Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

carpoids Australian C, SOLD, R32 bought!

Hi all,thought i'd put a couple of pics of my C up. They were taken when i first got it back in May when it had 43k

Now it has 51K, Stage 4 charger and lupo wipers, otherwise original condition.

BBS RS 003's (7x16) are on their way to me, fitting them with a suspension upgrade early next year.

I'm moving to Australia mid 2005 and taking it with me..........

Will update pics

To Oz......Man that won't be cheap, Why not buy one over there????

Erm, they never sold them over there.... :(

There IS a Storm in New Zealand though ;)

To Oz......Man that won't be cheap, Why not buy one over there????

Erm, they never sold them over there.... :(

There IS a Storm in New Zealand though ;)

that guy still got his storm over in NZ then?

There IS a Storm in New Zealand though

I spent 5 weeks in NZ and saw 1 Corrado in Auckland, loads of Skylines though, they are like Saxos over there :wink:

you will be one of a kind out there in a C. You dont see many VWs, let alone corrado's, in Oz as they cost a fortune to import. Most people buy Jap or the Aussie favourite............the trusty Ford or Holden V8 Ute.

Where abouts you heading? I lived in Melbourne for a year and loved it. Wish I was there this christmas..........

Here is a typical ute

Nice C you have there too!

Yeah i had a 4.0l 6cyl Falcon Wagon, was a big fat slug. I travelled all over oz in that ! Friend of mine had a V8 ute like that one!! Back wheels span like feck !!

Not many VW's but I did meet a guy with a mk 2 golf 16v . I'm heading for Sydney with a boot full of records and Corrado bits, will be replacing many parts before i go aswell.

Considering taking another C or mk2 16v Golf maybe to sell out there.

Cheers for the comments

Quick pic of my new wheels. Just tryed them on and realised the fronts are rubbing on the calipers. Anyone else had this trouble with RS or RM and know what spacers i'll need ?

Quick pic of my new wheels. Just tryed them on and realised the fronts are rubbing on the calipers. Anyone else had this trouble with RS or RM and know what spacers i'll need ?[/quote

RMs shouldn't touch as they were std on the GTI G60 with 280mm brakes. They look like RSs though, they should still clear unless they are a funny offset or bent?????

Sure it's not a balance weight catching, or just the disk scuffing the pads that is making the noise?

Would a thin spacer make them clear..

Gavin

Nice looking car. 8) Bring 2 if you can.

I know a few people who are desperate to get there hands on one.

Jay, this smells like a business opportunity mate. Whats the score with importing then? One car each? Can I scam one in with each of my kids do you think? :lol:

Any other costs apart from registration and some kind of roadworthiness test?

What would be a popular C to bring supposing one were to bring one? I'd have thought VR6 with aircon.

Cheers

Gavin

ET25 should be further from the caliper I would have thought. I know some folk who have 'clearanced' their calipers with an angle grinder to make some wheels go over 280s. It probably wouldn't take much to do the job..

Gavin

Cheers Gavin, they're et25 so i didn't think i would have any hassle, pretty sure they hit the calipers cos i could see where they had rubbed the dust off them. think i'll have another go, maybe it was a weght (i hope)

I'd just whizz some off with a grinder and paint the caliper. Prolly not a weight, I just clocked they are 16s.

Gavin

Cheers dudes ! Gav if you want to import a car to Aus either you must of owned it for a min of 12 months OR it must be 15 or more years old, only one car per person aswell. Could take an early G60 / 16v .

Hmmm.

Need to get 2 VRs quick then. Not had medicals yet.

Could do a couple of 16Vs with VRs dropped in the boot.

Whats the score with the 12 months, can you tippex the logbook and get a stamp kit from WHSmiths??

Gavin

Nice looking car. 8) Bring 2 if you can.

I know a few people who are desperate to get there hands on one.

Jay, this smells like a business opportunity mate. Whats the score with importing then? One car each? Can I scam one in with each of my kids do you think? :lol:

Any other costs apart from registration and some kind of roadworthiness test?

What would be a popular C to bring supposing one were to bring one? I'd have thought VR6 with aircon.

Cheers

Gavin

Just noticed you post gavin.

It would be great to bring a few more over as they would sell so quickly.

The problem as carpoid mentioned is the rule of one per year and having owned and used it for the year.

I have heard the import rules are changing in a few weeks but not to sure how they will effect personal imports though.

The other way out is to perhaps buy a early corrado and fit it out with late model engine etc but perhaps do all the work over on that side as getting everything would be much easyier.There only worried about when the chassis was registered but the engine could be anything.

Your right though.It could make a profitable business :wink:

Suprising what a bit of lowering, new rims, new spoiler and black badges can do !! What do you guys think, just another rado on some RS' ?

Dscf1833.jpg

DSCF1843fillflashcrop.jpg

What do you guys think, just another rado on some RS' ?

There are only a handful, looks good