Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Toyo T1-S's REALLY don't do wet weather...

Oh don't pull that one out. Michelin and Bridgee have enough money to p*** away on F1 and that's about it. It's not like they then go and use much/any of that on their road tyres.

OK, what ever. Just remember who lost it on the roundabout and what tyres I was using.

The new shape Bimmers are quite quick mate, a lot of low down torque, so I wouldn't dwell on that too much.

I was pretty confident i'd get im - he flew past me at a set of lights and took my turn off home down a little bit of dual carriageway so I figured i'd have to remind him not to look down at all 12 year old cars in the same way :) :D

Anyway - didn't want to turn this into too much of a punch up. Just thought i'd mention my thoughts on them.. i'll say that they do seem very good in the dry and to be honest they are probably one of the better types of tyre in this price range for overall ability. But having only ever had some random and overpriced Dunlop tyres, Eagle F1's, and Toyo's on my Corrado's I dont exactly have a lot of tyre experience to go on! :)

I think its probably a bit unfair to compare T1-S's the Eagle F1's as they are in a different league - but cause my local tyre centre sells the F1's so cheap, I am just used to sticking em in a pretty low price bracket.

Oh don't pull that one out. Michelin and Bridgee have enough money to p*** away on F1 and that's about it. It's not like they then go and use much/any of that on their road tyres.

OK, what ever. Just remember who lost it on the roundabout and what tyres I was using.

:lol: yeah but they were shitty Hancook Ventus pile-o-wank things. No F1 premise there...

they fit toyos to some high end sports cars now...even the evos,unless youve tried every tyre out there,with the same set up,same tyre pressures same road conditions,etc then your not really in a posistion to judge tyres,given the manufacturers spend millions on research and testing

Indeed.. I think Toyo's are standard fit on TVR's arent they? No wonder they are such a handful ;) :D

they fit toyos to some high end sports cars now...even the evos,unless youve tried every tyre out there,with the same set up,same tyre pressures same road conditions,etc then your not really in a posistion to judge tyres,given the manufacturers spend millions on research and testing

I have tried them all.

Stick to your Poxies if it makes you happy.

I have tried them all.

Stick to your Poxies if it makes you happy.

Kev, you aint budging on this one :lol:

[i think its probably a bit unfair to compare T1-S's the Eagle F1's as they are in a different league - but cause my local tyre centre sells the F1's so cheap, I am just used to sticking em in a pretty low price bracket.

The F1 is too soft to be considered a great dry tyre mate, but in the wet they are among the very best out there. The F1 breaks away in the dry quicker than most tyres I've tried and it's down to the squidgy sidewall that I keep harping on about. The GSD3 is a step in the right direction, but they're not quite there yet.

PMSL!! What ever gives you that impression?? :lol:

It's always the same...everybody is biased towards their own oils, brake pads and tyres and woe betide anyone that begs to differ. Sure I am as guilty as sin on that front but given I've had VWs for 14 years and have tried all the products out there, I feel I can offer a considered & experienced opinion.

PMSL!! What ever gives you that impression?? :lol:

It's always the same...everybody is biased towards their own oils, brake pads and tyres and woe betide anyone that begs to differ. Sure I am as guilty as sin on that front but given I've had VWs for 14 years and have tried all the products out there, I feel I can offer a considered & experienced opinion.

as with the rest of us kev

lol..im not having a go kev,just saying because you think they are sh!t it doesnt mean they are sh!t,toyos have had some good reviews off experts so how can they be so crap? look at these reviews http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/171952.phtml

No worries...... I think my tone comes across all wrong on here. I need a bottle of Oasis to chill with the still 8)

I suppose all I was trying to get across in an albeit aggressive manner is that of all the tyres I've tried (with identical geometry and pressures) the F1s and Bridgestones *seem* to give the best all round results......but they're not cheap and not everybody can afford them and I guess I should take that into consideration before spouting off.....So I hereby apologise for my tone tonight :oops:

I suppose all I was trying to get across in an albeit aggressive manner is that of all the tyres I've tried (with identical geometry and pressures) the F1s and Bridgestones *seem* to give the best all round results......but they're not cheap and not everybody can afford them and I guess I should take that into consideration before spouting off.....So I hereby apologise for my tone tonight :oops:

So instead of being aggressive you've decided to be patronising towards those poor saps who CAN'T afford "good" tyres? ;)

bait mode> :lol:

my toyos are super sticky in the dry

and they work good enough in the wet, but then i dont drive too nuts in the wet.

i wouldnt class them as a budget tyre at all, as they wear out quick.

also adverse wet handling could be another chassis related issue.

I had toyos on my honda............* ah a quite moment to remember the honda*......ok...

Yeah it was a lighter car but the wet and dry grip was fine i thought..never had any problems

I have Michelin Pilot exalto things on my vr6 now ....wet weather....what wet weather!!

I have just fitted Michelin Pilot Exalto 2's to my Golf and i have to say they are danm good in the wet and dry. dont look as good as the Exalto 1, but looks aint what its about.

i have T1s on my VR and they seem cool to me, wear out quick tho.

i might be trying pilot sport exalto 2 soon what they like in comparison to T1'S

Bally, u need a G60 to sort all ur issues out LOL

They seem pretty good,

took the golf for a good rip through the back roads of Buckinghamshire the other day and I can say for sure that they are better than the yoko-539's I was running, and much quieter than the old Exalto's too.

i might be trying pilot sport exalto 2 soon what they like in comparison to T1'S

Bally, u need a G60 to sort all ur issues out LOL

#

Nah cos you've got one :p

rather have a TURBO :D