Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

carpoids Australian C, SOLD, R32 bought!

What do you guys think, just another rado on some RS' ?

There are only a handful, looks good

and there are never enough if you ask me... looks excellent carpoid mate :D

Cheers guys, must say i've done plenty of searches and i only came across 2 rado's with 16'' RS, one was the new blue premier one in PVW.

Not sure what to do with the Rear lights - to all red or red/smoke .......whatcha think

Dscf1819.jpg

all reds... black tops look cak IMO! Sweet looking ride you have dude 8)

EDIT: will have some for sale in the next month or so if you're interested?

Yeah, i was always more keen on all reds, don't suppose someone could photoshop 'em red but leave the reverse lights clear could they, cheers !

cars looking wicked.......

I kinda like the black tops.....have a look in my album as there is a shot of a black C with reds and black rear lights

Just putting this pic (taken by youngdub) of mine at Inters last weekend, for my archive. Trying to make a decision on what to do engine wise now, seriously thinking and reading about the 16VG60 conversion, but its no easy job and it ain't cheap !! Any advise welcome !!

A 51K G60.....you Jammy sod!

I'd leave it as it is personally, a G60 with that few miles and all original is a rare thing.

Get a cheap old banger of a 16V if you want to mod one imo!

Cheers guys - thanks for that link Bally, i've seen it before but handy to have it stored here !!

Funny you should say that Kev i've been thinking that today at work !! Seems a shame in some ways to mod a perfectly good G60 to that extent.

Can't make my mind up if i even want to do the chip and pulley etc.

Maybe a toothed belt S/C drive, FMIC and oil cooler will do it. Any other suggestions ?? Water injection maybe ??

sweet lookin car i cant wait to get some tyres on my rs's and get them on

when you off to aussie then, i lived in brisbane for a year and love the place will be going back at some point - hopefully with my g60 keep posting info on shipping one, costs, time, .

i asked some guys in n.z. where i grew up and it seems almost imposible!!

good luck dude!.

Cheers cobbers. Car is being shipped next week with 'Karman Shipping', gotta love that name !! Its costing me £1500 for a 'sole use' container where i can fill it up with personal items at no extra charge. It takes a month to get there - which isn't bad considering ordinary sea-mail takes 3 months. I'll be biting my nails until November the 16th when it arrives !!

I'll keep the thread updated incase others have similar plans, PM me colourblind, if you think i can help ..........

1500 quid ... not bad man and do you know if theres any import taxes or other charges to get road legal???

they wont have a clue there either it'll be well funny when you can trash some of there v6's they wont see it coming!

i had a 4 litre v6 cortina estate over there 1975 i think complete with sun visor and nice vynal front bench!

looking good m8..

do you run the BBS rims all year round?? I'd love a set of them rims..

colourblind, Australian import taxes on most cars is 10% duty and 10% GST. Duty is paid on the customs value and GST is paid on the total of the customs value +duty+cost of shipment. So i've set aside another £1000 for this then 'rego' (tax, registration and 3rd party insurance) about £200 :roll: Still a little un sure on all of this and what the value of my car is over there. I'll update this thread once i've picked it up and paid for everything !!

Bally, cheers for compliment dude, i put the RS' on in March and where i'm going theres no need for winter wheels !! 8)

Well, this could be the last time i see my car !! Unless they float that is !!??

Its on its way to Sydney Australia, where i should pick it up on November the 16th.............. look i cleaned it Kev !!!!

G60.jpg

Get ready with the touch up stick on the other side.. from what I understand they don't exactly mother peoples cars during loading / unloading :(

Such a lovely rado, one of my personal favourites...

shame i'll not get to see it again - maybe a trip to oz will be in order!

heheh, scare some of theose Holdens mate...! :lol: