Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

:( help have some problems dudes (im back again) :( 2006!

What's your water & oil temp like ?

CAT may have a slight obstruction, but if that was the case - your engine would not run "sweet" as there would be too much back pressure in the exhaust. The engine would not rev very well at all & may cut-out.

is it posible that i have broken a couple of exaust valves leting the fuel egnite in the maniofld?

i have an idea but im only a newbe to engins so here goes----- you have a thing calld morning start or something that releases more fuel and then this switches off i think --- if the fuel also acts as a coolent and there is less fuel when the the thing swiches of for warm running the exaust gas temp would rise?

causing the manifold to get too hot?

this would also explain for my sudden lack of power everyso often that can be fixed emidiatly by turning the engine on an off -- mabe a faulty fuel regulator sensor?

is this posible or am i speeking babble

mmmmmm,im sorta leaning away from the knackered cat idea now...

if your cat was blocked,you would have a consistent lack of power and it would struggle to rev properly.

id be getting the timing checked as the other guys have suggested,but take it to a diffarent garage,and rather than say 'whats up?' just ask for the timing to be checked/set up...

neil.

ok the whole loss of power randomly, then fixing it with turning the engine off and on is either a bad fuel pressure regulator, bad injector seals, blocked fuel line, or you have a vaccum leak, if your 16V is stock I feel bad for you because you have many vacuum lines. IF I were you I would be asking my friend how much he wants for the G60 engine, loom, bracket, alt, ecu, yadda yadda. ure tranny will do fine but G60's have slightly better gearing than 16V and VRs. before you spend anymore money on the car, spend the 70-130 dollars to get a bentley manual, it tells you how do to it yourself.

right were do i start --- i had loads of probs as somne of you know - ie loss of power sudenly untill the engine was turned of and strait on again - the exaust manifold began to glow red hot ... ... ... anyway took her to a friend mechanic after being toed to guilford from steyning ... he fiddled about with the fuel pressure and it stoped loosing power and didnt glow red ennymore sucsess i thought so i drove around guilford for a bit and all was fine .. drove 10-20 miles home at pace 70-115mph to test her and all was still fine and has been since friday untill just now on sunday eavening (have drivern allot all weekend to with no problems).

just had a loss of power down the same road as the problem started on 3weeks ago (ironic) . . . and the exaust manifold was red hot again - so im guessing its some kind of fuel presure problem - could it be the fuel filter of something floating about blocking the fuel line?

i will take it back to my mate but all your advice is well welcome because you guys seem to know your stuff lol . . thanks

Not sure that this could be a cause, but just out of interest have you thought about changing the fuel filter!!?

was going to be the next thing i do , do you think it could cause this?

i know that the lack of fuel in the engine is causing the glowing manifold so im getting closer - might it be something floating about in the tank do you think?

It does actually look quite 'arty' but I just hope he washed it afterwards...

Err, no it doesn't! It's a dirty grill with a VW badge in it.... one of millions.

Err, no it doesn't! It's a dirty grill with a VW badge in it.... one of millions.

It's a picture of a transporter isn't it?

It's a dirty VW grill on my C. Cars get dirty, tough shit, life's like that.

I quite liked the picture too...

And I *did* wash the car afterwards. That's why I took the picture in the first place. Dunno why Kev has such a problem with the mud on MY car ffs.. If you wanna wash it you're more than welcome...

I don't have a problem with YOUR car or YOUR mud - ffs - I was disagreeing with Supercharged about it being 'arty', ffs. Don't get your pony tail in a twist, ffs.

Miaow. I still like it. And art is in the eye of the beholder, anyway. ;)

Enough off-topic bitching for today, I think.. :)

mistrall, did you get to the bottom of this problem mate?....it sounds exactly like what saysomestuffs cars doing....

2006 issue ... - same -problem with the manifold glowing , any good mechanics down south that could help me out - im fed up with all these cowboy garrages that bugger it all up :( , took jmr 30mins (with tea) last time but i think hes busy at the moment :(

lo , its a timming & fueling issue - the manifold is glowing red on medium journeys - all the garages round here are so bad - all they say is o its a siroco , then they manage to fix one problem badly and leve me with more probolems than i started with :( - one told me i needed a new engine lol - anouther told me i needed new fuel l9nes - turned out to be a timing nd fueling prob lol - just needs the fueling adjusted after the timing is done .

2006 issue ... - same -problem with the manifold glowing , any good mechanics down south that could help me out - im fed up with all these cowboy garrages that bugger it all up :( , took jmr 30mins (with tea) last time but i think hes busy at the moment :(

Give John a buzz, he might be able to do it on a Saturday morning