Riley

Late Black G60

bump for above questions and...

i deglazed all the discs/pads,then painted the calipers too.

neil.

cheers guys,appreciate it.

im not enjoying driving it at the moment as the exhaust is blowing somewhere :x ,think its the manifold or downpipe?

any good replacements?

i am impressed about one thing though,its the first vw ive owned that dosnt use a drop of oil! :?

that interior looks exactly the same as mine 8)

will hopefully be black in the future,not keen on the grey although it is pretty tidy.

neil.

I've just fitted a supersprint 4 branch manifold as the downpipe needed replaced. Just be aware that while the fitting is good, it makes contact (on mine not on andycowuks) with the boot on the steering column annoyingly - actually designed for a left hand drive car - which may not be obvious at first. You should be able to find a cheap and easy solution though - I can let you know what i do next week. There are other manifolds out there if you wanted to go down that route.

thanks m8 :)

ahh so s/sprint do one for the rado then,left hand drive though :? i had that problem with the mk1!

who else makes them for the g60?

cheers,neil.

ahh so s/sprint do one for the rado then,left hand drive though :? i had that problem with the mk1!

who else makes them for the g60?

cheers,neil.

Tim Styles Racing (TSR) make them .. :wink:

cheers steve,something to consider later on,ill just have to tidy (bodge :lol: ) the original up for now though.

neil.

fuel leak sorted :D

replaced the plastic feed pipe that runs from the filter to the engine bay.£19 from vw.i didnt think it had cured it at first but upon checking the floor pan while on the ramp,the fuel patch has dried up.see pic.

also received the air/fuel and volt gauge today,probably fit it tommorow! 8)

neil.

cheers guys :wink:

a pic i took at vw festival.

i dont know whats next on the to do list,dont know weather to swap the rear lights for smoked m3? and thinking about a badgeless grille?

neil.

seeing my pics made you think of new mods mate??

yep :lol:

i dont know if the current rear lights are a bit 'in ya face'? i do like em but i dunno,im just itching to do more!

and im just in the middle of doing a deal on some borbet a's 8)

cheers,neil.

Cool mate.. I wasnt keen on the lights when they 1st came out, but then got these cheap & they grew on me....

Borbet A's... nice mate...

aye these grew on me too but not sure now :roll:

fitted the air/fuel and volt gauge,i got v,v,v,v wet,feckin weather wasnt stopping me! :p

neil.

cheers,its alright but a bit on the expensive side thinking about it now :shock:

and it always seems to read rich,ive probably got a problem with my lambda probe or sommet though.

why have i bought another money pit,im on the verge of doing what the girlfriend says and getting 'a normal car'

:roll:

You need to try and do what I am currently deciding then - with regards to the money pit comment - work out what else essential needs done. then just draw the line there. If you cant do that then you may start to resent the car due to it robbing your wallet every month.

of course, just my 2p

_leon_, i know what youre saying m8,problem is that i get too attatched :oops:

constantly striving for imrovement etc,trying to make it a 'new car' but it never ends does it,we all know this so why the hell do we carry on? :lol:

anyway,swapped the front porsche adapters for 25mm ones instead of 20mm as i thought the wheels sat in too much,and i fit an fk debadged grill.

dont know weather to stick with the g60 badge or not?

neil.

Looking good as ever Neil...! I see the dilemma about the badge - kinda detracts from the whole stealthy black/white thang you got going on... But then, maybe it needs just that dot of red... but then, i kinda like the clean lines without... but then I did kinda like the yellow fogs... aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Suffice to say I'd love to have a rado that looked as good as that mate, she does you proud either way... 8)

Edit: just noticed your single wiper overhanging the edge of the screen - sort it out, it looks untidy...! ;) :lol: