I got a chufty today at a cheapo DIY store. an older indian/asian gentleman tapped me on the shoulder and said my corrado still sounds good (valver :D ) asked me how old it was and stuff. It was nice, even in its current state :lol:

chufie on way to work - was driving along slow'ish waiting for temp to hit 84 and big 40ft haulage trucker came flying up behnd me and flashed, thought he was giving out :lol: but he then pulled into over taking lane blocking traffic and sat just behind and as I approached a slower car up ahead he flashed me in and with temp up to speed duly obliged pulled out and torn off along the empty stretch of road with the trucker flashing away and honking :lol: I gave him the hazards back to be kind. Now I know this could be just a nut-case in truck with a thing for green cars, but I reckon he was a fan.....

weird how get lots of thumbs up / shows of appreciation from bikers & truckers :shrug: :pale: :lol:

chufie on way to work - was driving along slow'ish waiting for temp to hit 84 and big 40ft haulage trucker came flying up behnd me and flashed, thought he was giving out :lol: but he then pulled into over taking lane blocking traffic and sat just behind and as I approached a slower car up ahead he flashed me in and with temp up to speed duly obliged pulled out and torn off along the empty stretch of road with the trucker flashing away and honking :lol: I gave him the hazards back to be kind. Now I know this could be just a nut-case in truck with a thing for green cars, but I reckon he was a fan.....

weird how get lots of thumbs up / shows of appreciation from bikers & truckers :shrug: :pale: :lol:

Ive noticed recently that i get some random headlight flashes now and then from truckers, the first time it happened i thought i must have a light out or summet but no and get a few flashes from truckers when making my communute to see the GF in notts i now know im not the only one lol

I get looks on a daily basis, probably because of my wheels. :lol:

However, had a young lad tell me whilst i was in a petrol station it was an "awesome car, love it" and the guy at the counter then said, "thats proper nice mate", double chuftie. :lol: :D

Got this chuftie on a local Dub web site

yer dam though thats 1 hell of a good looking corrado

shes a beaut

corrados have to be the best car vw ever made!

8)

Got this chuftie on a local Dub web site

yer dam though thats 1 hell of a good looking corrado

shes a beaut

corrados have to be the best car vw ever made!

8)

What website's that mate?

Funily enough i only had a good read of this post last friday. finished work and was on my way home, sat in very heavy traffic. Put the windows down so i could get some fresh air and not fall asleep and i some guy in the passenger seat of a van shouts over "how long have u had that then" and then generally asks me a few questions about the C and gives me some praise about mine. He says he has 2 mint MK2 golfs if i fancied a swap. My response was how mint are they?? swapping a mint MK2 golf for a average KR Valver. His excuse for the swap is that he couldnt get hold of a C anymore, i advised he was looking in the wrong places.

Then i was fueling up later friday night and a guy waiting for the pump i was using told me that my C looked to be in good nick and was nice to see, Then he explained this his dad passed away recently and he has a mint G60 sat in his garage but didnt know weather to keep it or sell it. I akwardly gave him my number and advised under no pressure to give me a call if he comes to sell. i could either get the info and post on here or if i had the money be greedy and have 2 C's :grin:

Was round my folks yesterday with my VR6 parked next to my brothers 58 plate Scirocco when their former Porsche 911 airline pilot neighbour came over and started heaping praise on the C. He was well impressed with the 190 bhp from the 2.9 lump and confessed he had always wanted one. He said cars hadn't moved on much in the last 20 years when looking at my brothers rocco - which to be fair makes 200 bhp from it's mere two litres . . .

I was filling up at the garage on Friday morning and I saw this older guy clocking the C. After he paid he came over and said "Thats still the best looking car that VW ever made" I said thanks I've had it over two years and I still get a kick out of the looks. Made my day after a 24 hour shift then a 250 mile drive upto Scotland.

Mrs 4eyes is deputy head at a girls school and was using the C when her BMW failed to cope with the snow. The maintenance manager at the school has said if I'm ever looking to sell it to let him have first refusal!

Continuing the school related theme, a colleague who was new to us last September but who'd clearly never arrived or left at the same time as me until yesterday, said this morning "Is the Corrado yours?"; says I "Yes! That's my baby..."; says he "Niiiiiccceeeeee" (in full on Jazz Club style).

Loving it. :clap:

Literally just had my mot failure sheet handed to me when someone in a 7series pulled up and started asking if it was for sale, if I would swap etc.

Still didn't make up for the shitty test though.

Called in at Tesco this evening after work. As we came back to the 'rado, a gent was sitting in the passenger seat of a convertible MR2 with the top down (but wearing an England rugby hat to reassert his masculinity!). He was eyeing up the VR appreciatively and as we pulled away through the space, he mouthed "That's nice that is!" through the window!

He got a friendly beep of the horn and a wave as we left the car park. Nice one mate! :clap:

Pulled into tesco petrol station last night, went in to pay and the (fit) girl behind the counter said

"Can I buy your car?, I've been looking for ages for one of those!" to which I replied,

"i'll take you for a run if you want some time!"

Good times! Love the C

Pulled into tesco petrol station last night, went in to pay and the (fit) girl behind the counter said

"Can I buy your car?, I've been looking for ages for one of those!" to which I replied,

Good times! Love the C

lol.. did she take you up on the offer, or did she hit the panic button? ;)

Good times! Love the C

Smooth 8)

Good times! Love the C

lool agreed smooth line :shades:

I have her number! Indeed good times!

I felt like James Bond, if only he had a Rado!

Result :salute:

ahh the pulling power of the corrado :D but are you sure she's not fallen for your corrado over you :lol:

You can do a remake of the Human League video for "Don't you want me" - substitute the Corrado for the Rover and away you go :luvlove: . Mind you could be a bit odd on a first date :shrug: .

Beat this, no word of a lie, this man came into where i used to work and said is that your corrado, i was like yea, he said boy i'd give my wife for that car, i asked for photos :norty: :clap:

Still waiting on him to come back :scratch: