's more likely that it's not true.

"IMHO most body kits ruin the cars lines, in fact i would not fit one."....finally some sense.

There was a guy on the Vortex site running around in a Golf VR6 with 300+K on the clock.....all original allegedley, apart from the clutch, which was changed at something silly like 200K!

Perhaps the engine never revved over 2500rpm..?

Though treated properly, I'm sure these engines will stand that mileage. It's the airport taxi syndrome - constant use, all day long, every day, and a car can take 250, 300k miles in a couple of years and not require ANY work (other than wear items like brakes). Run it for 5 minutes each day on a 2-mile commute and it'll be dead in those same 2 years though..

You're probably right, 55mph max speed over there, which is just over 2000rpm in 5th isn't it?

And don't forget it's the 2.8 engine, which appears to resist premature bore wear better than the 2.9

I love to reply to that topic to wind them up a little, but I simply cannot bring myself to register on Max Power forum...