Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Daily driver or not?

Well when mine finally comes back from the bodyshop, it's going to be a daily driver. Like Valver says, I'm buggered if I'm spending this much money on the C and not going to drive it!

Daily driver here too, about 270 mile a week, just done a trip up to Scotland, 960 mile round trip and she ran like a dream, even got some respect from a Skyline on the M6 nr junction 23 about 11ish on Sat night. Mind you he did leave me standing after about 4 miles!

mines a daily driver too . gotta get myself another car though as i feel sorry for her driving her through london traffic everyday

Mines a daily driver too 300-400 miles per week. Its what its made for, no point in it being locked away all the time. I'd rather use it and repair it when parts wear than have it deteriorate in a garage somewhere.

I think you appreciate it more when it earns its keep as well as being a toy.

gladly mine is a daily driver i love driving it and wouldnt have it any other way!! :D

got a mk1 golf gti too for trackdays and supposed to be at the weekends but i just cant stop driving my C, :D

luckily my drive to work is about 15 miles of b roads and dual carraidegway/ motorway, which the rrado simply laps up,, (once i get 2 miles outta the lanes), bought her with 57000 a year ago on 67000 now,,, 8)

Mines a daily driver too 300-400 miles per week. Its what its made for, no point in it being locked away all the time. I'd rather use it and repair it when parts wear than have it deteriorate in a garage somewhere.

I think you appreciate it more when it earns its keep as well as being a toy.

If you're going to buy a car and not drive it, then you might as well collect garden gnomes instead :lol:

I put about 30 -40 miles on mine every day, love to drive it, hate to look at the milage creeping up!! I'll hit 49k by the end of this week! Ouch! Will hurt even more when it hits 50. Still, the C is there to be enjoyed!!

My golf is a daily driver during the so called 'summer' months, but come the winter it goes into hibernation, this year some pretty extensive surgery is planned to take place also.

daily driver

Cant afford anything else. lives in the drive or even in the road.

might buy a mk1 golf for the winter

G

Dependant on age, Brentacre might be able to offer a good solution.

I am with them and looked at the 2nd car with um but i am a yr to young for there scheme. 25 you need to be

My last C was a daily drive, and whatever the next one is will also be a daily driver.

Luckily i do have another cheapy mobile to drive should i need to, but it wont last forever. Other bouns is i only work a few miles from home.

daily driver but im only 8 miles from home so nothing too bad although im sure all the stop start traffic doenst do wonders for the car!! most weekends its out and about though so it gets to stretch its legs then!

Daily driver - 140k miles, still drives fantastic and looks good; no matter how much you drive it, the car still has the "grin factor" when you press the loud pedal...

Daily driver for the woman,she does 6 miles a day and didnt used to go over 3,000 rpm

bought it with 46k on it and now has 51k

it gets 3 lots of oil per annum due to its town miles.

it does about 5-6k a year.

she would rather use it than use the mitsubishi. DOH !

daily driver here too and work horse its amazing what you can fit in a corrado when you try,currently in my c i have 6 porche wheels 2 toyo proxi's three bags of cement a baby seat and 7 lenths of 3+2 wood...

Mine is a daily driver..... used to do 100 miles a day in it, but now only 40 as I've changed jobs.

I've covered 28,000 miles in 18 months of ownership and in that time it's never broken down, nothing has fallen off, it's used about 5 litres of oil and has always looked shiney and clean - when I can be arsed to clean it.

Some people slate the C as having poor paint and are unreliable but that's untrue. Show me a really rusty Corrado and I'll show you 10 times as many MK3s with rotten tailgates and inner wings.

Keep on top of the maintanence, and Corrados *are* reliable.

K

Mine is a daily driver..... used to do 100 miles a day in it, but now only 40 as I've changed jobs.

I've covered 28,000 miles in 18 months of ownership and in that time it's never broken down, nothing has fallen off, it's used about 5 litres of oil and has always looked shiney and clean - when I can be arsed to clean it.

Some people slate the C as having poor paint and are unreliable but that's untrue. Show me a really rusty Corrado and I'll show you 10 times as many MK3s with rotten tailgates and inner wings.

Keep on top of the maintanence, and Corrados *are* reliable.

K

Nothing stays on your car long enough to fall off! :lol: it's been replaced before it even had the chance to think about breaking! :D

Mine a daily driver too, but thankfully it's only 10 miles to work so I can keep the milage down. My Ghia is the weekend car (when it's sunny), I'm not sure where the Type 3 Notch will fit in when I finally get it back on the road.

Mine's a daily driver too - but i did try a cheap second car earlier this year, problems were i wasent savein money, cause for the few miles to work i drove dint really justify it, the 400quid insurance, mot, tax and running costs. I hated drivein it too, made me appreciate the corrado more, i survived a whole month with it, before gettin my money back on the car, but losein a lot to the insurance company.

Good things were hittin speed ramps at speed, tryin to kerb it when parking, dumpin it, taxi five doors was good too and listening too old dreamscape tapes cause it only had a tape deck.