CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

what rear brakes are you running Mr B?

Undecided at the moment coxy. I haven't got round to making the custom rear wishbones so it very much depends on that I think. Focusing on getting the car road legal first.

Yours look cool though and inspiring :wink:. I might stick with my mk4 ones for the time being as cash is tight at the mo...

Ben

Project Update:

I have spent the past 2 years pondering over ownership of a yellow car, and I came to the conlusion (with some severe prodding by mr horrocks) that it wasnt for me.

So I have bought a bordeaux red vr as the new donor car, as most of your know. I completed a 14 hour road trip down to sunny (or foggy as it were) Norfolk to collect it.

Will have pictures to follow, but basically my christmas is going to be spent transferring all the 4wd bits and r32 install etc etc from the yellow one to the red one (great fun).

I will be following the renshaw route of fitting the entire R32 wiring loom, which will also give me control of the haldex diff to boot!

Anyways check the for sale board shortly as I will have for sale:

2.9 vr engine

VR autobox

Full stainless supersprint exhaust system

a very nice black interior

and possibly even a nearly new set of bilstein dampers and springs

Plus various other bits and bobs that I will be discarding in the conversion.

happy days....

I have spent the past 2 years pondering over ownership of a yellow car,

Good decision IMO :D

...my christmas is going to be spent transferring all the 4wd bits and r32 install etc etc from the yellow one to the red one

...at least it will go with your santa outfit and hat. Yellow would have clashed horribly!!!!!! :?

Looking forward to seeing this one develop.....again.

Feel free to give me a shout Ian if you need any help.

So thats three 24v's in the making.....who will be finished first. Coxy, Stanbates or xbones.... :)

Jay

Mine will be in the car and running by the new year, there you go, confirmed date and time....

Oh hang on thats only 3 weeks isnt it ? :? lol

Thanks Jay I will probablies be contacting you about the wiring at some point. I dont actually have the mk4 central locking system so I will probablies have to retain the corrado one, but it should be ok.

You don't need them, you can use Maplins central locking actuators (£6 each) and I can give you the wiring connections so it all works like a MK4. :)

Jay

Been working on the corrado for about 2 years, but to be fair on myself I did very little the first year, I spent most of my time building a house extension.

Nothing wrong with Yellow dude, just not my style thats all

here are some pics:

some good progress at last!

i still don't agree with the side engine mounts, but we'll have to agree to disagree on that one ;-) (again!)

corse it will :-)

theres not much left to do now :D

Should get some more done over the weekend.

Jay I might be giving you a ring over the weekend too, as I am mounting up my climatronic box inside :-)

p.s. excuse the lastpicture as it contains 3 pairs of my boxer shorts covering the inner cvs where I was welding (old ones of course :) )

i'm mounting climatronic as well....... haven't got a clue what i need to do tbh. is it plug and play and just swap sensors around? (out of a mk3 goof)

is yours climattronic or just aircon?

do you set the temp and it maintains it?

I would imagine it wouldnt be too hard to mount, the corrado vents marry up to the mk4 climate airbox perfectly so I would have though the mk3 gear would be fine.

I Have my dash out now so you are welcome to come and have a look about. bring your airbox down and you can trial fit it.