Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

HIGHEST MILEAGE CORRADO???

Understandably there is often a lot of talk about how low the mileage on people's Corrado's but as this car is very well built I w as wondering what the highest mileage is people have on there Corrado's :? particularly VR6'S mine has 133k and still feels really new but t hen I have never owned another Corrado before so don't have much to compare to. :wink:

Thanks

Sam.

145k on my first valver with usual wear and tear, and currently got 133k on new one, rising 15 - 20k/ year

....not bad for a 14 year old motor :D will be putting it into retirement soon though

my 8v golf has over 220k on it on the same engine and gearbox dunno what the exact milage is as the odometer stopped working on it over a year ago

Valvers MK2 Golf GTI is stunning, yet it has over 220,000 miles on it if I remeber - the 16v engine is a bit tired however and a VR6 lump is shortly going to be dropped in to replace it :)

The 8 valve golf had 163k on it

once we had done 5 k we realised the speedo kept at 160k+

was ok until it blew at knockhill,but we had sold it by then....

Mines up to about 170K, but the clocks in the dash say 45K :)

I am the same as henny adding close to 20K a year! Proper Corrado driving eh Henny! :)

Jay

Henny, Do you commute to Addis Abbaba ??

Nope, Salford Quays, although it feels a similar distance some mornings! :roll: I do have a habit of going for a little drive some nights which can end up somewhere silly like Cardiff, just 'cos I was bored and my insomnia had kicked in again... :| (I live near Macclesfield, so you can gauge how far that is! :oops: )

Mines up to about 170K, but the clocks in the dash say 45K :)

I am the same as henny adding close to 20K a year! Proper Corrado driving eh Henny! :)

Jay

Definately mate... and my clocks have got about the same amount of milage missing off 'em too, although not by my choice... :roll: :lol:

I don't see the point in having a car I've put this much work into if I'm not gonna enjoy it... that's why I bought the car in the first place! 8)

my vr6 has done 148K

i had a pug 309 gti once. once it got into the 90,000's every single part of the car broke.

the big ends went, the gearbox, the rings, the lot.