Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Missing my VR6...

I have got to admit it but now I have got over the 'new car' syndrome I am beginning to miss my VR6.

I dont know why because my FTO is a stonking car and gets alot of attention where ever it goes - the girls love it :lol:

But it just doesnt feel right - after 5yrs of Corrado ownership and not having one for 3 weeks now I'm tempted to sell the FTO and go out and buy another Corrado :oops:

Give it time. You'll look back on your first year of FTO ownership and suddenly realise you were only fleeced once, for oil and filter!!! It'll be a culture shock!

You will stop the sleep-walking into the garage and forlornly gazing at your lovely tool kit, and wondering when you're ever going to need to use it again. There is life after Corrado... ;)

I dont know why because my FTO is a stonking car and gets alot of attention where ever it goes - the girls love it :lol:

Although the C gets looks from both sexes.. ;)

Trying to tell us something there Dinkus? :flower: :lol:

I actually meant everyone looks at it mate - in fact on two or three occasions people have literally stopped what they are doing and stared at the FTO :o - it gets alot of attention - too much to be honest...

My missus is accusing me of not giving the FTO a chance and in a way she is right... we'll see how it goes might even buy a 3rd car :o

But to be fair the VR6 cost me next to nothing in 2 1/2 yrs of ownership... wasnt complaining about reliability but I did sell it before the chains / clutch / etc needed doing.... :oops:

You look at C's when they drive past don't you ;)... :lol:

In the same boat, miss the C big time. Cant wait to get my hand on another one, got to get the Corrado bug out of my system before i move onto other cars.

Four magic words ....

We told you so.

lol sorry I couldn't resist! I suppose a nice tidy C as a weekend car is not an option?

LOL - I know how you feel.. I felt the exact same way.

You will notice benefits.. ie not coming out to the car on a morning and groaning that there is a new noise, or something doesn't work.. and fuel economy seems better in ANY other car. But it just aint the same.. and as Tom says, we all told you so ;)

LMFAO :lol:

what a wierd choice to do,

getting rid of a VR6 for an FTO?

:lol:

You should try and read back through the threads on this to understand why he did it rather than just making a sweeping generalistation M777CUSGTI!

Oh dear Scott.....it's a shame to hear that mate. You can't be missing the VR *that* much, surely?

Deep down you'll always hold a candle to your old flame. As good at cross-stitching the MIVEC sewing machine is, it will never match the raw, gruntiness of the toe-rope stitching powers of the VR :lol:

Jees...... am I a peculiar bloke or what? Where the heck do these odd analogys come from? LOL!

Must be something in the water in East Anglia.. first dinkus is commenting on the looks he recieves from both sexes and now you are talking about sewing machines.

God knows what Supercharged is gonna come out with!

As good at cross-stitching the MIVEC sewing machine is, it will never match the raw, gruntiness of the toe-rope stitching powers of the VR :lol:

:lol:

Must be something in the water in East Anglia.. first dinkus is commenting on the looks he recieves from both sexes and now you are talking about sewing machines.

It's Yeast Angular actually Jim :wink:

Didn't you know this region is famed for it's embroidery skills and leather clad blokes admiring Dinkus in his Corrado? It's his hair, I swear. Poor bloke, he's always the butt of our jesting but he's such a top bloke......ahhhh!

Supercharged......well, Alan Partridge is his hero, so enough said really, LOL!

Don't forget us East Angulans are top innovators......lupo rear wipers, high level brake lights etc etc :wink:

It's Yeast Angular actually Jim :wink:

Didn't you know this region is famed for it's embroidery skills and leather clad blokes admiring Dinkus in his Corrado?

Supercharged......well, Alan Partridge is his hero, so enough said really, LOL!

:lol: :lol: At least he doesn't drive a Lexus...yet...

"Ladyboys... fascinating creatures."

Ahem.. should stop taking over Scotts thread I think :)

Fair point on the 'told u so' but as Jim rightly says I did this for a reason and that reason was I have had Corrados for over 5 yrs in total and was the only real sports car have owned - I wanted to try something new....

The FTO is a great car and certainly holds a candle to the VR6 in some aspects - in fact a few reviews compare them with the VR6 Corrado and thats what made me chose the FTO especially with the comparisons to the Teg 'R'

As for having one as a weekend car... thats exactly what my FTO is supposed to be... :lol: - Diesel for work...

I have cheered up a bit now anyway as been looking at what I can do to make it a little quicker as the chassis is crying out for even more power...

... I do miss my Corrado though but I think this is more down to having had them so long than it actually being a better car.

By the way the FTO forum guys hold the Corrado in high respect if you ever want to pop over 8)

Might be worth a gander Scott.. get a bit of cross forum banter going. Whats the URL for it? :)

dr_mat - "A pint of the black stuff?" - "What?! You can't drink an entire pint of Bovril!!" :)

You should try and read back through the threads on this to understand why he did it rather than just making a sweeping generalistation M777CUSGTI!

why dont you tell me jim :wink: