CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

excellent work young man!

how ironic that the engine from the first R32 Corrado in the Uk has ended up in the 2nd!

we will just pass it around :-)

Who else wants a turn with the r32 engine then? lol

I spent last night binding up all the wiring in the engine bay, Next job is to sort out the coolant pipes, then I will be making some custom lower front strut braces up to fix to my rad support.

I am going to finish the engine bay completely before I start on the interior wiring clean up and alarm install.

Yessir! :cyclops:

its the first time in about 8 months I have spent a few nights off the trott on it.

I am going to have to mount the coolant reservoir on the same side yours is, as I wont have any space left on the right hand side once the aircon pipes, the 4wd controller and that big daft box of relays is in place.

out of interest what sort of mileage are you getting from your motor now Jay?

Phat reckons he averaged 18mpg when this lump was in his mk4

:shock:

lol. Yeah Beans on toast will be cool :)

I get about 24MPG "average" driving, 28MPG driving carefully and up to 36 MPG on the motorway with the cruise control on.

I get way more to a tank than I used to with the G60.

Jay

Coxy, how much extra work is required to fit the R32 compared to a 2.8 24v? Are they similar jobs?

Stan, no I am fitting the corrado clocks. I needed the golf clocks to satisfy the immobiliser, but I will be stripping them to just the backing plate and fitting them up the back of th edash somewhere.

Trig. fitting an R32 is exactly the same as a 2.8 The are obviously subtle differences with the engine, but nothing that affects the way it goes in.

ah. now that I think about it I wont have mpg readout. I might trying and wire it in from the r32 ecu and see what happens.

as for oil temp, I have fitted a VR oil temp sender and wired it to where it used to go in the VR fuseboard.

I havent actually tested this but I am certain it should work as it doesnt need the ecu.

I dont want to know my mpg anyway - it will only depress me lol

Yeah I know the feeling :D would just be interesting to compare the differences between the consumption of the different engines.

Does the VR oil temp sender fit directly into the VR engine then? Andy has my car in anyway, and I think he is getting those bits sorted for me, but I'd like to know for my own peace of mind, know what I mean? ;)

Im sure he'll get it sorted. I thought a T piece may be required. Cheers dude. Glad to see yours is coming along nicely too, bet you cant wait, I know I couldnt :D

I get about 24MPG "average" driving, 28MPG driving carefully and up to 36 MPG on the motorway with the cruise control on.

That's about the same as my charged VR.

Nice to see some good progress Coxy 8) Did you keep that Supersprint in the end? They sound utterly gorgeous.... hope you can somehow fudge it on. Top exhaust.

Still got it, I couldnt let it go. Actually it may be going on my mams vr as her exhaust is looking a bit tired. Parents eh?

havent got too much done today, Hopefully I will make a bit progress before the weekends over.

Next on the list is to fit a clifford concept 500