Sign in to follow this  
joby

Milltec backfire

Two Questions

After having my superb milltec on for a week now I have noticed a loud Backfire after say coming off the sliproad of the carriagway if you accelerate hard to the Redline on changing to second it pops loudly, im wondering if the combination of the K&N and Milltec have changed the emissions slightly and its over fueling it doesnt seem to be pinking :? Any ideas.. Also ive just put four TOYO proxes t1s on 205/40/17s and wondering how long they take to run in as they dont seem to feel as good in the dry as the nasty old Stunners i had before. the tyre fitter didnt seem to know what pressures to put in, He`s put 36 front and 34 rear im wondering if this is too much.. any ideas please :?

those are the recommended Tyre pressures for the 1.816v on 15's, if your comfortable with those pressures then leave em'! if not try 30/32 or there abouts, I also have Toyo T1's, they felt s**t when i first put them on, take it easy for a bout 100 miles then they will feel 100 times better!

Sorry cant help with the noise coming from your rear though :wink:

cheers joebrent i will experiment on the pressures i think the car feels nice on these pressures but just doesnt seem to handle the same, maybe they just need running in :|

Millteks do that - nothing to worry about ;)

Mine pops religiously at 1500rpm. Entertains me a traffic lights every day 8)

Nor mamly ppl put in around 30-32 psi

I tend to run abt 34psi in summer and 29psi in winter and the handling is spot on in the cold wet months

Just had a Milltek fitted to my G60 and it does the same thing - got a saxo driving scrote with it the other day - got right next to him for the gear change and BANG! right next to the open window - bloody great.

My Milltek pops and farts too.......sounds cool :lol:

You should hear the popping on my mate's scoob.... jeez, it must wake the dead!

Yup, my milltek does the same, quite like it. The good thing is that it only does it when revving the engine a bit harder, with normal "slouch" driving style, it doesn't pop, just sounds nice.

Tempest

I don´t have a miltek but i have a similar one.

It pops when i rev hard to redline and change gear really quickly!

The car is not running rich neither lean.

I LOVE IT!!! :D

Milltek's cust sev is excellent too,,, mine ordered on special delievery after 5 days on a insurance Gurantee

still pops and bangs,,,,,its amazing how much power u lose when u break an exhaust

My Powerflow pops a lot too.

I was just going to mention Powerflow, because if you want popping/rasping and all sorts, almost nothing beats a nicely set up Powerflow system (as witnessed on my Storm Rocco :lol: ).

Tempest

First of all, lets give Saxo drivers a rest. Before my G60 I had a VTR and it's agreat car and a nicely set up VTS on a track would see off most Corrado's because it weight as much a cigarette packet! Anyway, does the Miltek system drone on the motorway or is fairly quiet if you're just cruising? I had a Magnex on my Saxo and it was perfect, not too loud but a nice growl if you gave it beans.

I have a crappy Bosal system on my Mk2 Golf GTI .tipped off with a Remus back box.

I can get it to pop at will and, oh my God,does it pop! Scared about half a dozen people standing at a bus stop the other day,all jumped after I went past,revved it a little and changed down to go round a bend and BANG!! :-P

Big grins and good fun. :lol: