Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Bonrath Lowering caps

I was first alerted to the existance of these products a couple of days ago

http://www.bonrath.de/e/go.htm

I want to change to the H&R spring but i want to keep the lower ride height of the koni's... so these seem to be the perfect answer.

Does anyone have any experience of these or know where in the UK they can be purchased and at what price?

Thanks

i remember these things from way back.

they give you like a 15mm or so drop.

at the time (this was in 1997) they were advertised for mk1 golfs

theoretically they should work

so long as they are strong enough for the weight of the vr6 front end

suck 'em and see!

Ive used them twice on my Golf and now Corrado. They do lower the front but its only really about 10mm but this is often just enough to get the front level with the back. There are a few differnt available like Bonrath and JOM. I got mine from Eurotek but BigBoysToys and Venom have them.

do you have the eurotek website address? i cant find it

do you have the bonrath or JOM ones? i never heard of JOM but i found them on the venom site for £30

i think they will work with any spring with the early pig tail type.... i just cant remember if the early pig tail is the bigger or smaller one now... :mad: i think the early type is bigger.

do you have the eurotek website address? i cant find it

do you have the bonrath or JOM ones? i never heard of JOM but i found them on the venom site for £30

Let me know what you come up with as I need some too. Don't forget you will need the correct cap for the H&R springs as they only make one springs for the early VRs (larger diameter top coil). Or is it late cars (narrow top coil)? I can't sodding remember, Vince will know for sure.

So to summarise, there are two different size VR6 top plates. You need to get the correct one and sods law the lowering cap manufactures won't have the one needed for the H&R springs :x

Eibachs come in either late or early style, so you'll need to check. Yours is a late VR, so chances are you're using the small pig tail cap.

Im not sure what all the debate is on the spring top size, but I know venom does caps for both sizes, I guessed wrong on my golf and had to swap them :oops:

If they do both sizes then that's cool, but people needed to know there is a difference to stop them ordering the wrong ones :wink:

I called venom and they said they don't do them for the corrado because it's to much hassle because of the different size's..

Yeah so i noticed but that's what they said when i called them , i also got the same reply from everyone else i called about them (to much hassle)